Glu Mobile Inc.NASDAQ
Thu, Nov. 17, 10:52 AM
- Glu Mobile (GLUU +3.1%) has introduced Design Home, a "game platform" that lets users create dream spaces using real furniture and decor in 3-D spaces.
- The launch comes with HGTV (NYSE:SNI) as its exclusive media partner, and in collaboration with brands including Design Within Reach, Serena & Lily and Taylor Burke Home.
- The app is free in the iOS/Google Play app stores.
- The game will have daily design challenges "set against stunning interior spaces from around the world." HGTV will host its own challenges in the game every three days.
Tue, Nov. 15, 5:21 PM
- With its acquisition of a controlling interest in Crowdstar, Glu Mobile (GLUU -1.9%) has set up inducement awards for 79 newly acquired employees.
- The awards number restricted stock units covering 1.1M shares of Glu common stock, and options to buy 5.007M shares of the common stock.
- The RSUs vest on a four-year schedule; the stock options will have 10-year terms, vesting on a four-year schedule, and an exercise price of $2.10 (yesterday's closing price).
- The company's announcing the awards since they were made under its 2008 Equity Inducement Plan, which was not stockholder approved.
- After hours: GLUU +0.9%.
Thu, Nov. 3, 4:51 PM
- Glu Mobile (GLUU +3.2%) is tacking on gains in the postmarket session, now up 5.7% more, after its Q3 results featured declining revenues and bookings Y/Y.
- In strategic news, Glu took a controlling interest in Crowdstar, "a leader in fashion and styling games for women." And it named Nick Earl its CEO, and current CEO Niccolo de Masi is transitioning to executive chairman.
- Glu saw some royalty impairments from underperforming titles, de Masi said, but “Our third quarter bookings were driven by the continued traction of Tap Sports Baseball 2016, Cooking Dash 2016 and Racing Rivals, as well as the launch of Gordon Ramsay Dash and ongoing success of Kim Kardashian: Hollywood.”
- For Q4, Glu expects bookings of $46M-$48M, and adjusted gross margin of about 64.6%. For the full year, it's forecasting bookings at $202.2M-$204.2M, with adjusted gross margin of about 48%. It expects to have cash and short-term investments at year-end of at least $80M.
- Press Release
Thu, Nov. 3, 4:17 PM
Wed, Nov. 2, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABTL, ACET, AGO, AHT, AIRM, AL, AMBC, AMBR, AMED, AMH, ANET, ATSG, ATVI, BBG, BLDR, BNFT, BOJA, BRS, CARA, CARB, CBS, CDR, CECO, CERS, CINR, CLNE, CLVS, COGT, CPSI, CRC, CSC, CSOD, CTRL, CWST, DCO, DCT, ECOM, ECR, ED, EFC, EGN, EGOV, ELY, EOG, EPR, EVC, EXEL, FCE.A, FEYE, FFG, FLDM, FLR, FNGN, FOSL, FPRX, GCAP, GERN, GLUU, GNMK, GNW, GPRO, GSAT, GSBD, GST, GUID, GXP, HCI, HDP, HIL, HTGC, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, INGN, INVN, IVR, JJSF, KAR, KHC, KMPR, KW, LADR, LCI, LGF, LGND, LNT, LOCO, LVS, LXU, MAIN, MDRX, MED, MEDP, MELI, MHK, MITT, MMI, MNST, MRC, MSI, MTD, MTX, MTZ, NAVG, NDLS, NE, NFG, NKTR, NNI, NPTN, NUS, OEC, OLED, OREX, OTEX, OVAS, PBA, PCTY, PDLI, PEN, PETX, PFMT, PODD, QLYS, QRVO, RATE, RMAX, RP, RPXC, RTRX, RVNC, SBUX, SEM, SJI, SLCA, SPPI, SPXC, SSNI, STAA, STAG, STMP, SWIR, SWKS, SYMC, TAHO, THG, TRMR, TRQ, TRUE, TS, TSRO, TWLO, TWOU, TXMD, UBNT, UEIC, UEPS, VRNS, VTL, WEB, WGL, WIFI, WTW, XLRN
Thu, Sep. 22, 5:35 PM
- In an SEC filing, Glu Mobile (GLUU +0.5%) notes it's extended a deal with Kim Kardashian West (through her corporation "Kimsaprincess") covering licensing of her likeness and other attributes powering the company's hit game Kim Kardashian: Hollywood.
- The new amendment is the third to the deal, and extends its term to June 30, 2020.
- During that time, Glu can elect to make additional games featuring Kardashian West, along with updates to KK:H. And once the term ends, the company can continue selling games it developed, during a post-deal 12-month sell-off period.
- After hours: GLUU -0.5%.
Wed, Sep. 14, 9:05 AM
- Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) is up 2.2% premarket following news that it's acquired Poke Radar, a quickly built community add-on to the hit game Pokemon Go.
