Golub Capital BDCNASDAQ
Tue, Oct. 11, 9:26 AM
- The company originated $179.4M in new middle-market investment commitments in the quarter ended Sept. 30. About 85% were one-stop loans, 14% senior secured, and 1% equity securities.
- Total investments at fair value are estimated to have risen 2%, or $32M during the quarter. Total investments at fair value held by Senior Loan Fund LLC are estimated to have dipped 7.7%, or $27.1M.
Mon, Sep. 12, 10:04 AM
- The sector has been a big beneficiary of the rates lower-for-longer thesis, the bounce in oil and the related major move higher in high-yield.
- All three of those themes have been called into question since Labor Day. SA author BDC Buzz reminds not all BDCs are created equal, and says the higher risk ones will likely be underperformers in a correction ... Think Prospect Capital (PSEC -4%), TICC Capital (TICC -1%) and KCAP Financial (KCAP -2.7%). Fifth Street Finance (FSC -2%), Medley Capital (MCC -2.6%) and Full Circle Capital (FULL -0.4%) also fit the bill, and PennantPark (PNNT -1.5%), Gladstone (GLAD -3.4%), and Apollo Investment (AINV -1.2%) have the highest amount of oil exposure.
- Those BDCs with "true" first-lien assets and stable NAV will be the outperformers: New Mountain Finance (NMFC -1.8%), Solar Senior (SUNS -0.1%), Goldman Sachs BDC (GSBD -0.7%), Golub Capital (GBDC -0.5%), FS Investment (FSIC -1.7%), Monroe Capital (MRCC -0.1%), TPG (TSLX -0.6%), Main Street (MAIN -0.1%), PennatPark Floating Rate (PFLT -0.1%), Hercules (HTGC -1.4%), Horizon (HRZN -1.8%), and TCP Capital (TCPC -0.7%) are worth a look.
- ETFs: BDCL, BDCS, BIZD, FGB, LBDC
Thu, Aug. 4, 4:56 AM
Wed, Aug. 3, 4:37 PM
Tue, Aug. 2, 5:35 PM
- AEL, AGO, AGU, ALB, ALIM, ALL, ANDE, AREX, ATO, AWK, AWR, BBRG, BFAM, BGC, BIO, BKH, BNFT, BREW, BYD, CABO, CBPX, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CF, CHDN, CIM, CLR, CNAT, CODI, CPA, CSGS, CSII, CTL, CXW, DENN, DEPO, DK, DKL, DPM, ECR, EPE, EPR, EQIX, ERII, ETE, ETP, EVC, EVHC, EXAR, EXEL, EXTR, FIVN, FOXA, FRGI, FRSH, FSLR, G, GBDC, GDDY, GERN, GPOR, HABT, HASI, HI, HIL, HIVE, HLF, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAG, IL, INOV, IO, IRG, ITRI, JACK, JCOM, JONE, JRVR, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LPI, MASI, MC, MED, MET, MNR, MRO, MTDR, MUSA, MWA, NBIX, NKTR, NLY, NNBR, NP, NSIT, NSTG, OAS, OME, OSUR, PDM, PE, PEGA, PMT, PODD, PRA, PRU, PRXL, QLYS, QTWO, QUIK, REXR, RICE, RIG, RIGP, RLJ, RMP, RNG, RP, RST, RYN, SBY, SEMI, SGMO, SNCR, SQ, SQNM, SRC, SSS, STAA, STR, SUN, SWM, SXL, TCAP, TDOC, TEAR, TEP, TLLP, TRIP, TRNC, TROX, TS, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TTEC, TWO, UHAL, VTAE, VVC, WCN, WGL, WMC, WPG, WPX, WU, XEC, XPO
Thu, Jun. 2, 10:19 AM
- In kind of exactly the kind of sizable deal it hopes to do more of after acquiring American Capital (NASDAQ:ACAS), Ares Capital (NYSE:ARES) is leading the financing for a $1.075B unitranche credit facility in support of Thoma Bravo's purchase of Qilk Techologies.
- Other lead joint arrangers include Golub Capital (NASDAQ:GBDC).
- Source: Press Release
Fri, May 6, 1:05 AM
Thu, May 5, 4:57 PM
- Golub Capital BDC (NASDAQ:GBDC): Q1 EPS of $0.33 beats by $0.01.
