Guess?: Q1 Hurts Short-Term, Long-Term Bull Cases
Guess?: Intrigued, But Where's The Upside?
Guess? Still Looks Expensive
Guess? 'Beat' Offers Another Short Opportunity
Wed, May 25, 4:19 PM
Tue, May 24, 5:35 PM
Wed, Mar. 16, 4:18 PM
Tue, Mar. 15, 5:35 PM
Nov. 24, 2015, 6:19 PM
- Guess (NYSE:GES) reports retail comparable-store sales fell 6% in Q3.
- Revenue in Europe, Asia, and for the U.S. wholesale business were all down at a double-digit rate in U.S. dollars.
- The consolidated operating margin rate was down 20 bps to 4.0%. The Americas retail segment was a drag with a -0.9% rate, while the licensing segment improved 140 bps to 89.5%.
- The company sees Q4 EPS of $0.53-$0.62 vs. $0.59 consensus EPS for the full year is pegged at $0.93-$1.02 vs. $0.96 consensus.
- GES +3.63% AH to $20.25 after gaining 2.1% in the normal trading session.
- Previously: Guess beats by $0.04, revenue in-line (Nov. 24)
Nov. 24, 2015, 4:21 PM
- Guess (NYSE:GES): Q3 EPS of $0.15 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $521M (-11.7% Y/Y) in-line.
- Shares +3.5%.
Nov. 23, 2015, 5:35 PM
Aug. 26, 2015, 4:31 PM
- Guess (NYSE:GES): Q2 EPS of $0.21 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $546.3M (-10.2% Y/Y) beats by $8.69M.
Aug. 25, 2015, 5:35 PM
Jun. 2, 2015, 4:30 PM
- Guess (NYSE:GES) reports North American retail store comps fell 3.8% in Q1.
- Segment revenue: Europe -14% to $137.4M, North America Retail -6% to $214.25M Asia -9% to $64.04M, North American Wholesale -13% to $37.28M, Licensing +1% to $25.87M.
- Operating margin by segment: Europe -2.7%, North America Retail -3.4%, Asia +7.2%, North American Wholesale 18.1%, Licensing 89.0%.
- Store count -30 Y/Y to 1,667.
- Guidance: Fossil expects full-year EPS of $0.80-$1.02 vs $0.75-$0.95 prior and $0.87 consensus.
- Previously: Guess beats by $0.09, misses on revenue
- GES -0.3% after hours.
Jun. 2, 2015, 4:14 PM
- Guess (NYSE:GES): FQ1 EPS of $0.04 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $478.8M (-8.4% Y/Y) misses by $5M.
- Shares +0.5%.
Jun. 1, 2015, 5:35 PM
Mar. 18, 2015, 5:48 PM
- With forex expected to provide a 9% headwind, Guess (NYSE:GES) expects FQ1 revenue to be down 7%-8% Y/Y; consensus is for a 6% drop. FY16 (ends Jan. '16) revenue is expected to fall 7%-9% Y/Y (worse than a -2.5% consensus), with forex providing an 8% headwind.
- The apparel retailer expects FQ1 EPS of -$0.03 to -$0.06 (-$0.03 consensus) and FY16 EPS of $0.75-$0.95 ($1.04 consensus).
- North American retail revenue fell 3.7% Y/Y in FQ4 to $317M, with comps falling 5%. European revenue fell 16.1% (5.3% in constant currency) to $240.9M, and Asian revenue 9.1% (7% in constant currency) to $75.4M. North American wholesale revenue fell 10.2% to $36.6M, and licensing revenue 5.8% to $26.8M. E-commerce revenue grew 37%.
- Gross margin fell 190 bps Y/Y to 37.4%. SG&A spend fell by $9.5M to $187.8M (boosted EPS), but totaled 26.9% of revenue vs. 25.7% a year ago.
- Shares have jumped to $18.80 AH. They made a new 52-week low of $16.61 in regular trading earlier today.
- FQ4 results, PR
Mar. 18, 2015, 4:18 PM
- Guess (NYSE:GES): Q4 EPS of $0.63 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $696.72M (-9.3% Y/Y) misses by $7.87M.
- Shares +10.51%.
Mar. 18, 2015, 4:15 PM
- Guess (NYSE:GES) reports revenue at its North American segment fell 4% in Q4.
- The N.A. comp was -5%.
- Sales in Europe fell 16% with F/X a major factor.
- Revenue is Asia was off 9%.
- E-commerce sales were up 37% Y/Y during the quarter.
- Guidance: Guess expects revenue to grow 1% to 2% for Q1 of FY16 in constant currency, although a massive 9 percentage point negative impact from F/X is seen taking growth negative.
- GES +9.1% after hours.
Guess?, Inc. designs, markets, distributes and licenses a lifestyle collections of contemporary apparel and accessories for men, women and children that reflect the American lifestyle and European fashion sensibilities. Its apparel is marketed under numerous trademarks including GUESS, GUESS?,... More
Industry: Apparel Stores
Country: United States
Other News & PR