Why Genomic Health Is A Solid Long-Term Buy
Genomic Health: Market Leader In Cancer Predictions
Thu, Jul. 7, 8:13 AM
- Genomic Health (NASDAQ:GHDX) and Epic Sciences announce an exclusive agreement to commercialize Epic's novel AR-V7 liquid biopsy test in the U.S. through Genomic Health's commercial channel. The blood-based test detects the V7 variant of the androgen receptor protein (AR-V7) in the nucleus of circulating tumor cells (CTC) – information that can help guide treatment selection in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC).
- AR-V7 expression has been associated with resistance to hormone therapy drugs called androgen receptor signaling (ARS) inhibitors. A recently published study in JAMA Oncology demonstrated that mCRPC patients with AR-V7-positive CTCs had significantly better clinical outcomes when treated with taxane chemotherapy as compared to hormonal treatment with ARS drugs. The data underscore the potential for an AR-V7 predictive test to allow advanced prostate cancer patients to avoid ineffective therapies and to receive chemotherapy at an earlier stage when it may be more beneficial.
- Under the terms of the agreement, Genomic Health will have exclusive distribution rights to market and sell the AR-V7 liquid biopsy test in the U.S. beginning in early 2017. It will be offered through Genomic Health's commercial channel to enable physicians to order the test and view the results through the current physician portal. Genomic Health will also make an equity investment in Epic. Specific financial terms are not disclosed.
Wed, May 4, 4:27 PM
Tue, May 3, 5:35 PM
- AGO, ALDW, ALIM, ALJ, ALL, ANDE, ARCW, AREX, ARRS, ATO, AUY, AWK, AWR, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, CB, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CENT, CF, CLR, CODI, CONE, CPE, CPSI, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CTLT, CUZ, CW, CWST, CXO, CXW, DAC, DOX, DPM, DVA, ECR, EPM, EQC, EQIX, ES, ETE, ETP, EXEL, FEIC, FICO, FIT, FLT, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FRPT, FRSH, FRT, GDDY, GDOT, GHDX, GIL, GPOR, GTY, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIL, HIVE, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAC, INFI, IO, IRG, JONE, KHC, KND, KONA, KTOS, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LNT, LPI, LPSN, LXU, MAA, MASI, MATX, MCHP, MCK, MED, MET, MHLD, MNR, MRO, MTRX, MTW, MUR, NCMI, NLY, NVAX, OHI, OME, ORA, OREX, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PHH, PNNT, PRI, PRU, QRVO, QUIK, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RLYP, RP, RRTS, RST, RYN, SBY, SKUL, SQNM, SRC, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TASR, TCAP, TEAR, THG, TLLP, TPC, TPUB, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, WBMD, WFM, WFT, WGL, WMB, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WTI, WTS, WTW, XEC, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Wed, Feb. 10, 4:47 PM
- Genomic Health (NASDAQ:GHDX) Q4 results ($M): Total Revenues: 74.5 (+7.8%); U.S. Revenues: 63.9 (+8.7%); Operating Expenses: 78.0 (+3.9%).
- Net Loss: (3.2) (+39.0%); Loss Per Share: (0.10) (+50.0%).
- 2016 Guidance: Total Revenues: $320M - 335M; Net Loss: $12M - 18M; Oncotype DX tests delivered: 117.5K - 121K.
Wed, Feb. 10, 4:11 PM
- Genomic Health (NASDAQ:GHDX): Q4 EPS of -$0.10 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $74.5M (+7.8% Y/Y) beats by $0.47M.
Tue, Feb. 9, 5:35 PM
- AEL, AEM, AFFX, ANDE, APDN, BGC, BRKR, CDE, CGNX, CLW, CNO, CSCO, CSOD, CTL, CUZ, CXW, CYS, EFX, ENSG, EXPE, FLO, FMC, FNF, FORR, GHDX, GPRE, HDP, HNI, HUBS, IFF, IO, IRBT, JCOM, KGC, LGND, LOCK, LPSN, MOSY, MYL, NSIT, O, OHI, OII, ORLY, PPC, PRI, PRU, PXD, QUIK, REG, RYN, SB, SCI, SKX, TCO, TSLA, TTGT, TWTR, VNDA, WFM, ZNGA
Fri, Jan. 8, 10:42 AM
- On a preliminary basis, Genomic Health (GHDX -0.5%) expects Q4 and 2015 revenues of $73M - 74M and $285M - 286M, respectively, representing ~4% full-year growth versus 2014, slightly below guidance.
