AdvisorShares Madrona International ETFNYSEARCA
Oct. 6, 2015, 7:43 AM
- In a note which would have been better-timed before the 6%-plus rally of the past few sessions, Citi strategists say the global bull market is aging, but not finished, and see a 20% gain between now and year-end 2016.
- Not denying that global earnings aren't going to look good, Citi says stocks have already priced in this weakness.
- Favored regions are those where QE is still going on: Europe ex-U.K., and Japan.
- ETFs: EFA, VEA, GAB, IEFA, DBEF, DZK, URTH, DPK, EFZ, EFU, ADRD, MFLA, EFO, HEFA, IDHQ, FDT, FWDI, LLDM, KLDW
Jun. 11, 2015, 2:37 AM
- Due to a slowdown in emerging markets and softer output in the U.S., the World Bank downgraded its outlook for global economic growth this year, lowering its forecast by 0.2% to 2.8%. The bank expects growth of 3.3% in 2016.
- With regards to the U.S., the World Bank decreased its 2015 prospects by 0.5% to 2.7%, saying a brutal winter sapped output in Q1 despite the economy now gathering steam.
- ETFs: EEM, VWO, EFA, EDC, VEA, VT, FM, EDZ, EEB, SCHE, IEMG, FRN, BIK, ACWI, EEV, BKF, PIE, IOO, CEW, ADRE, IEFA, EUM, FNI, DZK, EET, PIZ, DPK, GWX, GMM, BBRC, EFZ, URTH, ONEF, EFU, DGT, DBEF, EEME, FIGY, EMDD, MFLA, EMCR, BICK, DBEM, PXF, EFO, ADRD, FEM, EWEM, RWV, JEM, EMBB, EMLB, FNDF, TOK, EMFM, IFSM, EMSA, IDHQ, FWDI, EMDR, EMFT, FDT
Apr. 21, 2015, 4:46 PM
- Not necessarily a bear on American stocks, the global chief investment strategist suggests investors tamp down their return expectations given the rich values, and instead move a little money into cheaper international names.
- “Investment professionals advocate diversification, but not everyone follows it. And U.S. dollar-based investors are structurally overweight in stocks. Right now it is a timely moment to reduce their allocation."
- Much of the appreciation in U.S. stocks over the past few years, he says, is due to multiple expansion, rather than earnings growth.
- ETFs: EFA, VEA, VV, SCHX, IEFA, DBEF, FEX, DZK, JKD, EEH, URTH, DPK, EFZ, EQL, EFU, IWL, ADRD, MFLA, EFO, HEFA, ERW, FWDD, IDHQ, ZLRG, SYE, FDT, FWDI, SBUS
Jun. 17, 2014, 11:05 AM
- The JPMorgan Diversified Return Global Equity ETF (JPGE) started trading earlier today, marking the firm's entrance into the ETF industry.
- JPGE will track the FTSE Developed Diversified Factor Index, a basket of equities from developed global markets which meet the relative valuation, price momentum, low volatility and market capitalization requirements.
- While the fund will track this index, it will also include an almost active tilt which may help JPGE outperform traditional market-cap-weighted ETFs.
- Other broad developed market ETFs: EFA, VEA, IEFA, DZK, DPK, URTH, EFZ, EFU, DBEF, ADRD, MFLA, EFO, IDHQ, IFSM, FDT, HEFA, FWDI
Apr. 22, 2014, 12:28 PM
- The EGShares Blue Chip ETF (BCHP) will begin trading on the NYSE Arca April 23rd, tracking the EGAI Developed Markets Blue Chip EM Access Index.
- The index features even weight exposure to 30 well established, large cap firms in developed markets; including the U.S.
- Other broad developed market ETFs: EFA, VEA, IEFA, DZK, PIZ, DPK, GWX, URTH, EFZ, EFU, DBEF, MFLA, ADRD, PXF, EFO, FNDF, IFSM, IDHQ, FDT, FWDI, HEFA
Jan. 22, 2014, 3:45 PM
- The Market Vectors MSCI International Quality ETF (QXUS) and the MSCI International Quality Dividend ETF (QDXU) will both track the MSCI ACWI ex-U.S. Index which includes large and mid-cap stocks across 42 countries. Both funds have expense ratios of 0.45%.