- Glu is paying $500K in cash for all assets associated with the free application, which uses user-submitted information to help players locate sought-after creatures in the game.
- The Poke Radar team will continue its work at Glu. The app is a "unique property which was built swiftly and in a nimble manner," says Glu CEO Niccolo de Masi. "I look forward to the significant contributions we expect this team to make at Glu.”
Tue, Aug. 2, 5:41 PM
Tue, Aug. 2, 5:21 PM
- Glu Mobile (GLUU -5.4%) has tumbled further after hours, -7%, despite Q2 earnings where revenues and profits beat expectations.
- The game maker attributed performance to a strong launch from Tap Sports Baseball 2016 and maintained success from Cooking Dash 2016, Kim Kardashian: Hollywood and Racing Rivals.
- Revenues fell nearly 14%, and total bookings dropped 11.5% to $50.9M. Gross margin slipped to 57% from a previous 58%; adjusted gross margin was 63% (flat).
- It posted an EBITDA loss of $3.2M, beating an expected loss of $6.3M.
- For Q3, it's expecting bookings of $50M-$52M, EBITDA of -$4M to -$3.5M (in line) and EPS of -$0.04 to -$0.03 (vs. consensus for -$0.04). For the full year, Glu is guiding to bookings of $195M-$202M, EBITDA of -$19M to -$16.5M (vs. expected -$15.5M) and EPS of -$0.17 to -$0.15 (vs. expected -$0.14).
- Press Release
Tue, Aug. 2, 4:18 PM
Mon, Aug. 1, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, AFG, AGII, AIG, AMED, AMSG, AR, ARC, AVD, BEAT, BECN, BGFV, BPI, BRKR, CALD, CALX, CAR, CENT, CERN, CHEF, CHUY, CLI, CLUB, CRAY, CSU, CXO, CZR, DEI, DVN, DXCM, EA, ELGX, ENLK, ENPH, ESE, ESIO, EXAM, FANG, FARO, FGL, FISV, FIT, FMC, FMI, FNGN, FORM, FTAI, FTV, FUEL, GHDX, GLUU, GNW, GUID, HBI, HCI, HIW, HRZN, INN, JIVE, KAR, KFRC, LOCK, LQ, MATX, MDU, MOD, MRC, MRCY, MXWL, NBR, NEWR, NFX, NOVT, NPO, NYMT, OCLR, OESX, OHI, OKE, OKS, OMI, ORA, PAA, PAGP, PAYC, PBPB, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PZZA, QRVO, QUOT, REXX, RGR, RIGL, RLOC, RPAI, RPXC, RUBI, SF, SGY, SLCA, SM, STAG, SUPN, SYRG, TMH, TNAV, TPC, TRQ, TRUP, TSRA, TX, VNOM, VRSK, VTAE, WMGI, WR, WTR, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN
Fri, Jul. 29, 5:39 PM
Tue, Jul. 19, 3:00 PM
Thu, Jun. 30, 6:19 PM
- Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) picked up 0.9% today (and another 1.4% after hours) after launching its latest celebrity-tied game, Gordon Ramsay Dash.
- The game is a variation of the Cooking Dash resource-management games, but with the voice and likeness of celebrity chef Ramsay, who's anchored such shows as Kitchen Nightmares and competition show Hell's Kitchen. The company points to his social audience of 5.7M on Facebook, 3.2M on Twitter, 1.7M on Instagram, 2M on YouTube.
- The game's seeing some initial download success, Stone Fox Capital notes, though it departs a bit from the company's usual celebrity stable of reality stars and singers. The Dash series (Diner Dash, Cooking Dash and more) generated more than $20M in revenues in 2015, and Cooking Dash's $9M in Q1 was second only to Kim Kardashian: Hollywood's $11.7M.
- "Even without the expectations of a big hit, the recent success of the Tap Sports Baseball and Cooking Dash franchises help support quarterly revenues totals in the $50 million range for annualized revenues of $200 million or more," according to SFC. "Using the official cash balance of $159 million, the enterprise value is only $130 million right now. The multiple is a paltry 0.6x revenue estimates of around $220 million."
Thu, May 19, 9:28 AM
- Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) is up 5.6% premarket with the release of its Britney Spears: American Dream, the latest in its celebrity-themed game/app lineup.
- The game follows on the company-making success of its Kim Kardashian: Hollywood, and features exclusive video messages from the pop star as well as a curated track list and character customization.
- Kardashian marks the company's biggest hit, though it has been working on celebrity games tied to Katy Perry, the Jenner sisters, Nicki Minaj, Jason Statham and (exclusively) Taylor Swift.
- Now read Glu Mobile: A Prime Example Of An Ackman Platform Company »
Wed, May 4, 12:50 PM