Fairway Group Holdings Corp.NASDAQ
Fairway: An Incompetent Management Team And Board
Dante's Investing Ideas • 49 Comments
Dante's Investing Ideas • 49 Comments
Tue, May 3, 4:39 AM
- Fairway Group Holdings (NASDAQ:FWM), which has lost money in every quarter since it went public in 2013, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in a New York court.
- The grocery chain operator listed assets and liabilities in the range of $100M-$500M, and is seeking approval for $55M of debtor-in-possession financing.
Thu, Feb. 18, 11:55 AM
- Fairway Group Holdings (NASDAQ:FWM) is down 3% today after jumping 26% yesterday on raised expectations the company will be able to raise cash.
- Sources tell the New York Post that potential bidders are kicking the tires of Fairway, but are turned off by some of the high lease costs the chain is locked into.
- Shares of FWM haven't traded over $1 since last November.
Thu, Feb. 11, 5:00 PM
- Fairway (NASDAQ:FWM): FQ3 EPS of -$0.22 misses by $0.08.
- Revenue of $191.68M (-7.1% Y/Y) misses by $3.2M.
Tue, Feb. 9, 2:39 PM
Dec. 18, 2015, 7:45 AM
- The number of organic food offerings at traditional grocery stores stands 35% to 50% higher than a year ago, according to an estimate from Piper Jaffray.
- The development continues to pressure specialty grocery store chains such as Fairway Group (NASDAQ:FWM), Sprouts Farmers Market (NASDAQ:SFM), Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ:WFM), and Natural Grocers By Village Cottage (NYSE:NGVC) which expected to dominate the organic food sector.
- BB&T sees Fairway as in the toughest position of the bunch. Recent earnings reports indicate Kroger (NYSE:KR) and Target (NYSE:TGT) are stealing organic market share.
- "We’re definitely in a little bit of a shakeout right now, and I don’t expect that all of these specialty grocers are going to survive," warns PJ analysts Sean Naughton.
Dec. 10, 2015, 10:30 AM
- The organic grocery store sector is making some modest gains with Whole Foods Market (WFM +3.3%), Fairway Group (FWM +3%), Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM +2.6%), and The Fresh Market (TFM +2.5%) all higher than broad market averages.
- The group has had a very rough year due to a high level of competition and some saturation in key markets. Consolidation is still seen as a potential way out for some chains.
- YTD returns: FWM -76%, SFM -24%, TFM -40%, WFM -38%.
Nov. 5, 2015, 10:12 AM
- Grocery store stocks Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (NGVC -1.7%), Ingles Markets (IMKTA -1.5%), Roundy's (RNDY -0.9%), Fairway Group (FWM -1.7%), SuperValu (SVU -1.7%), and Village Super Markets (VLGEA -0.8%) all trade below broad market averages following the Whole Foods Market earnings report.
- The Whole Foods conference call may be on the mind of investors with management appearing to give up some ground on pricing and expressing confidence on the new value brand roll-out.
- Even Kroger (KR -0.2%) which has Whole Foods beat at scale and profitability is trading a bit weak. The outlier is Sprouts Farmers Market which is flying off of earnings.
- Previously: Sprouts Farmers Market flies after comps come in strong (Nov. 05 2015)
- Previously: Whole Foods Market and rivals at the crossroads (Nov. 04 2015)
Oct. 30, 2015, 12:45 PM
Oct. 29, 2015, 4:39 PM
- Fairway (NASDAQ:FWM): FQ2 EPS of -$0.27 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $179.8M (-7.3% Y/Y) misses by $8.26M.
Oct. 28, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ARAY, ARI, ATEN, ATR, AUY, AXTI, AZPN, BCOR, BCOV, BGG, BIDU, BMRN, BVN, BXP, CALX, CATM, CENX, CLW, COLM, CPSI, CPT, CRAY, CTRL, CXP, DCT, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, EA, ECOL, EHTH, EMN, EPAY, ESS, EXPE, EXTR, EYES, FE, FLDM, FLR, FLS, FRGI, FSLR, FWM, GB, GNW, HWAY, IM, IMMR, IMPV, ISBC, IXYS, KAMN, KRG, LC, LEG, LNKD, LSCC, MEP, MOBL, MOD, MOH, MTSN, MXWL, NANO, NBIX, NR, NSR, NUS, OIS, OMCL, ON, OSIS, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PRMW, PSMT, QTM, RGA, RKUS, RSG, SAAS, SAM, SBUX, SCTY, SEM, SGEN, SHO, TMST, TNAV, TNDM, TRMB, TSRO, TSYS, TUES, VR, WRI, WU, WWWW, YRCW
Oct. 7, 2015, 12:45 PM
Sep. 25, 2015, 12:44 PM
Sep. 24, 2015, 12:40 PM
Sep. 14, 2015, 12:45 PM
Aug. 5, 2015, 1:44 PM
- Fairway Group (NASDAQ:FWM) is down 20% after a weak Q2 report.
- Transactions at comparable stores fell 8% for the grocery store chain during the quarter.
- Adjusted EBITDA margin rate -90 bps to 4.7%.
- The company says a long-term plan to improve results is in place.
- Previously: Fairway EPS of -$0.32 (Aug. 4)
Aug. 5, 2015, 12:48 PM