- Related ETFs: EFA, VEA, EFV, PDN, IEFA, EFAV, DZK, DWM, PIZ, EFG, DTH, DPK, GWX, URTH, EFZ, EFU, IDLV, DBEF, PXF, MFLA, EFO, ADRD, TLTD, FNDF, IFSM, IDHQ, FWDI, FDTS, FDT, IDHB, IDV, SDIV, DWX, PID, DTN, LVL, FGD, DOO, DOL, DEW, IDOG, HGI, DVYA, IQDF, IQDY, IQDE, WDIV, FIEG
- The Market Vectors MSCI Emerging Markets Quality ETF (QEM) and the MSCI Emerging Markets Quality Dividend ETF will both track the MSCI Emerging Markets High Dividend Yield Index which includes large and mid-cap stocks across 19 emerging market countries.
- Related ETFs: EEM, VWO, DEM, EDC, DGS, EDZ, EEMV, EEB, SCHE, EDIV, IEMG, DVYE, BIK, EEV, EWX, BKF, PIE, CEW, ADRE, HILO, EUM, FNI, EET, GMM, PXH, EEMS, BBRC, EELV, FEMS, EEME, EMDD, BICK, DBEM, EMCR, FEM, EWEM, EVAL, JEM, EMBB, EMLB, TLTE, EEHB, EGRW, FNDE, EMSA, EMHD, EMDR, EMFT
Jan. 8, 2014, 2:41 PM
- State Street Global Advisors, the industry giant behind popular SPDR funds such as SPY and GLD, will laund the SPDR MFS Systematic Core Equity ETF (SYE), Growth Equity ETF (SYG), and Value Equity ETF (SYV) on January 9th.
- Each employing different size and style specific strategies, these new funds will appeal to investors looking for capital appreciation and agility in the markets.
- The addition of 3 active ETFs is a large step for State Street, as there are currently only 5 ETFs in their portfolio that employ an active strategy: GAL, RLY, INKM, ULST, SRLN
- Other actively managed equity ETFs: SYLD, TTFS, HDGE, IELG, FWDD, ACCU, FWDI, HUSE, RWG, ONEF, IESM, GVT, RPX
Jan. 2, 2014, 3:57 PM
- Mebane Faber updates countries' cyclically-adjusted price-earnings ratios (CAPE) for the start of the year, and Greece, Russia, Ireland, Argentina, Hungary, Jordan, Austria, and Lebanon make the list of the cheapest - all under 10.
- How did the CAPE do in 2013? If you bought the 5 highest-priced countries - Peru, Colombia, Indonesia, Mexico, and Chile - you would have lost 17.8%. If you bought the 5 cheapest - Greece, Ireland, Argentina, Russia, and Italy - you would have gained 20.7%.
- 2014's full list is here (subscription required).
- Related ETFs: EFA, VEA, EFV, PDN, EFAV, IEFA, DWM, DZK, EFG, PIZ, DTH, DPK, GWX, EFZ, URTH, EFU, IDLV, DBEF, MFLA, EFO, PXF, ADRD, TLTD, IFSM, IDHQ, FNDF, FWDI, FDT, FDTS, IDHB
Sep. 11, 2013, 3:30 PM
- The Short Enhanced MSCI EAFE ETN's redemption feature was triggered automatically after recent months of rising global market indices.
- MFSA offered 2x inverse exposure to global markets, excluding North America, and performed best at the height of the euro crisis.
- Related funds: EFA, IEFA, VEA, DBEF, ADRD, FDT, URTH, FWDI, FNDF, MFLA, EFO, EFU, DZK, DPK, EFZ, PXF, IDHQ, PIZ
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio: Visit Seeking Alpha's ETF Hub
- In Your Portfolio: A Guide to International Equity ETFs, Core Building Blocks: A Guide to ETFs That Divide the U.S. Stock Market by Market Cap
- Asset Class Performance: Market Cap ETFs, Global & Regions ETFs