Can Glu Mobile Finally Deliver In Q2?
Kelvin M. • 18 Comments
Kelvin M. • 18 Comments
Glu Mobile Games Rise In China's Top Grossing Rankings
Natty Greene • 21 Comments
Natty Greene • 21 Comments
Thu, May 19, 9:28 AM
- Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) is up 5.6% premarket with the release of its Britney Spears: American Dream, the latest in its celebrity-themed game/app lineup.
- The game follows on the company-making success of its Kim Kardashian: Hollywood, and features exclusive video messages from the pop star as well as a curated track list and character customization.
- Kardashian marks the company's biggest hit, though it has been working on celebrity games tied to Katy Perry, the Jenner sisters, Nicki Minaj, Jason Statham and (exclusively) Taylor Swift.
- Now read Glu Mobile: A Prime Example Of An Ackman Platform Company »
Wed, May 4, 12:50 PM
Wed, May 4, 9:10 AM
Tue, May 3, 5:37 PM
Tue, May 3, 4:28 PM
Tue, May 3, 4:20 PM
- Glu Mobile (GLUU -1.8%) is off 13.9% after hours, following a Q1 earnings report where the company beat expectations but guided well below expectations for Q2 and the full year.
- Glu said it sees non-GAAP revenues for Q2 at $46M-$49M (vs. consensus for $59.7M) and EBITDA of -$5.5M to -$7M (vs. expected -$4.8M); for 2016, it's forecasting non-GAAP revenue of $215M-$235M (vs. expected $263M) and EBITDA of -$12M to -$18M (vs. -$9.9M expected).
- The company outperformed in Q1 thanks to launching Kendall & Kylie along with some holdover success from Kim Kardashian: Hollywood and Cooking Dash, CEO Niccolo de Masi says. “We are delighted with the traction of our Tap Sports Baseball 2016 title which is currently the top grossing baseball game on the U.S. App Store for iPhone and has positioned us to grow revenues from this franchise for the third year in a row.”
- Gross margin (non-GAAP) was 61%, down from a year-ago 63%.
- Cash and equivalents at quarter's end were $159.3M.
- Conference call to come at 4:30 p.m. ET.
- Press release
Mon, May 2, 5:35 PM
- AGU, AMED, AMSG, ARC, AVD, BFAM, BGFV, BKH, BPI, CAI, CALD, CALX, CAR, CBS, CERS, CHEF, CHUY, CRAY, CSU, DVN, ENLK, ENPH, EPIQ, ETSY, FANG, FARO, FMI, GLUU, GMED, GNMK, HCI, HI, HRZN, IAG, IL, ILMN, INN, JKHY, KAMN, KAR, KFRC, LCI, LYV, MAC, MDU, MTCH, MTDR, MXWL, MYGN, NDLS, NFX, NKTR, NTRI, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OMI, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PZZA, QUAD, QUOT, REG, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RPXC, RSYS, RTRX, RUBI, SM, SPA, STAG, SUPN, TAHO, TNAV, TXMD, USNA, VIAV, VNOM, VRSK, VVUS, WES, WGP, WR, WTR, WU, XCO, XPO, XXIA, ZEN
Tue, Apr. 26, 2:49 PM
- Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) is off 1.1% and hitting its lowest point in three weeks after Roth Capital cut its price target, noting slipping ranks for top games.
- The firm's Darren Aftahi has trimmed his price target to $4.15 from $5.25, implying still strong 49.8% upside. While he's looking for strong Q1 sales, he's less confident about a Q2 sales estimate of $57.6M and thinks guidance could come in the mid-fifties.
- Top games are trending lower, he notes, including Kim Kardashian: Hollywood, Kendall and Kylie, Racing Rivals, Cooking Dash 2016 and Deer Hunter 2016. Those have dropped some 20 spots on average in April vs. March.
- On the other hand, Tap Sports Baseball 2016 (released March 31) has "performed much stronger than our expectations" but it's early and "with only a month under its belt, we are cautiously optimistic."
- Darren Aftahi ranks No. 3,522 out of 3,906 analysts on TipRanks.
