Global Geophysical Services: A Compelling Small-Cap Turnaround Story
Brian Grosso • 20 Comments
Brian Grosso • 20 Comments
Mar. 26, 2014, 7:53 AM
- Global Geophysical Services (GGS) -57.5% premarket after announcing it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy due to heavy debt and will seek court approval for $60M in debtor-in-possession financing.
- GGS says it nevertheless has a strong order backlog and is seeing increasing demand for its services, and its financing will provide liquidity to execute existing projects as well as enable it pursue additional programs.
- GGS's foreign subsidiaries are not included in the bankruptcy filing.
Mar. 18, 2014, 11:48 AM
- Global Geophysical Services (GGS -58.1%) shares are cut in half after the provider of seismic data solutions for the oil and gas industry said some of its past financial reports are unreliable.
- GGS says its financial statements and auditors' reports for the 2012, 2011, 2010 and 2009 fiscal years and Q1, Q2 and Q3 2013 should no longer be relied upon because of accounting errors resulting from material weaknesses in the company's internal controls.
- However, GGS expects to report Q4 revenue of ~$81M, which would beat the analyst consensus estimate of $75.6M, and sees a pre-tax loss from operations of $69.4M.
Mar. 18, 2014, 9:13 AM
Jan. 3, 2014, 2:49 PM
- Global Geophysics (GGS +0.6%) has lost most of its big early gains resulting from its $9.5M order for an AutoSeis HDR nodal system, comprised of 20K single-channel units and other related equipment, from Seismic Equipment Solutions.
- Barrington Research maintains a Speculative Outperform rating on GGS with a $4.75 price target, believing that given the forecasted true cash flow and the capital structure, the stock is significantly undervalued; it says the deal with Autoseis should benefit Q4 results and prove beneficial to GGS going forward.
Jan. 3, 2014, 7:41 AM
- Global Geophysical (GGS) +14.9% premarket on news that Seismic Equipment Solutions agrees to acquire and market GGS's AutoSeis high definition recorder systems to the seismic equipment rental and leasing market.
- SES also places an order for an AutoSeis HDR nodal system comprised of 20K single-channel units and other related equipment; SES took delivery of this $9.5M equipment order on Dec. 30.
Nov. 19, 2013, 12:45 PM
Nov. 6, 2013, 6:01 AM
- Global Geophysical (GGS): FQ3 EPS of -$0.32 misses by $0.22.
- Revenue of $70.00M misses by $7.67M. (PR)
Nov. 6, 2013, 12:05 AM
Nov. 5, 2013, 5:30 PM
Sep. 30, 2013, 11:13 AM
- Global Geophysical Services (GGS +4.5%) secures $105M in term loan facilities from TPG Specialty Lending And Tennenbaum Capital at a rate of LIBOR +9.75% and a 2016 maturity.
- The $82.8M Term A loan will be used to repay Global's current revolver, while the $22.2M Term B loan is intended for "strategic transactions."
Sep. 18, 2013, 12:49 PM
Sep. 12, 2013, 12:45 PM
Sep. 11, 2013, 5:41 PM
Aug. 27, 2013, 12:45 PM
Aug. 6, 2013, 5:56 AM
- Global Geophysical (GGS): Q2 EPS of -$0.03 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $63.35M beats by $0.35M.
Aug. 6, 2013, 12:05 AM
- ACM, ADM, AFSI, AKRX, ALLT, ARCC, ARCO, AYR, BPI, CCC, CHTR, CMLP, CNK, CTSH, CVS, D, DBD, DISH, DNR, DWRE, EMR, END, ENDP, EXPD, FBN, FE, FOSL, GGS, HAR, HCN, HPT, HSIC, ICE, IFF, ISIS, KORS, KWK, LIOX, LPX, MGM, NRGY, OAK, OMX, OXF, PH, POZN, PQ, RDC, REGN, RIGL, SATS, SE, SEP, SMG, SPR, SRE, STWD, TA, TAP, TDG, TDW, TECD, TGH, THC, TICC, TRGT, VSI, WMC, ZTS
Sector: Basic Materials
Industry: Oil & Gas Drilling & Exploration
Country: United States
Other News & PR