No Bright Light Ahead For Geospace Longs
Thu, Aug. 4, 4:36 PM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABTL, ACAD, ACHN, ACXM, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALNY, AMBR, AMH, AMRS, ANET, ASYS, ATRC, ATVI, BBG, BLDR, BMRN, BRS, CARA, CBPO, CERS, CINR, CPSI, CPST, CSOD, CTRL, CYTX, DCO, DCT, DMD, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ECYT, ED, EFC, EGOV, EOG, ESL, EVDY, EVH, FCE.A, FEYE, FFG, FLDM, FLR, FLT, FPRX, FRPT, FRT, FTD, GCAP, GDOT, GEOS, GSAT, GSBD, GST, GTY, GXP, HDP, HE, HTGC, ICON, IILG, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, INGN, IRWD, IVR, JMBA, JUNO, KHC, KMPR, KND, KTOS, KW, LADR, LBTYA, LGF, LNKD, LOCO, LOPE, MACK, MDRX, MELI, MHK, MHLD, MITT, MMI, MNST, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTX, MTZ, NAVG, NDLS, NFG, NNI, NOG, NUS, OEC, OLED, OREX, OUT, OVAS, PACB, PCLN, PDLI, PETX, PFMT, PGRE, PKI, POST, PRSS, PSIX, PTCT, RATE, REGI, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RTRX, RVNC, SEM, SEMG, SHOR, SMCI, SPXC, SSNI, SWIR, SYMC, SYRG, TASR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TSRO, TTWO, TWOU, TXMD, UBNT, UEIC, VVUS, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, WTI, WTS, WTW, ZG, ZNGA
Thu, May 5, 4:57 PM
Wed, May 4, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, AMBR, AMH, ANET, APLE, ASYS, ATHX, ATVI, ATW, BBG, BCEI, BIO, BIOS, BLDR, BOJA, CAA, CARA, CERN, CINR, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CPA, CTRL, CYBR, CZR, DATA, DCT, DEPO, DIOD, DK, DKL, DV, DWA, EBS, ECOM, ED, EFC, EGAN, EGL, EGN, EGY, ELON, ENDP, ENV, EOG, ERII, ESL, EVC, EVDY, EVHC, FCE.A, FEYE, FISV, FLR, FPRX, FTD, GBDC, GEOS, GERN, GPRO, GSAT, GST, GUID, GXP, HLF, HTGC, ICPT, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, JCOM, LADR, LOCO, MAIN, MCHX, MDR, MDRX, MDVN, MELI, MHK, MITT, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTD, MTZ, NBIX, NGVC, NSTG, NWSA, OLED, OMED, OUT, OVAS, PACD, PCTY, PEGA, PETX, PKI, PMT, POST, PRSS, PTCT, PTLA, QLGC, RPTP, RRMS, RWT, SAAS, SEM, SEMG, SNCR, SPPI, SPWR, SPXC, SQ, SSNC, SWIR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TRQ, TRUP, TSRO, TWOU, UBNT, UEPS, UNXL, WAGE, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, XNPT, Y, YELP
Wed, Feb. 3, 4:03 PM
- Geospace Technologies (NASDAQ:GEOS): FQ1 EPS of -$0.85 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $13.13M (-38.0% Y/Y) misses by $3.97M.
Tue, Feb. 2, 5:35 PM
- AAV, ALL, AVB, AWH, BDN, BRKS, BWLD, BXP, CACI, CBL, CCK, CDNS, CEB, CINF, CPST, DHT, ENH, EPM, EXAR, FBHS, GEOS, GLUU, GPRO, HIVE, HUBG, ICUI, IMPV, LCI, LNC, MAA, MAC, MCHP, MDU, MET, MNR, MTGE, MTRX, MUSA, MWA, NE, NXPI, OSUR, PACB, PCL, PMT, PNNT, RE, RGLD, RRTS, SFLY, SPSC, TIS, TMK, TTWO, TWO, UHAL, WFT, WSTL, XL, YUM
Mon, Jan. 11, 12:14 PM
- Geospace Technologies (GEOS -10.8%) announces plans to further cut operating costs in light of declining product demand brought about by weak crude oil and natural gas prices.
