Oct. 3, 2014, 11:24 AM
- Among a number of rating changes made by RBC today, the team throws in the towel on its Outperform call on Kincross Gold (KGC -4.1%), downgrading to Sector Perform and cutting the price target to $4.50 from $5.50. Also downgraded is Lake Shore Gold (LSG -7.6%) - to Underperform from Sector Perform.
- Getting a little help from an upgrade as gold tumbles below $1,200 per ounce, is AuRico Gold (AUQ -0.3%) - now an Outperform thanks to attractive valuation, declining costs, and lower capital intensity. Also upgraded to Outperform is Fresnillo (OTCPK:FNLPF -8.3%), while Newmont Mining (NEM -1.3%) is boosted to Sector Perform from Underperform.
- The GDX is down 3.1% on the session.
- Previously: Stocks and dollar higher, bonds and gold lower following jobs number
- ETFs: GDX, GDXJ, NUGT, DUST, JNUG, GLDX, JDST, RING, GGGG, SGDM, PSAU
Aug. 6, 2013, 3:22 PM
- It's worse for the sliver miners than the gold miners today after Fresnillo (FNLPF.PK -5.6%) reported a 61% decline in H1 profit and investors decide 2.6x book value and a 26.4 PE ratio is too expensive with silver (SLV -0.9%) slipping below $20 per ounce.
- Fresnillo makes up 12% of the Global X Silver Miners ETF (SIL -6.3%) and 5.5% of the iShares MSCI Global Silver Miners ETF (SLVP -3.1%), but isn't a top-weighted stock in the PureFunds ISE Junior Silver ETF (SILJ -6.5%).
Currently, there's no company description for FNLPF.
Industry: Business Services
Country: United Kingdom
Other News & PR