Thu, Mar. 26, 1:05 PM
- Francesca's (FRAN +4%) trades higher with some retail analysts warming up to the retailer after it turned its first earnings beat in eight quarters.
- Goldman Sachs upgrades the stock to a Neutral rating from Sell.
- Nomura lifts its price target on the Buy-rated stock to $19.
- Previously: Francesca's beats by $0.01, beats on revenue (Mar. 25 2015)
- Previously: More on Francesca's Q4 (Mar. 25 2015)
Wed, Mar. 25, 8:14 AM
- Francesca's (NASDAQ:FRAN) reports comparable-store sales rose 1.0% in Q4.
- Direct-to-consumer sales increased 42.0% in the quarter.
- Gross margin rate declined 490 bps to 45.7%.
- Adjusted operating margin rate -620 bps to 14.3%.
- Inventory -3.30% Y/Y to $23.80M.
- Boutique count +88 Y/Y to 539.
- FQ1 Guidance: Net sales: $93M to $96M; Comparable-store sales: low single digit decrease; EPS: $0.15 to $0.18; New boutiques: 51.
FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: $412M to $424M; Comparable-store sales: flat to a low single digit decrease; EPS: $0.81 to $0.90; Shares outstanding: 42.4M; Tax rate: 38.1%; Capital expenditure: $30M to $32M; New boutiques: 85.
- FRAN +0.95% premarket.
Wed, Mar. 25, 7:34 AM
Tue, Mar. 24, 5:30 PM
Mon, Mar. 16, 12:15 PM
- Francesca's (FRAN +5.5%) rallies after Janney Montgomery Scott upgrades the specialty retailer to a Buy rating from Neutral.
- The investment firm sets a $20 price target on shares.
- Francesca's is due to release Q4 earnings on March 25 with analysts expecting revenue of $103.8M and EPS of $0.20 vs. Francesca's recent guidance for sales of $103M-$105M and EPS of $0.17 to $0.20.
Thu, Feb. 19, 10:27 AM
- Retail analysts are digging into the impact of the West Coast port slowdown on the sector.
- KeyBanc thinks Perry Ellis (NASDAQ:PERY), Steven Madden (NASDAQ:SHOO), and Vince Holdings (NYSE:VNCE) are three companies that could see a disproportionate sting from the labor unrest.
- The at-risk list from Stifel Nicolaus includes Aeropostale (NYSE:ARO), Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE:ANF), Chico's FAS (NYSE:CHS), Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN), Zumiez (NASDAQ:ZUMZ), Francesca's (NASDAQ:FRAN), Express (NYSE:EXPR), Gap (NYSE:GPS), Tilly's (NYSE:TLYS), and American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE:AEO).
- Though a number of the companies have warned on an impact on earnings for Q1, a lengthy slowdown could also hit Q2 as spring lines are delayed.
- Retailers with a larger concentration in California are viewed as more at risk.
- Previously: West Coast port slowdown continues (Feb. 16 2015)
- Previously: West Coast port slowdown impacts furniture industry (Feb. 17 2015)
- Previously: Perry Ellis cuts guidance due to West Coast port disruption, shares -15% AH (Feb. 17 2015)
- Previously: Apparel companies at risk from West Coast torpor (Feb. 18 2015)
Fri, Jan. 9, 6:59 AM
Dec. 10, 2014, 8:25 AM
- Francesca's (NASDAQ:FRAN) reports comparable-store sales fell 6.0% in Q3.
- Direct-to-consumer sales increased 53.0% in the quarter.
- Gross margin rate declined 340 bps to 47.28%
- Inventory +15.63% Y/Y to $35.43M.
- Boutique count +91 Y/Y to 538.
- Q4 Guidance: Net sales: $96M to $102M (+4% to +11%); Comparable-store sales: -5.0% to -10.0%; EPS: $0.13 to $0.19; Tax rate: 38.0%.
FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: $366M to $372M (+8% to +9%); Comparable-store sales: -6.0% to -8.0%; EPS: $0.75 to $0.81; Shares outstanding: 42.4M; Tax rate: 37.6%; Capital expenditure: $25.5M to $26.5M.
- FRAN -2.58% premarket.
Dec. 10, 2014, 7:33 AM
Dec. 9, 2014, 5:30 PM
Dec. 5, 2014, 12:50 PM
Dec. 5, 2014, 8:40 AM
- Francesca's Holdings (NASDAQ:FRAN) names Michael Barnes as its new CEO, effective immediately.
- Barnes served previously as CEO at Signet Jewelers.
- In an early look at FQ3 results, Francesca's says it churned up sales of $87M on a 6% drop in comps. EPS of $0.17 at the low end of its guidance is expected.
- FRAN +7.4% premarket.
Sep. 19, 2014, 10:15 AM
Sep. 9, 2014, 9:24 AM
Sep. 9, 2014, 7:34 AM
Sep. 8, 2014, 5:30 PM
FRAN vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR