Galapagos N.V. ADROTCPK - Current
Apr. 16, 2015, 9:35 AM
- Rising star biotech Galapagos NV (OTC:GLPGF) (OTCPK:GLPYY) files an application to list American Depositary Shares (ADSs) on the Nasdaq under the symbol "GLPG," the same as the listing on Euronext Amsterdam and Euronext Brussels.
- Concurrently, the company plans to offer ordinary shares in Europe and countries outside of the U.S. and Canada in a private placement.
Apr. 14, 2015, 5:17 PM
- A Phase 2b clinical trial evaluating Galapagos NV's (OTC:GLPGF) (OTCPK:GLPYY) JAK-1 inhibitor filgotinib, as an add-on to methotrexate, in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis met its key efficacy endpoints after 12 weeks of therapy at a daily dose of 200 mg. The primary endpoint was the percentage of patients achieving a statistically significant improvement in ACR20 score (20% improvement in tender or swollen joints as well as a 20% improvement in three of five other criteria) versus placebo at Week 12.
- The ACR20 responders were 69% in the once-daily 200 mg arm compared to 45% for placebo (p<0.05), the ACR50 responders were 43% compared to 15% for placebo (p<0.001) and the ACR70 responders were 24% compared to 8% for placebo (p<0.05).
- The study also assessed twice-daily regimens of 25 mg, 50 mg and 100 mg but there were no statistically relevant differences between the once-daily and twice-daily regimens.
- Filgotinib is a Janus kinase inhibitor with selectivity for subtype JAK1 of the enzyme. Janus kinases play key roles in inflammation.
Mar. 17, 2015, 7:58 AM
- Galapagos NV (OTC:GLPGF) (OTCPK:GLPYY) and Janssen Pharmaceutica NV (NYSE:JNJ) mutually agree to terminate their inflammation alliance and option agreements, a partnership that began in 2007. Galapagos regains the rights to GLPG1690, a selective autotaxin inhibitor currently in Phase 2 development for the treatment of ideopathic (cause unknown) pulmonary fibrosis.
- In December, the companies ended their collaboration in ulcerative colitis, with Galapagos regaining full rights to the GPR84 program, including GLPG1205 and GLPG2196. The original deal had a potential value of $1B+ for Galapagos.
Dec. 19, 2014, 8:09 AM
- Galapagos NV (OTC:GLPGF) (OTCPK:GLPYY) initiates the first Phase 1 trial with GLPG1837, its investigational CFTR targeted therapy for patients with cystic fibrosis who carry class III/IV mutations. The Belgium-based study will enroll 40 healthy volunteers and will evaluate the safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetics of oral single and multiple ascending doses of GLPG1837. Results are expected in H2 2015.
- The start of the trial triggers a $10M milestone payment from AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV).
Dec. 16, 2014, 7:48 AM
- Belgian biotech Galapagos NV (OTCPK:GLPYY) and Janssen Pharmaceutica NV (NYSE:JNJ) terminate their collaboration to develop the GPR84 inhibitor GLPG1205 for inflammatory bowel diseases. Full and unencumbered rights to the GPR84 program have now been transferred back to Galapagos. It plans to initiate a Phase 2 trial before the end of December.
- The reasons for the move are not disclosed.
Feb. 29, 2012, 5:07 AM
Belgian drug developer Galapagos signs a deal worth up to $1.35B with Abbott Laboratories (ABT) for the development and production of an oral drug to treat arthritis and other auto-immune diseases. (PR)| Feb. 29, 2012, 5:07 AM