There are no Focus articles on GHYG.
There are no Transcripts on GHYG.
Sun, May. 11, 5:47 AM
- Delek Drilling (DKDRF) and Avner Oil (AVOGF) have raised $2B in international bonds that the companies will use to finance the development of the massive Leviathan natural-gas field off the coast of Israel.
- The offering attracted demand of $13.5B and was over-subscribed by 650%.
- Avner and Delek Drilling, which are subsidiaries of Delek Group (DGRLY), hold a combined 45.34% in Leviathon, while Noble Energy (NBL) owns a stake of 39.66% and is the field's operator. Ratio Oil (RTEXF) holds the remaining 15%; Australia's Woodside Petroleum (WOPEF) has agreed to buy 30% from the partners.
- ETFs: GHYG, IBND, PICB, CEMB, GLCB
Mon, Mar. 3, 4:32 PM
- Eyeing better growth and sustained low interest rates, Moody's projects the global default rate to drop to 2.2% this year or 61 companies globally, from 2.9% or 66 companies in 2012.
- "Additional factors that support our view of a low default rate in 2014 are the continuous accommodative monetary environment together with ample liquidity, which has and will continue to allow distressed companies to access the capital market and reduce refinancing risk in the near future."
- For perspective, the average default rate since 1983 is 4.7%. It is indeed a golden age for corporate borrowers.
- Related ETFs: LQD, VCSH, VCIT, CORP, VCLT, CSJ, EMCB, CIU, CFT, EMCD, SCPB, LWC, GHYG, CLY, IBND, ITR, CEMB, PICB, QLTA, GLCB, IGHG, SLQD, PFIG, IGS, CBND, IGU, QLTB
Jun. 18, 2013, 1:22 PMPowerShares' Global Short Term High Yield Bond Portfolio (PGHY) is set to launch on June 20 with an expense ratio of 0.35%. Like the name says, the fund will keep duration low and invest globally. iShares' GHYG also invests globally in high yield, but with no mandate to keep holdings short-term. Several high yield funds have built-in hedges against higher rates, including HYHG, THHY, HYLS. | Comment!
Apr. 12, 2013, 12:46 PMMore from Gundlach: Bond indexing has been a wonderful strategy for many years, but now the well-followed indexes (BND, AGG) have too short of a duration and are overloaded with Treasurys. The value is in non-traditional sectors like emerging markets (EMB), non-agency MBS, bank loans (BKLN), and global high yield (GHYG). | 4 Comments
Feb. 6, 2013, 3:58 AMSoftbank (SFTBF.PK) reportedly intends to issue $3.2B worth of four-year bonds to help finance its acquisition of a 70% stake in Sprint (S) for $20.1B. "Softbank is well-known and popular among individuals," says analyst Mana Nakazora. "There isn’t concern about the bonds remaining unsold." | Comment!
Feb. 5, 2013, 2:02 AMUBS (UBS) offers to buy back 5B francs ($5.5B) in senior debt after the massive downsizing of its investment bank cut its liquidity and funding requirements. While the move will "lower interest expense in the future," UBS says it could also bring "significant" Q1 own credit charges due to a possible tightening of its credit spreads. (Q4 earnings) (PR) | Comment!
Jan. 31, 2013, 2:50 PMWisdomTree rolls out its Global Corporate Bond ETF (GLCB), an actively-managed ETF blending developed and emerging market corporate debt. There are global corporate bond funds, there are emerging corporate bond funds, but there are none combining the two and adding in active management. Competitors: GHYG, CEMB. | Comment!
Jul. 24, 2012, 1:33 PMEuropean high-yield investors don't know from troubles there, ahead by 12% YTD with stocks in the tank, writes James Tomlins. He believes a world of microscopic rates, slow growth, and deleveraging has altered correlations, allowing high-yield to perform even as returns to shareholders lag. | 2 Comments
Jun. 7, 2012, 2:36 PM
Apr. 5, 2012, 12:32 PMA new offering of ETFs offers high yield investors greater international - both developed and emerging - exposure. EMHY is designed to track the Morningstar Emerging High Yield Bond Index, the HYXU sticks to developed countries, and the GHYG adds international (developed) exposure to the popular HYG. (PR) | 1 Comment
GHYG vs. ETF Alternatives
The iShares Global High Yield Corporate Bond Fund seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance, before fees and expenses of the Markit iBoxx Global Developed Markets High Yield Index.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Other News & PR