Nov. 4, 2015, 6:06 AM
- Forestar Group (NYSE:FOR): Q3 EPS of -$0.31 misses by $0.32.
- Revenue of $43.17M (-26.6% Y/Y) misses by $8.86M.
Nov. 3, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AFAM, AGN, AMRN, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ARRY, AVA, AVP, AXAS, BDX, BIOS, BSFT, CBB, CDW, CECO, CHK, CLH, CRK, CRL, CRTO, CRZO, CST, CSTE, CTSH, DAVE, DDD, EE, EMES, FOR, FOXA, GDP, HAE, HEP, HMC, HSIC, HSNI, INXN, KELYA, KORS, LINC, LL, MEMP, MFA, MNTA, MSI, MWE, NAVB, NCT, NEWP, NRG, NYLD, REGN, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SHOP, SNH, SODA, SSYS, STNG, TESO, TMHC, TWX, USAK, VG, VOYA, VRTU, VSI, WCG, WD, WEC, WEN, WILN, WIX, WMC
Aug. 5, 2015, 6:20 AM
- Forestar Group (NYSE:FOR): Q2 EPS of $0.06 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $57.43M (-30.8% Y/Y) misses by $2.6M.
May 6, 2015, 7:07 AM
- Forestar Group (NYSE:FOR): Q1 EPS of -$0.24 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.00.
- Revenue of $47.8M (-43.5% Y/Y) misses by $11.99M.
Mar. 5, 2015, 7:48 AM
- Forestar Group (NYSE:FOR): Q4 EPS of $0.32 beats by $0.35.
- Revenue of $80.4M (-18.3% Y/Y) beats by $13.02M.
Jan. 6, 2015, 6:56 PM
- Two activist investment groups have sent an open letter to management of Forestar Group (NYSE:FOR) seeking changes in strategy and corporate governance at the real estate and energy company.
- SpringOwl Asset Management and Cove Street Capital say FOR "lacks clear and focused strategic direction, which is evident from its long-term stock price underperformance" - shares fell 28% in 2014, including 13% in Q4 amid falling oil prices.
- The move comes in the wake of news last month that FOR would conduct a strategic review of its oil and gas business.
- The two activist groups, along with some affiliated parties, collectively own ~7% of FOR shares.
Nov. 5, 2014, 6:03 AM
- Forestar Group (NYSE:FOR): Q3 EPS of $0.12 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $58.84M (-21.7% Y/Y) misses by $7.56M.
Aug. 6, 2014, 8:20 AM
- Forestar Group (NYSE:FOR): Q2 EPS of $0.34 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.10.
- Revenue of $83.01M (+38.2% Y/Y) beats by $17.27M.
May 6, 2014, 7:35 PM
- Forestar Group (FOR): Q1 EPS of $0.19 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $84.6M (-13% Y/Y) beats by $14.45M.
Dec. 11, 2013, 3:51 PM
- The 20% dip in Forestar (FOR +1.7%) shares since mid-October looks like a buying opportunity, Barron's writes, as FOR sells lots and realizes income from its oil and gas properties over the next year.
- FOR, which owns 132K acres of real estate in 10 states including in attractive markets in Texas, is on track to sell ~1,900 residential lots this year, more than double last year's 926 lots, and production in its burgeoning oil and gas unit is up 170% Y/Y.
- Proceeds from a recent equity offering, which raised $145M, while dilutive, will further develop FOR's real estate and energy properties in 2014, which could lead to a higher NAV over time.
Nov. 6, 2013, 8:50 AM
- Forestar Group (FOR): Q3 EPS of $0.16 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $75.1M beats by $14.98M. (PR)
Aug. 7, 2013, 9:16 AM
- Forestar Group (FOR): Q2 EPS of $0.02 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $60.1M beats by $12.6M. (PR)
May 8, 2013, 3:16 PM
The bull story on the homebuilders (XHB) still has years to play out, says Steve Eisman, speaking at Ira Sohn under the topic, "Housing: U.S. vs. Canada." He's especially bullish on the land-rich homebuilders - LEN, PHM, SPF - as there's not enough inventory to support demand and land prices will be heading higher, but the purest land play might be Forestar Group (FOR +5.5%), worth $30/share in his opinion.| May 8, 2013, 3:16 PM
May 8, 2013, 8:42 AMForestar Group (FOR): Q1 EPS of $0.11. Revenue of $97.5M. (PR) | May 8, 2013, 8:42 AM
Mar. 4, 2013, 2:24 PM
Forestar Group's (FOR +11.5%) shares trade at a 40% discount to net asset value, a discount that isn't likely to persist, Barron's said in a weekend article. With the housing market improving, FOR is accelerating its sales of residential lots and investing the proceeds in higher-returning ventures, including its oil and gas business and real estate development properties.| Mar. 4, 2013, 2:24 PM
Nov. 7, 2012, 9:14 AMForestar Group (FOR): Q3 EPS of $0.12 misses by $0.03. Revenue of $40.6M (+55% Y/Y) misses by $51M. (PR) | Nov. 7, 2012, 9:14 AM