How Will General Motors' Plans To Develop New Technology Affect Its Future?
- General Motors will introduce vehicles with hands free, automated driving systems and Wi-Fi connected communication systems between vehicles by 2016.
- Officials of the company declined to comment about how much this super cruise feature will cost on the new vehicle.
- It also has plans to collaborate with the Michigan Department of Transportation, Ford Motors and the University of Michigan to work on the development of technology for vehicles-to-infrastructure.
- United States Department of Transportation is considering making it mandatory for vehicles to have communication systems in the future.
- In its second quarter results, GM announced an increase in revenues but declines in profits due to incurring various high costs.