GAMCO Investors' Upcoming Spin-Off To Unlock Significant Value
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
How GAMCO Investors Excited Me, For A Minute
Dec. 1, 2015, 1:10 PM
Apr. 10, 2014, 3:21 PM
- The latest data from Invesco (IVZ -2.1%) suggests U.K.-related attrition is manageable and no major increase in retail redemptions have taken place, says Citi's William Katz, maintaining his Buy rating and $47 price target.
- At Artisan Partners Asset Mangement (APAM -8.1%), however, inflows appear to have disappeared, leaving the firm with small outflows. "We suspect the acceleration in U.S. Value outflows may be related to a lumpy mandate loss while we are encouraged by the initial disclosure of assets for High Yield," says Katz, maintaining his Buy rating and $72 price target.
- Taken together, and adding in figures from Franklin Resources (BEN -2.2%), "point(s) to uninspiring equities flows, which likely suggest tough(er) flow backdrop for the industry at large." Standing out, says Katz, may be Waddell & Reed (WDR -3.7%) which announced $3.5B in inflows QTD back in early March.
- Others: Gamco Investors (GBL -3.1%), Calamos (CLMS -0.6%), Janus (JNS -2.5%), T. Rowe Price (TROW -2.2%), AllianceBernstein (AB -1.9%), Affiliated Managers (AMG -5%), Federated Investors (FII -1.5%).
Mar. 4, 2014, 4:47 PM
- A number of asset manager names were big movers to the upside today, none more than Calamos Asset Management (CLMS +11.1%) which shot higher on about 4x its normal volume. There was a minor insider buy - Chairman and CEO John Calamos buying about $250K worth yesterday - but other than that no evident news.
- Others: WisdomTree (WETF +5.1%), Gamco (GBL +9.3%), Janus (JNS +4.1%), Federated (FII +4.1%), Artisan Partners (APAM +4.5%), Cohen & Streers (CNS +2.8%).
Oct. 1, 2013, 12:47 PM
GAMCO Investors, Inc. is a publicly owned holding investment manager. It provides investment advisory services to mutual funds, institutional and high net worth investors, and investment partnerships. The company offers services to high net worth individuals, corporate pension and profit-sharing... More
Industry: Asset Management
Country: United States
Other News & PR