What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Wed, Feb. 3, 4:03 PM
Tue, Feb. 2, 5:35 PM
- AAV, ALL, AVB, AWH, BDN, BRKS, BWLD, BXP, CACI, CBL, CCK, CDNS, CEB, CINF, CPST, DHT, ENH, EPM, EXAR, FBHS, GEOS, GLUU, GPRO, HIVE, HUBG, ICUI, IMPV, LCI, LNC, MAA, MAC, MCHP, MDU, MET, MNR, MTGE, MTRX, MUSA, MWA, NE, NXPI, OSUR, PACB, PCL, PMT, PNNT, RE, RGLD, RRTS, SFLY, SPSC, TIS, TMK, TTWO, TWO, UHAL, WFT, WSTL, XL, YUM
Mon, Jan. 11, 12:14 PM
- Geospace Technologies (GEOS -10.8%) announces plans to further cut operating costs in light of declining product demand brought about by weak crude oil and natural gas prices.
- GEOS says the program is expected to produce ~$7M of annualized cash savings in addition to measures already implemented in the previous quarter, including a cut of 150-plus employees from its Houston-area workforce, and expects to incur expects to $900K in relevant charges in its FQ2.
Nov. 19, 2015, 12:44 PM
Nov. 18, 2015, 6:03 PM
- Geospace Technologies (NASDAQ:GEOS): FQ4 EPS of -$1.03 misses by $0.46.
- Revenue of $16M (-39.1% Y/Y) misses by $4.53M.
Nov. 17, 2015, 5:35 PM
Oct. 6, 2015, 2:09 PM
- Oil prices are continuing a recent rally after the EIA forecast global oil demand will see the most growth in 6 years in 2016, and that non-OPEC supply growth will stall. The agency also estimated U.S. crude production fell by 120K barrels/day in September. WTI crude is up 3.8% to $48.01/barrel.
- Seismic equipment and data-processing services provider Ion Geophysical (NYSE:IO), whose shares have plunged into penny stock territory, is posting big gains. Peer Geospace Technologies (NASDAQ:GEOS) is also doing well.
Sep. 4, 2015, 12:45 PM
Aug. 6, 2015, 4:17 PM
- Geospace Technologies (NASDAQ:GEOS): FQ3 EPS of -$0.66 misses by $0.26.
- Revenue of $19.75M (-51.5% Y/Y) misses by $2.45M.
Aug. 5, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABTL, ACAD, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, ALNY, AMBR, AMRN, AMRS, ANAC, ANAD, ANET, ASEI, ASYS, ATHX, BBG, BEAT, BIO, BITA, BOJA, BRKS, BRS, CECO, CENX, CERS, CLVS, CPST, CSOD, CUB, CUBE, CVT, CYTX, DIOD, DMD, DRYS, EAC, ED, EFC, EGN, EGOV, EGY, ELON, EOG, ERII, ESPR, EVC, FLDM, FLTX, FPRX, FXCM, FXEN, GALE, GEOS, GNMK, GSBD, GXP, HNSN, HTGC, HUBS, IMI, IMPV, INWK, IRG, JMBA, KTOS, LGF, MAIN, MDVN, MHK, MNST, NDLS, NEWR, NFG, NPTN, NUAN, NUS, NVDA, OLED, ONTY, ORIG, OSTK, OUT, PACD, PETX, PLNR, PODD, POST, PRO, RBA, RBCN, RIGP, RJET, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, SAAS, SEM, SEMG, SFM, SHO, SKUL, SPPI, SRC, SREV, SSRI, STMP, SWIR, TCRD, TCX, TEAR, TNGO, TPC, TRMR, TRUE, TRXC, TSRO, TWOU, UBNT, VRNS, VSAT, WAIR, WIFI, WING, XOMA, XOXO, ZNGA
Jun. 24, 2015, 10:33 AM
- Geospace (NASDAQ:GEOS) is a standout on a quiet morning of trading. 88K shares have thus far changed hands; the 3-month daily average is 191K.
- The oil/gas seismic hardware provider has made new 4-month highs, and is now up 74% from a March low of $14.95. Shares remain down 77% from a Feb. 2013 peak of $113.73.
May 19, 2015, 3:00 PM
- WTI crude oil is down $2.13 to $58.11/barrel on worries about high Saudi production and weak global demand. Seismic exploration hardware/service providers Ion Geophysical (IO -4%), Geospace (GEOS -1.6%) and CGG (CGG -5.8%) have followed crude lower.
- Geospace and CGG have rallied over the last 6 weeks as oil prices rebounded. Ion, which hasn't been so lucky, rose last Friday in response to an insider buy.
May 7, 2015, 5:10 PM
- Geospace Technologies (NASDAQ:GEOS): FQ2 EPS of -$0.40 misses by $0.07.
- Revenue of $27.94M (-59.2% Y/Y) beats by $4.17M.
May 6, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABTL, ACAD, ACET, ADVS, AGO, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, ALJ, ALNY, ALSK, AMBR, AMH, ASYS, AVNW, BCEI, BEBE, BIOS, BKD, CA, CBS, CDXS, CERN, CNAT, CORT, CROX, CUTR, CYBR, DATA, DIOD, DXPE, EBS, ECPG, ECYT, ED, EGY, ENOC, ENV, ERII, ESPR, EVC, EZPW, FLDM, FRT, FTD, FUEL, GALE, GDOT, GEOS, GST, GXP, HTGC, IMPV, INWK, JAZZ, JCOM, JMBA, KEYW, KTOS, LBTYA, MAIN, MCHP, MDRX, MDVN, MED, MHK, MNST, MOH, MTD, MTRX, NGVC, NHI, NOG, NUAN, NVAX, NVDA, OLED, OMED, OUTR, PCTY, PETX, PLNR, POST, PRO, PSIX, RBA, RBCN, RIGL, RJET, RMAX, RMTI, RPTP, RRMS, SAAS, SEMG, SFM, SGMS, SLW, SPPI, SRC, SREV, SSNI, STMP, SWIR, TCX, TEAR, TGI, THOR, TLLP, TNGO, TPC, TRMR, TRUE, TWOU, UBNT, UEPS, WAIR, WIFI, XOMA, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Apr. 15, 2015, 2:48 PM| Apr. 15, 2015, 2:48 PM
Apr. 14, 2015, 3:08 PM
- Very few tech companies are posting major losses, and a larger number are posting big gains. The Nasdaq is down 0.3%.
- Notable gainers include several Chinese names: Online auto plays Bitauto (BITA +7.4%) and Autohome (ATHM +3.9%), online video platform Youku (YOKU +8.2%), and mobile game publisher Sky-mobi (MOBI +10.1%).
- Others include home automation hardware/software provider Control4 (CTRL +3.9%), oil/gas seismic hardware provider Geospace (GEOS +5.1%), and Indian site owner Rediff (REDF +12.6%).
- Youku, which has been on a roller-coaster ride, is near its highest levels seen the company posted mixed Q4 results and disclosed an SEC inquiry on March 19. Beaten-down Geospace could be benefiting from a fresh rally in oil prices; WTI crude is at $53.27/barrel.
- Previously covered: Lending Club, Alcatel-Lucent, 58.com, InvenSense, TowerJazz, Tangoe, optical networking firms
- Notable decliners: Skyworks/Qorvo, Nokia, Sanmina, Web.com
Geospace Technologies Corp is engaged in designing and manufacturing of instruments and equipment used in the oil and gas industry for acquiring seismic data to locate, characterize and monitor hydrocarbon producing reservoirs.
Other News & PR