Wed, Feb. 24, 8:14 AM
- Gildan Activewear (NYSE:GIL) reports ~20% rise in unit shipments in International printwear.
- Printwear sales increased 77.7% to $284.9M due to strong unit sales volume growth in the U.S. and Canada, the acquisition of Comfort Colors and higher shipments in international markets.
- Branded Apparel sales grew 12.4% to $258.9M due to increase in sales in all product categories.
- Gross margin rate increased 1560 bps to 26.6%.
- SG&A expense rate fell 700 bps to 13.4%.
- Inventories -4.1% to $851M.
- FY2016 Guidance: Net sales: in excess of $2.6B; Printwear sales: in excess of $1.6B; Branded Apparel: in excess of $1B; Adjusted EBITDA: $545M to $570M; Adjusted EPS: $1.50 to $1.60.
- GIL -2.81% premarket.
- Q4 results
Fri, Feb. 19, 11:53 AM
- The apparel sector is on shaky ground after weak earnings reports from VF Corp. and Nordstrom set the tone.
- Weather and F/X dinged VF Corp. more than expected, while Nordstrom was whacked by promotions and a higher mix of e-commerce.
- Notable decliners include Carter's (CRI -3.9%), PVh Corp. (PVH -2.7%), Kate Spade (KATE -2.8%), Gildan Activewear (GIL -2.1%), Hanesbrands (HBI -3.5%), Gap (GPS -1.1%), Lululemon (LULU -1.1%), Urban Outfitters (URBN -2%), Genesco (GCO -2%), and Sequential Brands Group (SQBG -1.1%).
May 14, 2015, 8:07 AM
- Gildan Activewear (NYSE:GIL) reports a 25% rise in International printwear sales.
- Printwear sales increased 13.9% to $431.3M due to strong unit sales volume growth in U.S. and international printwear markets and more favourable product-mix.
- Branded Apparel sales grew 20.3% to $204.9M due to organic sales growth of Gildan and Gold Toe branded programs, as well as licensed and global lifestyle brands and the acquisition of Doris.
- Gross margin rate declined 590 bps to 22%.
- Operating margin rate fell 570 bps to 9.6%.
- Q2 Guidance: Net sales: ~$750M; Adjusted EPS: $0.43 to $0.45.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: slightly inexcess of $2.65B; Printwear sales: ~+12%; Branded Apparel: excess of 20% growth; Adjusted EBITDA: $525M to $545M; Adjusted EPS: $1.50 to $1.55; Capex: ~$250M to $300M.
- Q1 results
Dec. 5, 2014, 10:48 AM| Dec. 5, 2014, 10:48 AM | 1 Comment
Jun. 12, 2012, 1:04 PM
Feb. 9, 2012, 10:11 AM
Shares of Gildan Activewear (GIL +6.5%) show strength after the firm's FQ1 loss was narrower than analysts expected. CFO Laurence Sellyn cuts right to the chase during the firm's earnings CC, highlighting that higher cotton costs in FQ1 negatively impacted EPS by close to $0.45 per share.| Feb. 9, 2012, 10:11 AM
Feb. 8, 2012, 5:58 PMGildan Activewear (GIL): FQ1 EPS of -$0.38 beats by $0.01. Revenue of $303.8M (-8.3% Y/Y) beats by $3.8M. Shares +1.1% AH. (PR) | Feb. 8, 2012, 5:58 PM
Dec. 1, 2011, 10:16 AM
The plunge in Gildan Activewear (GIL -28.8%) shares accelerates, after the clothing maker's warning of an FQ1 loss of $0.40/share due to high cotton prices and anticipated lower activewear sales volumes on top of its FQ4 15% profit drop. Shares of rival Hanesbrands (HBI -5%) also slide.| Dec. 1, 2011, 10:16 AM
Dec. 1, 2011, 7:46 AM
More on Gildan Activewear's (GIL) FQ4 report: Weak U.S. distributor shipments are blamed for the FQ4 revenue shortfall. Citing weak selling prices and "excess producer inventories," the company expects FQ1 revenue of just $300M and EPS of -$0.40 in FQ1 2012, well below a consensus of $451.1M and $0.29. GIL -10.1% premarket. (PR)| Dec. 1, 2011, 7:46 AM