- Now read A Virtual Reality Taylor Swift Would Be A GLUU Dream Come True »
Fri, Feb. 26, 3:59 PM
- Glu Mobile (GLUU -2%) has seen Chinese partner Tencent (OTCPK:TCEHY) gradually but quickly boosting its stake in the company to 21.5% during Glu's February run.
- Glu shares have risen 68.3% over the past month, jumping in particular after posting its Q4 earnings beat and announcing exclusive work on a game themed on pop superstar Taylor Swift.
- Tencent acquired millions of shares of Glu on the open market between Feb. 8 and Feb. 25, according to a 13D/A filing today. That included acquiring more than 3M shares over the past three days.
- Glu said in November that it would work to bring Tencent's game WeFire outside China to the Americas, EMEA and Australia/New Zealand.
Fri, Feb. 19, 2:40 PM
- Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) is up 2% -- higher for its fourth day this week, and up a day after a highly anticipated launch of Kendall & Kylie, the celebrity game it hopes can recapture its success with Kim Kardashian: Hollywood.
- Shares are up 16.5% in the past five days.
- Roth Capital's Darren Aftahi is bullish on the new game. It will "have a material impact on Glu's P&L," he says, after the game mirrored KK:H by hitting the top-eight grossing free game status on U.S. iPhones on day one.
- Thinking that Glu was conservative on Kendall & Kylie, he's reiterated a Buy and bumping his price target to $5.25, implying 37% upside.
Thu, Feb. 18, 9:28 AM
- Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) is up 8.4% premarket with the launch of its latest celebrity game, Kendall & Kylie, which jumped to No. 1 among free apps in the Apple app store.
- Shares are marking a multimonth high in premarket quotes. The game, tied to celebrity sisters Kendall and Kylie Jenner, has been closely watched by investors after the flop of the company's Katy Perry Pop game.
- The company says the Jenners' social followers have more than doubled to over 150M since they originally announced the game partnership.
- Previously: Glu up 27.9% after earnings beat, news of Taylor Swift game (Feb. 04 2016)
Thu, Feb. 18, 9:22 AM
Thu, Feb. 4, 12:48 PM
Thu, Feb. 4, 11:33 AM
- After hitting a 52-week low of $1.98 yesterday, Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) has vaulted 27.9% today following an earnings beat yesterday and the key news that it's working exclusively on a Taylor Swift game.
- That game is set to arrive "in late 2016," part of a multiyear partnership between the celebrity-oriented game maker and the Grammy-winning pop star. She has 227M social followers by the company's metrics, CEO Niccolo de Masi says.
- The move's rekindling investor interest and hopes that the company can replicate the celeb-game success it had with Kim Kardashian: Hollywood, after some disappointment with Katy Perry Pop.
- The company's pointing to total social followers of about 1.3B tied to its exclusive partnerships.
- Cash and equivalents at year's end were $180.5M, against no debt. It set a $50M repurchase program.
- Glu guided to Q1 revenue of $46M-$48M, gross margin of about 59.9% and a loss between $6.8M and $7.8M -- EPS of -$0.05 to -$0.06.
- The company also formed a partnership with shouty celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay.
- Press release
Thu, Feb. 4, 9:19 AM
- Gainers: VHC +89%. GLUU +21%. OCLS +18%. WFT +12%. ATNY +11%. SEDG +11%. PETX +10%. SVA +9%. ING +9%. TTWO +8%. SBH +8%. GRUB +7%. VALE +7%. HMY +7%. CDNS +6%. CDE +6%. SBGL +6%. GSH +5%. AUY +5%. VIAB +5%. RIO 5%.
- Losers: PPP -16%. KSS -15%. GPRO -15%. IMPV -13%. CS -13%. PACB -13%. RL -9%. AZN -7%.
Wed, Feb. 3, 5:38 PM
Glu Mobile, Inc. designs, markets and sells mobile games. It develops, publishes and markets a portfolio of games designed to appeal to a broad cross section of the users of smartphones and tablet devices who download and make purchases within its games through direct-to-consumer digital... More
Industry: Multimedia & Graphics Software
Country: United States
Other News & PR