- GEOS says the program is expected to produce ~$7M of annualized cash savings in addition to measures already implemented in the previous quarter, including a cut of 150-plus employees from its Houston-area workforce, and expects to incur expects to $900K in relevant charges in its FQ2.
Nov. 19, 2015, 12:44 PM
Nov. 18, 2015, 6:03 PM
- Geospace Technologies (NASDAQ:GEOS): FQ4 EPS of -$1.03 misses by $0.46.
- Revenue of $16M (-39.1% Y/Y) misses by $4.53M.
Nov. 17, 2015, 5:35 PM
Oct. 6, 2015, 2:09 PM
- Oil prices are continuing a recent rally after the EIA forecast global oil demand will see the most growth in 6 years in 2016, and that non-OPEC supply growth will stall. The agency also estimated U.S. crude production fell by 120K barrels/day in September. WTI crude is up 3.8% to $48.01/barrel.
- Seismic equipment and data-processing services provider Ion Geophysical (NYSE:IO), whose shares have plunged into penny stock territory, is posting big gains. Peer Geospace Technologies (NASDAQ:GEOS) is also doing well.
Sep. 4, 2015, 12:45 PM
Aug. 6, 2015, 4:17 PM
- Geospace Technologies (NASDAQ:GEOS): FQ3 EPS of -$0.66 misses by $0.26.
- Revenue of $19.75M (-51.5% Y/Y) misses by $2.45M.
Aug. 5, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ABTL, ACAD, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, ALNY, AMBR, AMRN, AMRS, ANAC, ANAD, ANET, ASEI, ASYS, ATHX, BBG, BEAT, BIO, BITA, BOJA, BRKS, BRS, CECO, CENX, CERS, CLVS, CPST, CSOD, CUB, CUBE, CVT, CYTX, DIOD, DMD, DRYS, EAC, ED, EFC, EGN, EGOV, EGY, ELON, EOG, ERII, ESPR, EVC, FLDM, FLTX, FPRX, FXCM, FXEN, GALE, GEOS, GNMK, GSBD, GXP, HNSN, HTGC, HUBS, IMI, IMPV, INWK, IRG, JMBA, KTOS, LGF, MAIN, MDVN, MHK, MNST, NDLS, NEWR, NFG, NPTN, NUAN, NUS, NVDA, OLED, ONTY, ORIG, OSTK, OUT, PACD, PETX, PLNR, PODD, POST, PRO, RBA, RBCN, RIGP, RJET, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, SAAS, SEM, SEMG, SFM, SHO, SKUL, SPPI, SRC, SREV, SSRI, STMP, SWIR, TCRD, TCX, TEAR, TNGO, TPC, TRMR, TRUE, TRXC, TSRO, TWOU, UBNT, VRNS, VSAT, WAIR, WIFI, WING, XOMA, XOXO, ZNGA
Jun. 24, 2015, 10:33 AM
- Geospace (NASDAQ:GEOS) is a standout on a quiet morning of trading. 88K shares have thus far changed hands; the 3-month daily average is 191K.
- The oil/gas seismic hardware provider has made new 4-month highs, and is now up 74% from a March low of $14.95. Shares remain down 77% from a Feb. 2013 peak of $113.73.
May 19, 2015, 3:00 PM
- WTI crude oil is down $2.13 to $58.11/barrel on worries about high Saudi production and weak global demand. Seismic exploration hardware/service providers Ion Geophysical (IO -4%), Geospace (GEOS -1.6%) and CGG (CGG -5.8%) have followed crude lower.
- Geospace and CGG have rallied over the last 6 weeks as oil prices rebounded. Ion, which hasn't been so lucky, rose last Friday in response to an insider buy.