Gain Capital Redux: Increasing Volatility Is An Opportunity
Fri, Jun. 10, 8:54 PM
- GAIN Capital Holdings GCAP reports retail OTC trading volume of $223.4B fell 12.7% M/M, down 38.7% Y/Y.
- Active OTC accounts of 138,955 fell 0.9% M/M, down 5.9% Y/Y.
- Institutional: ECN volume of $151.5B fell 7.2% from last month, down 2.0% Y/Y.
- Swap dealer volume of $63.2B down 9.3% M/M, gained 22.0% Y/Y.
- Futures contracts of 729,614 down 4.8% M/M, up 7.7% Y/Y.
- Active future contracts of 8,879 down 0.6% M/M, up 2.4% Y/Y.
- Press Release
Fri, May 6, 1:00 AM
Thu, May 5, 7:06 AM
Wed, May 4, 5:30 PM
- AAC, AAON, AAWW, ABC, ACIW, ACRE, ACTA, AGIO, AMCX, AMRC, AMRN, ANIP, ANSS, APA, APO, AVP, AXLL, BABA, BCRX, BDX, BR, CBB, CCC, CCOI, CDK, CHD, CHK, CLDT, CNAT, CNNX, CNSL, COT, CVC, CWEI, DDD, DIN, DISCA, DNR, EAC, ENOC, EPAM, ESNT, EVA, FIG, FLDM, G, GCAP, GWPH, HII, HL, HWCC, ICON, IT, ITG, ITT, JEC, JMBA, K, LAMR, LFUS, LINC, LIOX, LMOS, LQDT, LXP, MBLY, MDC, MFC, MGA, MGLN, MGM, MITL, MLM, MMS, MRK, MWW, NICE, NILE, NRG, NTCT, NYLD, OGE, ONE, OXY, PGNX, PGTI, PRFT, PRIM, PWR, RDEN, RDUS, REGN, RFP, RGEN, RLGY, RSTI, RWLK, SBH, SEAS, SFM, SHLX, SNH, SNI, SNR, SNSS, SPH, SQBG, STOR, TDC, TDY, TE, THS, TIME, TLP, TWI, UNT, USAC, USAK, USCR, VER, VG, VLP, WIN, WPC, WRLD
Wed, Mar. 16, 10:25 AM
Tue, Mar. 15, 8:03 AM
Mon, Mar. 14, 5:30 PM
Nov. 3, 2015, 7:17 AM
- GAIN Capital Holdings (NYSE:GCAP): Q3 EPS of $0.31 beats by $0.10.
- Revenue of $127.9M (+23.6% Y/Y) beats by $0.74M.
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ADM, AFSI, ALE, AMAG, AMSC, ANAC, ANIP, ARIA, AUDC, AXLL, AYR, BLMN, CBM, CDK, CEQP, CIE, CIT, DISCA, DNOW, EMR, EXPD, FI, FIS, FLWS, FSS, FTR, GCAP, GEL, GLDD, GLT, GTN, H, HCP, HRS, HTH, HW, HYH, IART, INCY, K, KMT, LPX, MBLY, MDCO, MHFI, MLM, MMP, MOS, NCLH, NGLS, NI, NMM, NNN, NRZ, NS, [[NTi]], NWN, NXST, NXTM, ODP, OZM, PERI, RDC, RHP, RRGB, SALE, SGNT, SMG, SRE, SSH, SUP, TASR, TGH, TRP, TWI, TZOO, UAM, UNT, VMC, VSH, WLK, WNR, WPC, WPG, ZTS
Oct. 12, 2015, 8:19 AM
- OTC average daily volume of $14.7B slipped 13% from last month, but rose 35.1% from a year ago.
- OTC trading volume of $322.8B fell 8.9% M/M, gained 35.1% Y/Y.
- Active OTC accounts of 149,846 fell 0.5% M/M, gained 59.8% Y/Y.
- Futures average daily contracts of 38.072 up 8.3% M/M, up 22.9% Y/Y.
- GTX average daily volume of $15.8B fell 8.5% from last month, and 14% from a year ago.
Aug. 6, 2015, 7:35 AM
- GAIN Capital Holdings (NYSE:GCAP): Q2 EPS of $0.01 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $111.6M (+60.1% Y/Y) beats by $3.75M.