- Total invest ment income of $30.8M (+1.0% Y/Y) misses by $1.19M.
Wed, May 4, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, AMBR, AMH, ANET, APLE, ASYS, ATHX, ATVI, ATW, BBG, BCEI, BIO, BIOS, BLDR, BOJA, CAA, CARA, CERN, CINR, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CPA, CTRL, CYBR, CZR, DATA, DCT, DEPO, DIOD, DK, DKL, DV, DWA, EBS, ECOM, ED, EFC, EGAN, EGL, EGN, EGY, ELON, ENDP, ENV, EOG, ERII, ESL, EVC, EVDY, EVHC, FCE.A, FEYE, FISV, FLR, FPRX, FTD, GBDC, GEOS, GERN, GPRO, GSAT, GST, GUID, GXP, HLF, HTGC, ICPT, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, JCOM, LADR, LOCO, MAIN, MCHX, MDR, MDRX, MDVN, MELI, MHK, MITT, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTD, MTZ, NBIX, NGVC, NSTG, NWSA, OLED, OMED, OUT, OVAS, PACD, PCTY, PEGA, PETX, PKI, PMT, POST, PRSS, PTCT, PTLA, QLGC, RPTP, RRMS, RWT, SAAS, SEM, SEMG, SNCR, SPPI, SPWR, SPXC, SQ, SSNC, SWIR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TRQ, TRUP, TSRO, TWOU, UBNT, UEPS, UNXL, WAGE, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, XNPT, Y, YELP
Thu, Apr. 7, 4:28 PM
- The company originated $150.8M in new middle-market investment commitments in FQ2 (ended March 31). About 75% were one-stop loans, 24% were senior secured loans, and 1% equity securities. Nearly all the commitments closed during the quarter.
- GBDC also invested $4.9M in Senior Loan Fund LLC - co-managed by Golub and RGA Reinsurance.
- The activity left total investments at fair value about 5.4% higher after factoring in repayments and gains/losses.
- Now read: Which BDCs Will Outperform In 2016? (April 1)
Fri, Feb. 5, 4:17 PM
- Golub Capital BDC (NASDAQ:GBDC): FQ1 NII of $0.29 misses by $0.03.
- Total investment income of $30.5M (-9.1% Y/Y) misses by $2.18M.
Thu, Feb. 4, 5:35 PM
Thu, Jan. 14, 12:04 PM
- A rally in the major averages and in the price of oil is failing to translate into a bounce for the roughed-up BDC sector.
- Leading the way lower today is Gladstone Capital (GLAD -16.3%) which is notable (as are others in the sector) for its exposure to energy. Popular names like Prospect Capital (PSEC -1.8%), Fifth Street FInance (FSC -3.1%), Ares Capital (ARES -2.3%), KCAP Financial (KCAP -6%), and Main Street Capital (MAIN -3.1%) also can't catch a bid.
- As BDC Buzz points out on Seeking Alpha, the BDC sector hasn't done a whole lot worse than the broader averages this year (though that gap is surely widening today), and a large handful of names are in the green for 2016. Among them (along with how they're doing in today's session) are Goldman Sachs BDC (GSBD -1.3%), Golub Capital (GBDC -0.4%), PennantPark Floating Rate (PFLT -1.5%), TCP Capital (TCPC -1.2%), and TPG Specialty Lending (TSLX +2.3%).
- ETFs: BDCL, BDCS, BIZD, FGB
Nov. 17, 2015, 4:26 PM
- Q3 net investment income of $15.5M or $0.30 per share is about flat from Q2. NII before capital gain incentive fee accrual per share of $0.32 is also flat from Q2 and equal to the dividend.
- Net increase in net assets from operations of $19.47M or $0.38 per sharee vs. $18.3M and $0.36 in Q2.
- Net asset value per share of $15.80 vs. $15.74. Today's close was $16.91, making GBDC a rare BDC selling at a premium to NAV.
- Conference call Thursday at 2:30 ET
- Previously: Golub Capital BDC misses by $0.02, beats on total investment income (Nov. 17)
- GBDC -0.5% after hours
Nov. 17, 2015, 4:17 PM
- Golub Capital BDC (NASDAQ:GBDC): FQ4 NII of $0.30 misses by $0.02.
- Total investment income of $33.55M (+10.4% Y/Y) beats by $0.7M.
Nov. 16, 2015, 5:35 PM