Glu Mobile Inc.NASDAQ
Thu, Sep. 22, 5:35 PM
- In an SEC filing, Glu Mobile (GLUU +0.5%) notes it's extended a deal with Kim Kardashian West (through her corporation "Kimsaprincess") covering licensing of her likeness and other attributes powering the company's hit game Kim Kardashian: Hollywood.
- The new amendment is the third to the deal, and extends its term to June 30, 2020.
- During that time, Glu can elect to make additional games featuring Kardashian West, along with updates to KK:H. And once the term ends, the company can continue selling games it developed, during a post-deal 12-month sell-off period.
- After hours: GLUU -0.5%.
Wed, Sep. 14, 9:05 AM
- Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) is up 2.2% premarket following news that it's acquired Poke Radar, a quickly built community add-on to the hit game Pokemon Go.
- Glu is paying $500K in cash for all assets associated with the free application, which uses user-submitted information to help players locate sought-after creatures in the game.
- The Poke Radar team will continue its work at Glu. The app is a "unique property which was built swiftly and in a nimble manner," says Glu CEO Niccolo de Masi. "I look forward to the significant contributions we expect this team to make at Glu.”
Tue, Aug. 2, 5:41 PM
Tue, Aug. 2, 5:21 PM
- Glu Mobile (GLUU -5.4%) has tumbled further after hours, -7%, despite Q2 earnings where revenues and profits beat expectations.
- The game maker attributed performance to a strong launch from Tap Sports Baseball 2016 and maintained success from Cooking Dash 2016, Kim Kardashian: Hollywood and Racing Rivals.
- Revenues fell nearly 14%, and total bookings dropped 11.5% to $50.9M. Gross margin slipped to 57% from a previous 58%; adjusted gross margin was 63% (flat).
- It posted an EBITDA loss of $3.2M, beating an expected loss of $6.3M.
- For Q3, it's expecting bookings of $50M-$52M, EBITDA of -$4M to -$3.5M (in line) and EPS of -$0.04 to -$0.03 (vs. consensus for -$0.04). For the full year, Glu is guiding to bookings of $195M-$202M, EBITDA of -$19M to -$16.5M (vs. expected -$15.5M) and EPS of -$0.17 to -$0.15 (vs. expected -$0.14).
- Press Release
Tue, Aug. 2, 4:18 PM
Mon, Aug. 1, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, AFG, AGII, AIG, AMED, AMSG, AR, ARC, AVD, BEAT, BECN, BGFV, BPI, BRKR, CALD, CALX, CAR, CENT, CERN, CHEF, CHUY, CLI, CLUB, CRAY, CSU, CXO, CZR, DEI, DVN, DXCM, EA, ELGX, ENLK, ENPH, ESE, ESIO, EXAM, FANG, FARO, FGL, FISV, FIT, FMC, FMI, FNGN, FORM, FTAI, FTV, FUEL, GHDX, GLUU, GNW, GUID, HBI, HCI, HIW, HRZN, INN, JIVE, KAR, KFRC, LOCK, LQ, MATX, MDU, MOD, MRC, MRCY, MXWL, NBR, NEWR, NFX, NOVT, NPO, NYMT, OCLR, OESX, OHI, OKE, OKS, OMI, ORA, PAA, PAGP, PAYC, PBPB, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PZZA, QRVO, QUOT, REXX, RGR, RIGL, RLOC, RPAI, RPXC, RUBI, SF, SGY, SLCA, SM, STAG, SUPN, SYRG, TMH, TNAV, TPC, TRQ, TRUP, TSRA, TX, VNOM, VRSK, VTAE, WMGI, WR, WTR, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN
Fri, Jul. 29, 5:39 PM
Tue, Jul. 19, 3:00 PM
Thu, Jun. 30, 6:19 PM
- Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) picked up 0.9% today (and another 1.4% after hours) after launching its latest celebrity-tied game, Gordon Ramsay Dash.
