Green Dot: Almost There
Darspal S Mann
Darspal S Mann
Thu, Mar. 3, 11:41 AM
- Harvest Capital Strategies issues a harsh letter to Green Dot (GDOT +1.2%) calling again for "meaningful change" and board changes at the company.
- The long-term investor delivers a brutal assessment of Green Dot's performance in comparison to peers and calls the recent proposals inadequate.
- Harvest holds a 7.5% stake in Green Dot.
- Green Dot actually trades at a 52-week high, but shares are down over 60% from their multi-year high.
Thu, Feb. 11, 1:29 PM
Jun. 23, 2015, 9:16 AM
Jun. 23, 2015, 8:25 AM
- Execs with Green Dot (NYSE:GDOT) acknowledged during a conference call last night that a new deal with Wal-Mart gives the retail heavyweight a larger percentage of revenue from MoneyCard products than under the terms of a prior deal.
- Analysts think the Wal-Mart cut is close to a 6% share of revenue.
- The announcement of the deal last night by Green Dot removed a huge unknown hanging over the payments company.
- The new contract runs until May 1, 2020.
- Compass Point see even more upside for Green Dot beyond today's rally, pushing its price target to $22.
- Previously: Green Dot +25% after announcing renewal of Wal-Mart card deal (Jun. 22 2015)
- GDOT +29.7% premarket to $19.86.
Jun. 22, 2015, 4:23 PM
- Green Dot (NYSE:GDOT) approves a $150M share repurchase plan.
- The bigger news from the company is that it signed a five-year contract with Wal-Mart to remain the program manager for the retail giant's MoneyCard debit card products.
- There had been some speculation Green Dot would lose the account.
- GDOT +25.3% after hours
May 7, 2015, 4:17 PM
- Green Dot (NYSE:GDOT): Q1 EPS of $0.86 beats by $0.24.
- Revenue of $227.17M (+42.6% Y/Y) beats by $1.61M.
- Shares +1.67%.
Mar. 5, 2015, 8:16 AM
- Green Dot (NYSE:GDOT) races higher in early trading after a favorable note from Credit Suisse stirs the pot.
- The investment firm takes shares to an Outperform rating from Neutral.
- Valuation on Green Dot looks attractive compared to peers and the company's cash position, notes CS.
- A promising $25 price target is assigned which is roughly where shares traded last October.
- GDOT +7.19% to $16.99.
Jan. 30, 2015, 12:45 PM
Sep. 24, 2014, 12:46 PM
Sep. 24, 2014, 9:20 AM
Sep. 24, 2014, 9:03 AM
- Green Dot (NYSE:GDOT) announces the national introduction of its GoBank checking account product at Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) stores.
- The checking account will feature no fees for overdrafts and no minimum account balance requirements. A monthly direct deposit of at least $500 a month is needed to avoid a $8.95 per month service charge.
- The requirements to open a GoBank account are expected to be less stringent than typical banking requirements which could open the door for the estimated 10M households in the U.S. without a banking account.
- Funds will be held through the FDIC-insured Green Dot Bank.
- GDOT +15.1% premarket
Aug. 1, 2014, 12:46 PM
Jul. 31, 2014, 4:22 PM
- Green Dot (NYSE:GDOT): Q2 EPS of $0.41 beats by $0.16.
- Revenue of $149M (+4.5% Y/Y) misses by $5.16M.
- Shares +9.5%.
Apr. 30, 2014, 5:40 PM
Apr. 30, 2014, 4:26 PM
- Green Dot (GDOT): Q1 EPS of $0.42 beats by $0.12.
- Revenue of $161.7M (+3.8% Y/Y) misses by $0.59M.
- Shares +12.3%.
Apr. 17, 2014, 10:06 AM
- Wal-Mart (WMT +0.2%) announces the launch of Walmart-2-Walmart Money Transfer Service at more than 4K of its stores in the U.S. The company is partnering with Euronet (EEFT +4.2%) on the initiative.
- The money transfer service is significantly cheaper than alternatives, according to Wal-Mart.
- Sector watch: Shares of Western Union (WU -5.8%), Xoom (XOOM -2.7%), Green Dot (GDOT -1.8%), and Moneygram (MGI -15.4%) are getting smacked around a little bit off the development.
Green Dot Corp. is a technology-centric, pro-consumer Bank Holding Company with a mission to reinvent personal banking for the masses. The company is one of the largest providers of prepaid debit card products and prepaid card reloading services in the United States. It also provides mobile... More
Industry: Business Services
Country: United States