SA News • Fri, Oct. 31
From other sites
GlycoMimetics: A Promising Sickle Cell Disease Play
- GlycoMimetics’ GMI-1070 is a first-in-class pan-selectin inhibitor that could shorten sickle cell disease vaso-occlusive crisis, and has the potential for more than 1 billion peak sales.
- Strong Phase 2 GMI-1070 data showed consistent improvements in the duration of crisis, use of opiods, and other clinical metrics, which bodes well for Phase 3 chance of success.
- While early, GlycoMimetics’ GMI-1271 for the treatment of AML could drive GLYC shares meaningfully higher.
There are no Transcripts on GLYC.
Fri, Oct. 31, 11:41 AM
Fri, Sep. 26, 12:45 PM
Fri, Sep. 26, 11:46 AM
- Shares of thinly-traded nano cap GlycoMimetics (GLYC -5.5%) are under pressure in response to Pfizer's (PFE -1.2%) notification that it will significantly delay the start of its Phase 3 clinical trial of GMI-1070 (rivipansel) due to a manufacturing development issue impacting formulated drug supply. Pfizer says that it will advise GLYC on a more specific timeframe regarding the commencement of the trial after it identifies the cause of the problem and a remedy.
- GLYC expected the trial to start in Q4. Its exclusive license agreement with Pfizer was signed in October 2011. The initial indication will be a treatment for vaso-occlusive crisis of sickle cell disease.
Thu, Jul. 31, 6:34 PM
Thu, Jul. 31, 5:23 PM
Tue, Jul. 1, 9:47 AM
- GlycoMimetics (GLYC +10%) reports that development partner Pfizer (PFE +0.5%) and the FDA have agreed on the special protocol assessment (SPA) for the planned Phase 3 clinical trial for rivipansel as a treatment for patients with sickle cell disease who are hospitalized for vaso-occlusive crisis. Pfizer intends to start the trial before the end of 2014.
- Rivipansel is both Orphan Drug and Fast Track-designated.
Thu, Jun. 19, 11:58 AM
- GlycoMimetics (GLYC +0.7%) reports that the first healthy volunteer has been dosed in a Phase 1 clinical study to evaluate the safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetics of GMI-1271, an E-selectin antagonist the company is developing for various cancers.
- The single-site 28-patient trial will assess three dosages of GMI-1271. The company expects final results in 2H 2014.
Tue, May. 20, 6:23 PM
- GlycoMimetics (GLYC -6.1%) earns a $15M milestone payment from collaboration partner Pfizer (PFE -0.1%) for the development of GMI-1070 (rivipansel). When the first patient is dosed in the planned Phase 3 clinical trial GLYC will earn another $20M.
- Rivipansel is an anti-inflammatory pan-selectin inhibitor. The companies are working on its efficacy as a treatment for vaso-occlusive crisis (VOC) of sickle cell disease. Their partnership began in late 2011.
Thu, May. 8, 10:02 AM
Mon, Mar. 31, 9:23 AM
Fri, Jan. 10, 11:15 AM
Tue, Jan. 7, 9:34 AM
- GlycoMimetics (GLYC) has cut the proposed size of its Nasdaq IPO to $46M from a previous plan of $56-64M and lowered the offer price to $8 a share from $14-16.
- However, the biotech, which develops treatments for sickle cell episodes and acute myeloid leukemia (AML), has increased the number of shares it intends to sell to 5.8M from 4M. (S-1)
- ETF: IPO
GLYC vs. ETF Alternatives
GlycoMimetics Inc is a clinical stage biotechnology company. The Company is engaged in discovery and development of novel glycomimetic drugs to address unmet medical needs resulting from diseases in which carbohydrate biology plays a key role.
Other News & PR