- It delivered more than 106,850 Oncotype DX tests during the year (+12%) and more than 27,520 (+11%) in Q4.
- Final results will be released in early February.
- 2016 Guidance: Revenues: $320M - 335M.
Nov. 20, 2015, 1:22 PM
- Sucampo Pharmaceuticals (SCMP -0.3%) initiated with Hold rating and $19 (10% upside) price target by Jefferies.
- BioMarin Pharmaceutical (BMRN -4.8%) initiated with Buy rating and $158 (61% upside) price target; bluebird bio (BLUE +1.2%) with a Buy rating and $165 (104% upside) price target; Incyte (INCY -3.2%) with a Buy rating and $135 (20% upside) price target; Kite Pharma (KITE -0.2%) with a Buy rating and $111 (32% upside) price target and Seattle Genetics (SGEN +0.1%) with a Sell rating and $33 (25% downside risk) price target by Goldman Sachs.
- Mylan (MYL +0.4%) initiated with Overweight rating and $62 (21% upside) price target by Morgan Stanley.
- Athenahealth (ATHN +0.4%) initiated with Overweight rating and $170 (7% upside) price target and Allscripts Healthcare Solutions (MDRX +0.5%) with an Overweight rating and $17 (14% upside) price target by J.P. Morgan.
- Genomic Health (GHDX -0.7%) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform by Cowen & Co. Price target raised to $35 (21% upside) from $27.
- Shire plc (SHPG -0.9%) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform by Leerink. Price target raised to $239 (12% upside) from $220.
- Cempra (CEMP -0.5%) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight by Morgan Stanley. Price target raised to $38 (30% upside) from $25.
- Athenahealth (ATHN +0.4%) downgraded to Underweight from Equal Weight by Barclays. Price target lowered to $110 (31% downside risk) from $140.
- Osiris Therapeutics (OSIR +1.9%) downgraded to Sell from Hold by Brean Capital. Price target is $8 (25% downside risk).
- Endo International (ENDP -0.3%) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Mizuho. Price target lowered to $55 from $82 (7% downside risk).
- Kite Pharma (KITE -0.2%) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Standpoint Research. Price target maintained at $100 (19% upside).
Nov. 4, 2015, 12:44 PM
Nov. 3, 2015, 4:28 PM
- Genomic Health (NASDAQ:GHDX): Q3 EPS of -$0.36 misses by $0.18.
- Revenue of $73.6M (+6.5% Y/Y) beats by $0.48M.
Nov. 2, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACHC, AFG, AIV, AMSG, ASH, ATVI, AWR, BIO, BKH, CBPO, CBS, CERN, CHEF, CHUY, CIM, CKP, CSU, CSV, CVC, DAC, DENN, DHT, DK, DKL, DVA, DVN, ECYT, ENPH, ENSG, EPIQ, ETSY, EVRI, FANG, FARO, FIVN, FLTX, FMI, FOGO, GHDX, GMED, GRPN, HCI, HL, HLF, HRZN, IAG, IPHS, IRWD, ITRI, IVR, JCOM, KEG, LLNW, MPO, MTZ, MXL, MYGN, NFX, NYMT, OAS, OCLR, OESX, OFIX, OKE, OKS, ORA, PAA, PAGP, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, QUAD, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RP, RPAI, RXN, SLW, SSNI, SUPN, TDW, TMH, TSLA, TSRA, TX, UNTD, USNA, VNDA, WBMD, WR, WTR, X, XEC, XOXO, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN, ZNGA
Aug. 4, 2015, 4:15 PM
- Genomic Health (NASDAQ:GHDX): Q2 EPS of -$0.29 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $70.62M (+0.2% Y/Y) misses by $1.03M.