Aug. 5, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AAON, ACTA, AGIO, AGN, AGO, AINV, AMCX, APA, AXAS, AYR, BBEP, BBW, BCE, BDBD, BDX, BECN, CC, CCC, CCOI, CECE, CNK, CNQ, CNSL, CRIS, CRZO, CTB, DDD, DUK, DX, EAT, EBS, EMES, ENOC, ENR, EXK, EXTR, FSV, FSYS, GCAP, GLOG, GLP, GNRC, GOGO, GTXI, GWPH, HCLP, HGG, HII, HILL, HL, HSNI, INFI, INSY, IRC, KOP, KORS, LAMR, LEAF, LPI, LQDT, MBLY, MEG, MFC, MITL, MMP, MMS, MPEL, MYL, NGS, NRF, NRP, NRZ, NVO, NXST, NXTM, NYT, OA, OGE, ONE, OTIV, OWW, PBH, PGNX, PLUG, PRIM, RDEN, RGEN, RICE, RSTI, RVLT, RWLK, SATS, SBH, SEAS, SFY, SGM, SNH, SPH, SRPT, SSTK, STN, SUNE, TA, TAP, TDC, TECH, TESO, THS, TK, TLP, TNK, VER, VIAB, WIN, WPP, YORW, ZEUS
May 5, 2015, 7:23 AM
- Q1 adjusted EPS of $0.23 up 77% from one year ago. Adjusted EBITDA of $19.7M up 63%.
- Retail OTC revenue of $66.1M up 29%. Trading volume of $798.6B up 40%. Average daily trading volume of $12.6B up 38%.
- Institutional Businesses revenue of $9.9M vs. $8.8M a year ago. Average daily volume of $19.6B up 2%. Revenue from Sales Trader business dropped to $5.5M from $14.5M as the business is repositioned to focus on customers with a higher return of capital.
- Exchange-traded futures revenue of $10.4M up 60% from a year ago.
- Conference call at 8 ET
- Previously: GAIN Capital Holdings misses by $0.21, misses on revenue (May 5)
- GCAP flat premarket
May 5, 2015, 7:04 AM
- GAIN Capital Holdings (NYSE:GCAP): Q1 EPS of $0.23 misses by $0.21.
- Revenue of $92.9M (+14.1% Y/Y) misses by $30.24M.
May 4, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABMD, ACTA, AFSI, ALLT, AMAG, ANIP, BBEP, BBW, BLMN, BPI, CIE, CLDT, CRTO, CVLT, CYNO, DIS, DISCA, DTV, EIGI, EL, EMR, ENR, EXH, EXLP, GCAP, GLDD, GLT, GTN, GVA, H, HCA, HCP, HEP, HRC, HRS, HW, ICE, ISIS, K, KEM, KLIC, KMT, LPX, MDC, MDCO, MMP, MNK, MSO, NBL, NGLS, NNN, [[NTi]], NWN, ODP, OZM, PRIM, SABR, SALE, SBH, SCOR, SGNT, SMG, SNSS, SPAR, SRE, SSE, STWD, TDG, TECH, TGH, TRW, TW, UAM, USAK, VLP, VMC, VSH, WEC, WNR, YORW, ZTS
Apr. 6, 2015, 12:10 PM
- Excepting Schwab (NYSE:SCHW) which pre-announced a Q1 miss, electronic broker stocks had a good first quarter, including Interactive Brokers (NASDAQ:IBKR) up 16.7%, E*Trade (NASDAQ:ETFC) up 17.7%, Gain Capital (NYSE:GCAP) up 8.3%, and TD Ameritrade (NYSE:AMTD) up 4.1%.
- Fundamentals, however, aren't looking so strong into Q2, says Sandler O'Neill, expecting DARTs to decline about 10% in March, and noting the flatter yield curve.
- The team is still bullish, though, thanks to the longer-term optionality from rising interest rates, capital returns/deployment, and acquisitions. For E*Trade, it's capital deployment, for Schwab the ability to sweep both money-market fund and off-balance-sheet deposits into its bank, and for Ameritrade the chance to boost the buyback. For the whole group, keep M&A in mind.
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. provides online trading services, specializing in global over-the-counter markets, including spot foreign exchange and precious metals, as well as contracts-for-difference, which are investment products with returns linked to the performance of an underlying... More
Industry: Diversified Investments
Country: United States
Other News & PR