- The game is a variation of the Cooking Dash resource-management games, but with the voice and likeness of celebrity chef Ramsay, who's anchored such shows as Kitchen Nightmares and competition show Hell's Kitchen. The company points to his social audience of 5.7M on Facebook, 3.2M on Twitter, 1.7M on Instagram, 2M on YouTube.
- The game's seeing some initial download success, Stone Fox Capital notes, though it departs a bit from the company's usual celebrity stable of reality stars and singers. The Dash series (Diner Dash, Cooking Dash and more) generated more than $20M in revenues in 2015, and Cooking Dash's $9M in Q1 was second only to Kim Kardashian: Hollywood's $11.7M.
- "Even without the expectations of a big hit, the recent success of the Tap Sports Baseball and Cooking Dash franchises help support quarterly revenues totals in the $50 million range for annualized revenues of $200 million or more," according to SFC. "Using the official cash balance of $159 million, the enterprise value is only $130 million right now. The multiple is a paltry 0.6x revenue estimates of around $220 million."
Thu, May 19, 9:28 AM
- Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) is up 5.6% premarket with the release of its Britney Spears: American Dream, the latest in its celebrity-themed game/app lineup.
- The game follows on the company-making success of its Kim Kardashian: Hollywood, and features exclusive video messages from the pop star as well as a curated track list and character customization.
- Kardashian marks the company's biggest hit, though it has been working on celebrity games tied to Katy Perry, the Jenner sisters, Nicki Minaj, Jason Statham and (exclusively) Taylor Swift.
- Now read Glu Mobile: A Prime Example Of An Ackman Platform Company »
Wed, May 4, 12:50 PM
Wed, May 4, 9:10 AM
Tue, May 3, 5:37 PM
Tue, May 3, 4:28 PM
- Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU): Q1 EPS of -$0.03 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $54M (-13.5% Y/Y) beats by $5.8M.
- Shares -14.65%.
Tue, May 3, 4:20 PM
- Glu Mobile (GLUU -1.8%) is off 13.9% after hours, following a Q1 earnings report where the company beat expectations but guided well below expectations for Q2 and the full year.
- Glu said it sees non-GAAP revenues for Q2 at $46M-$49M (vs. consensus for $59.7M) and EBITDA of -$5.5M to -$7M (vs. expected -$4.8M); for 2016, it's forecasting non-GAAP revenue of $215M-$235M (vs. expected $263M) and EBITDA of -$12M to -$18M (vs. -$9.9M expected).
- The company outperformed in Q1 thanks to launching Kendall & Kylie along with some holdover success from Kim Kardashian: Hollywood and Cooking Dash, CEO Niccolo de Masi says. “We are delighted with the traction of our Tap Sports Baseball 2016 title which is currently the top grossing baseball game on the U.S. App Store for iPhone and has positioned us to grow revenues from this franchise for the third year in a row.”
- Gross margin (non-GAAP) was 61%, down from a year-ago 63%.
- Cash and equivalents at quarter's end were $159.3M.
- Conference call to come at 4:30 p.m. ET.
Mon, May 2, 5:35 PM
- AGU, AMED, AMSG, ARC, AVD, BFAM, BGFV, BKH, BPI, CAI, CALD, CALX, CAR, CBS, CERS, CHEF, CHUY, CRAY, CSU, DVN, ENLK, ENPH, EPIQ, ETSY, FANG, FARO, FMI, GLUU, GMED, GNMK, HCI, HI, HRZN, IAG, IL, ILMN, INN, JKHY, KAMN, KAR, KFRC, LCI, LYV, MAC, MDU, MTCH, MTDR, MXWL, MYGN, NDLS, NFX, NKTR, NTRI, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, OMI, PAYC, PBPB, PKD, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PZZA, QUAD, QUOT, REG, REGI, RIGL, RLOC, RPXC, RSYS, RTRX, RUBI, SM, SPA, STAG, SUPN, TAHO, TNAV, TXMD, USNA, VIAV, VNOM, VRSK, VVUS, WES, WGP, WR, WTR, WU, XCO, XPO, XXIA, ZEN