Aug. 3, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACHC, ACLS, AFG, AHS, AMSG, ARC, ATVI, AWAY, AWR, BKH, BW, CDE, CENT, CERN, CHUY, CSU, CVG, CWEI, CZR, DIS, DVA, DVN, DWA, ECOM, ECYT, ENPH, ENSG, EOX, EPAM, EPR, ETSY, EXAR, FSLR, FWM, G, GDOT, GHDX, GLUU, GNW, HCI, HIW, HRZN, INAP, INVN, JCOM, JIVE, LBTYA, LC, LF, LGND, MASI, MATX, MBI, MDRX, MHLD, MPO, MRCY, MTDR, NBR, NEWP, NFX, NSTG, NYMT, OAS, OCLR, OFIX, OKE, OKS, PAA, PAGP, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, PQ, PRMW, PTLA, PXD, PZZA, QNST, QUAD, REGI, REXX, RIGL, RLOC, RMTI, RPAI, RXN, SBRA, SKT, SMCI, SUPN, SYNC, THOR, TMH, TRMB, TROX, TTGT, TWO, TX, UNTD, UNXL, USNA, WR, WTR, XEC, XXIA, Y, Z, ZAGG, ZEN
May 5, 2015, 4:18 PM
- Genomic Health (NASDAQ:GHDX): Q1 EPS of -$0.30 misses by $0.04.
- Revenue of $68.2M (+1.8% Y/Y) misses by $1.7M.
- Shares -0.8%.
May 4, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, AGU, AIZ, ALL, AMRS, AMSG, ANAD, ANDE, ARC, ATSG, AWR, AXLL, BIO, BRDR, CENT, CERS, CLUB, COUP, CRAY, CSU, CTL, CVG, CYH, DK, DKL, DLR, DTLK, DVN, EA, ENPH, EXAM, FISV, FOSL, FTR, GCA, GHDX, GMED, GNMK, GPOR, GRPN, HK, HLF, HRZN, IAG, ICUI, IGTE, IRWD, JIVE, KAR, KGC, KONA, LC, MHLD, MM, MYGN, MYL, NDLS, NFX, NVGS, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OUT, PAA, PACB, PAGP, PBPB, PKD, PXD, PZZA, QGEN, QNST, QUAD, REGI, REXX, RLOC, RNR, RP, RUBI, SBRA, SCTY, SKUL, SLF, SM, SPA, SUPN, TEG, TMH, TNET, TRNX, TSRA, TTGT, USNA, VVUS, WAGE, WES, WGP, WR, WSR, WSTC, WTR, WTW, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN, ZLTQ, ZU
Feb. 11, 2015, 9:17 AM
- Genomic Health (GHDX +0.7%) Q4 results: Revenues: $69.1M (+0.4%); COGS: $12.5M (+15.7%); R&D Expense: $13.3M (-44.8%); SG&A: $49.3M (+16.3%); Operating Loss: ($6M) (+29.4%); Net Loss: ($6.3M) (+33.0%); Loss Per Share: ($0.20) (+33.3%).
- FY2014 results: Revenues: $275.7M (+5.4%); COGS: $48.7M (+15.7%); R&D Expense: $56.1M (-15.4%); SG&A: $194.5M (+17.9%); Operating Loss: ($23.6M) (-100.0%); Net Loss: ($24.6M) (-92.2%); Loss Per Share: ($0.78) (-85.7%); Quick Assets: $103.7M (-1.6%).
- 2015 Guidance: Total Revenue: $292M - 305M; Net Loss: ($17M) - ($24M); Loss Per Share: ($0.53) - ($0.75).
Genomic Health, Inc. is a global healthcare company that provides actionable genomic information to personalize cancer treatment decisions. The company has a robust pipeline focused on developing tests to optimize the treatment of renal cell cancers, as well as additional treatment decisions in... More
Industry: Medical Laboratories & Research
Country: United States
Other News & PR