Mon, Jul. 25, 3:33 AM
- For only the second time in its almost 30-year history, LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton (OTCPK:LVMUY), the largest luxury conglomerate in the world, is selling a fashion brand.
- The French company has agreed to sell Donna Karan International to G-III Apparel Group (NASDAQ:GIII) in a deal worth $650M.
- The sale is expected to close in late 2016 or early 2017.
Fri, Feb. 26, 7:41 AM
- G-III Apparel (NASDAQ:GIII) takes a 19% minority stake in the parent company of the Karl Lagerfeld brand.
- The company already holds a 49% stake in the North American joint venture that holds the key Karl Lagerfeld trademark covering most consumer products and apparel in North America.
Mar. 26, 2014, 7:34 AM
Oct. 2, 2013, 6:42 PM
- PVH is unloading footwear brand G.H. Bass & Co., owned by the company since 1987, to G-III Apparel (GIII) for $50M in cash. The deal is expected to close in Q4. (PR)
- PVH expects the sale to hurt its 2013 EPS by $0.05, and to be dilutive by $0.15/share on a full-year basis. Nonetheless, the company is reaffirming its guidance for 2013 EPS of $7. It's also raising its Q3 EPS guidance to $2.25, above prior guidance of $2.20 and a $2.22 consensus.
Jul. 3, 2012, 6:39 AM
Privately-held J Brand hires Morgan Stanley to help it explore the possibility of going public with an IPO or selling itself. Potential bidders for the maker of women's jeans that are found at many large department stores include Jone Group (JNY), VF Corp. (VFC), G-III Apparel Group (GIII), and Li & Fung.| Jul. 3, 2012, 6:39 AM