Tue, Apr. 7, 7:00 AM
- Greenbrier (NYSE:GBX) reports it received orders for 10,100 railcars valued at $1.1% during FQ2.
- Revenue in the manufacturing segment was up 33% Y/Y to $505.2M.
- Aggregate gross margin +210 bps Q/Q to 19.6%. A long-term goal of +20% gross margin is still in play.
- Guidance: FY15 deliveries of 21,500 units expected. Greenbriers sees FY15 EPS of $5.65-$5.95.
- Previously: Greenbrier beats by $0.37, beats on revenue
Tue, Apr. 7, 6:02 AM
Mon, Apr. 6, 5:30 PM
Wed, Jan. 7, 7:05 AM
- Greenbrier (NYSE:GBX) reports gross margin rate rose 524 bps to 17.79% Y/Y in FQ1.
- Segment sales: Manufacturing $379.95M (+5.70%); Wheels & Parts: $86.62M (-23.61%); Leasing & Services: $28.49M (+62.95%).
- The company says it saw 4,000 new railcar deliveries in the quarter, down 16.67% Q/Q.
- New railcar manufacturing backlog was 41,200 units valued at $4.20B at quarter's end, vs. 31,500 units valued at $3.33B as of Aug. 31.
- The company received orders for 14,100 new railcars during the quarter.
- FY2015 Guidance: Deliveries: ~21,500 units; Revenues: ~$2.6B; Diluted EPS: $5.20 to $5.50.
Wed, Jan. 7, 6:03 AM
Tue, Jan. 6, 5:30 PM
Oct. 30, 2014, 6:12 AM
Oct. 29, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AMAG, AMT, ANR, APD, APO, ATK, AUDC, AVP, BCO, BG, BGCP, BLL, BWA, CAH, CARB, CBM, CEVA, CI, CME, CNSL, COP, COR, CRCM, CRNT, CRR, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DHX, DST, EPD, EXLS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, GBX, GEL, GG, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTI, GTLS, HAR, HEES, HGG, HST, I, IDA, IDCC, INCY, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, IVZ, JCI, K, KCG, KEM, KMT, LAD, LECO, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, LRN, MA, MD, MDC, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MOD, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MPW, MSCI, MZOR, NEO, NGD, NI, NILE, NOV, NVO, NYT, O, OAK, OCN, ODFL, OXF, PBI, PCRX, PEG, Q, RDEN, RDN, RDS.A, RFP, RGLD, RTIX, SCG, SHOO, SMP, SNAK, SPAR, SSE, STRA, STRZA, SUI, TASR, TEVA, THRM, TRI, TWC, UAN, UPL, USAC, VICL, VNTV, WLT, WST, WWE, XEL
Jul. 2, 2014, 9:10 AM
- Greenbrier (GBX) +8.3% premarket after raising its full-year earnings forecast and easily beating FQ3 earnings expectations.
- The railcar manufacturer says FQ3 revenues rose 18.1% Q/Q, primarily due to increased deliveries, and gross margins were 16.3% from 11.5% in Q2, driven by improved efficiencies, pricing and product mix; railcar backlog as of the end of Q3 was 26,400 units valued ~$2.75B vs. 15,200 units valued at ~$1.54B at the end of Q2.
- Issues upside guidance for FY 2014, now expecting EPS of $2.98-$3.08 vs. its prior forecast of $2.45-$2.70 and analyst consensus estimate of $2.62, and revenues of more than $2.2B vs. $2.16B consensus.
- For Q4, GBX sees EPS of $0.95-$1.05 vs. $0.87 consensus, and deliveries of 4,300-4,600 units resulting in full-year deliveries of 15,700-16,000 units.
- TRN +3.3% premarket.
Jul. 2, 2014, 6:04 AM
Jul. 1, 2014, 5:30 PM
Apr. 3, 2014, 10:29 AM
- Greenbrier (GBX -2.2%) reports its FQ2 earnings rose 13% on double-digit increases in revenue at its manufacturing and wheels, repair and parts segments, but shares are lower as results failed to meet Wall Street expectations.
- GBX says severe weather and manufacturing line changeovers at a facility in Oregon weighed on resulted, but manufacturing margins should improve in H2.
- GBX reports 3,400 new railcar deliveries in the quarter, down 8.1% Q/Q; new railcar manufacturing backlog was 15,200 units valued at ~$1.54B at quarter's end, vs. 13,500 units valued at $1.43B as of Nov. 28.
- Expects to continue to expand tank car and retrofit capacity and capabilities, and will certify its largest repair facility in Cleburne, Tex., to perform tank car work.
Apr. 3, 2014, 6:01 AM
Apr. 3, 2014, 12:05 AM
Apr. 2, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jan. 8, 2014, 6:02 AM| 1 Comment
GBX vs. ETF Alternatives
Greenbrier Companies Inc designs, manufactures & markets railroad freight car equipment in North America & Europe, marine barges in North America and provides wheel services, railcar refurbishment and parts, leasing & other services to the railroad.
Other News & PR