There are no Focus articles on GAL.
There are no Transcripts on GAL.
Tue, Oct. 14, 2:52 PM
- Just 32% of fund managers expect the global economy to strengthen over the next twelve months, according to the latest BAML Fund Manager Survey. It's the weakest showing in two years. Alongside, corporate earnings expectations are the poorest in 18 months.
- As a result, money managers have slashed overweight equity allocations to a two-year low of 34%, cut emerging market exposure for the first time in five years, boosted fixed-income holdings, gotten more underweight commodities, and raised cash levels to 4.9%.
- “Cash balances are high, but investors are retreating to benchmark positions rather than staging an exodus from markets,” says BAML's top market honcho Michael Hartnett.
- With interest rates scraping zero across the developed world, just 18% of those surveyed believe monetary policy is too stimulative. Yikes!
- ETFs: VV, SCHX, AOA, PERM, GTAA, FEX, CPI, AOK, JKD, AOM, AOR, RLY, EEH, EPRO, EQL, DBIZ, GAL, MATH, IWL, TZY, TZW, TGR, RRF, TDN, FWDD, TZV, GIVE, ERW, TZI, TZE, TDV, TZD, TZL, TDD, SYE, TZG, TZO, TDH, TDX
Tue, Jul. 15, 9:28 AM
- Global asset allocators are a net 61% overweight equities, according to the latest read from BAML, the highest amount since early 2011 and the second-strongest response in the report's history. Overlooked apparently, are valuations, with a net 21% of fund managers viewing stocks as overvalued, the highest read since 2000.
- "Improving investor sentiment on global growth, inflation, equities and risk-taking are all testament to a potential macro normalization in the second half," says BAML Chief Investment Strategist Michael Hartnett. "This could eventually feed into a normalization of rates. If growth does pick up, volatility will rise too."
- ETFs: VV, SCHX, AOA, GTAA, FEX, JKD, AOK, AOM, AOR, EPRO, EQL, RLY, DBIZ, GAL, MATH, EEH, IWL, GIVE, ERW, FWDD, SYE
Mon, Jul. 7, 3:11 PM
- You need to look at more than the size of flows, says Deutsche's Sebastian Mercado, who instead relies on what he calls "flow trend formation." For example, noting that ETFs attracted $25B in a month is of little use, but a pattern of $1B of inflows every day for a month is a sign of a demand shift for that asset class.
- The bank is now publishing a Tactical Asset Allocation Relative Strength Signal report, and the latest one sees strong equity flows across all regions, particularly Europe and North America, more particularly still in periphery states like Spain (EWP) and Italy (EWI). Treasury and corporate bond flows are negative and the rally in gold has failed to attract much in the way of inflows into those ETFs.
- ETFs: AOA, GTAA, AOK, AOM, AOR, EPRO, RLY, DBIZ, GAL, MATH, GIVE
Wed, Jan. 8, 2:41 PM
- State Street Global Advisors, the industry giant behind popular SPDR funds such as SPY and GLD, will laund the SPDR MFS Systematic Core Equity ETF (SYE), Growth Equity ETF (SYG), and Value Equity ETF (SYV) on January 9th.
- Each employing different size and style specific strategies, these new funds will appeal to investors looking for capital appreciation and agility in the markets.
- The addition of 3 active ETFs is a large step for State Street, as there are currently only 5 ETFs in their portfolio that employ an active strategy: GAL, RLY, INKM, ULST, SRLN
- Other actively managed equity ETFs: SYLD, TTFS, HDGE, IELG, FWDD, ACCU, FWDI, HUSE, RWG, ONEF, IESM, GVT, RPX
Oct. 17, 2013, 2:46 PM
- These new additions to Charles Schwab's (SCHW) commission free resource platform brings the total funds offered up to 121 and expands the range of available asset categories to include global multi-asset income, long-term corporate bonds, fundamentally weighted indexes, and asset allocation ETFs.
- Vice President of ETF platform management, Beth Flynn, stated “we’re pleased to be adding to the range of funds and asset categories that we can offer commission-free, and continue to believe that this is just the beginning.”
- New additions to the OneSource Lineup: HGI, BSJJ, BSJK, BSCL, BSCM, CBND, RLY, GAL, INKM, WDIV, FNDB, FNDX, FNDA, FNDF, FNDC, FNDE
- Schwab's competition in the deep discount sector: E*TRADE Financial Corp. (ETFC), TD Ameritrade Holdings Corp. (AMTD), and Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR)
There are no StockTalks on this stock yet.
GAL vs. ETF Alternatives
The SPDR® SSgA Global Allocation ETF seeks to provide capital appreciation. The Fund invests in exchange traded funds registered under the Investment Company Act of 1940, as amended, that seek to track the performance of a market index; exchange traded commodity trusts; and exchange traded notes. The Portfolio may invest in certain ETPs that pay fees to the Adviser and its affiliates for management, marketing or other services.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Other News & PR