Federated National Holding Company: A Growth Story
- Federated National Holding Company (FNHC) is a well managed, rapidly growing Florida Homeowners and multi-peril insurance company. FNHC has only a 2.6% market share in Florida (as of 3/31/2014).
- Because it insures primarily in Florida, hurricanes are a significant risk. However, the company cites significant reinsurance for a catastrophic event.
- In the event of a once in a hundred year hurricane, FNHC's losses would be limited to $11 million.
- FNHC’s niche market is insuring newer and more expensive homes which are better built and many of which meet current building codes and carry less risk than older houses.
- Monarch Insurance Company is a new company of which FNHC will own 42.5%. Monarch will insure a niche market below that of FNHC and will contribute to growth.