Kanak Kanti De • 252 Comments
Sep. 4, 2015, 12:39 PM
- Thinly traded nano cap KaloBios Pharmaceuticals (KBIO +43.9%) jumps again in early trading on robust volume. Shares have more than doubled over the past two trading sessions.
- A possible driver of the bullish action may be Geron's (GERN -3.5%) interest in acquiring an early-stage oncology asset via licensing or outright purchase of a company. In the company's Q4 earnings call in March, CEO Chip Scarlett said the due diligence process to assess potential candidates was underway.
- Kalabios' two lead product candidates are KB004, a monoclonal antibody currently in Stage 2 development for myelofibrosis or myelodysplastic syndrome and KB003, a monoclonal antibody in Phase 1 development for chronic myelomonocytic leukemia.
Mar. 10, 2015, 3:51 PM
- Traders spread their love beyond the rumored acquisition target-stoked up move of Acadia Pharmaceuticals (ACAD +17.7%) to Geron (GERN +12.3%). Shares are up on a whopping 24M shares. Speculators are betting that Geron will be taken out, possibly by Johnson & Johnson (JNJ -0.8%), after the latter was outbid by AbbVie (ABBV +0.9%) for Pharmacyclics (PCYC).
- Previously: Geron gets boost from AbbVie-Pharmacyclics deal (March 5)
- Previously: Acadia Pharma now +17.7% as it cancels out of another conference (March 10)
May 23, 2013, 1:48 PM
BioTime (BTX -0.2%) says its shareholders have overwhelmingly approved the planned acquisition of stem cell-related assets from Geron (GERN). The green light was given at a special meeting of shareholders, with at least 32.5M votes coming in favor from the 34.5M shares represented and voted.| May 23, 2013, 1:48 PM
Jan. 7, 2013, 1:15 PM
Shares of Geron (GERN +2.5%) snd BioTime (BTX +7.6%) both rise today after BTX agrees to buy the intellectual property, including patents and patent applications, and other assets related to GERN's human embryonic stem cell programs. The financial terms of the deal were in a letter of intent announced back in mid-November.| Jan. 7, 2013, 1:15 PM
Nov. 16, 2012, 8:24 AM
Geron (GERN) +7.4% premarket after agreeing to sell its shuttered embryonic stem cell assets to BioTime (BTX), according to a non-binding letter of intent. The deal comes a year after GERN shut down the world's first trial of embryonic stem cells in humans. BTX says it arranged for a $10M investment from an undisclosed private investor to finance the proposed deal.| Nov. 16, 2012, 8:24 AM
Oct. 18, 2012, 9:18 AM
Geron (GERN) +5.8% premarket after BioTime (BTX) issues an open letter to GERN shareholders proposing a transaction between the two biopharma companies. Part of the proposal would allow GERN shareholders could own up to 45% of a new publicly traded company that would own GERN stem cell assets.| Oct. 18, 2012, 9:18 AM | 1 Comment