Thu, Jul. 21, 8:35 AM
- General Motors (NYSE:GM) +4.1% premarket after easily beating Q2 earnings expectations and raising its FY 2016 guidance despite concerns about the financial impact of the U.K.’s decision to leave the European Union.
- GM says Q2 net income more than doubled to a record $2.9B from $1.1B a year ago on 11% higher revenues of $42.4B, with operating margins of 9.3% globally and 12.1% in North America representing post-bankruptcy records, despite relatively flat sales and a decline in U.S. market share.
- GM posted a $137M profit in its European operations, its first quarterly profit in the region since 2011 after losing $45M in the region a year ago, but it warns that the U.K.’s plan to exit the European Union could cost the company $400M in H2.
- Income from China operations was steady at ~$500M, although the 9.5% operating margin for the country was slightly lower than a year ago.
- GM raises its full-year EPS outlook to $5.50-$6.00 from $5.25-$5.75 previously, vs. $5.63 analyst consensus estimate.
Thu, Jul. 21, 7:31 AM
Wed, Jul. 20, 5:30 PM| Wed, Jul. 20, 5:30 PM | 13 Comments
Thu, Apr. 21, 7:31 AM
Wed, Apr. 20, 5:30 PM
- ADS, ALK, AZZ, BANC, BBT, BHE, BIIB, BK, BX, CFG, CLS, COL, DAN, DGX, DHI, DHR, DOV, DST, ERIC, FAF, FCS, FITB, GM, GMT, HOMB, IMAX, JAKK, JCI, KCG, KEY, LAD, LAZ, LUV, MAN, MDSO, MDWD, NUE, NVR, NVS, PBCT, PHM, PII, POOL, PPG, PVTB, RS, SHW, SILC, SNA, SON, STC, SWK, SYNT, TCB, TRV, UA, UNP, USG, UTEK, VZ
Wed, Feb. 3, 7:42 AM
- General Motors (NYSE:GM): Q4 EPS of $1.39 beats by $0.17.
- Revenue of $39.6B (-0.1% Y/Y) beats by $570M.
Tue, Feb. 2, 5:30 PM
Oct. 21, 2015, 7:31 AM
- General Motors (NYSE:GM): Q3 EPS of $1.50 beats by $0.31.
- Revenue of $38.8B (-1.2% Y/Y) beats by $250M.
Oct. 20, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jul. 23, 2015, 7:44 AM
- General Motors (NYSE:GM) reports revenue increased in Q2 on a currency-neutral basis, up $900M from the reported figure.
- EBIT-adjusted totals by operating segment: GM North America +$2.8B (10.5% operating margin), GM Europe flat at $0, GM International +$300M, GM South America -$100M, GM Financial +$200M.
- Automotive net cash flow from operating activities was $5.1B.
- Return on invested capital up to 23.4% from 14.7% a year ago.
- Improved margins in China are cited by GM.
- GM backs previous EBIT-adjusted margin guidance with the Q2 report.
- Previously: General Motors beats by $0.21, misses on revenue
- GM +6.24% premarket to $32.19
Jul. 23, 2015, 7:34 AM
- General Motors (NYSE:GM): Q2 EPS of $1.29 beats by $0.21.
- Revenue of $38.2B (-3.7% Y/Y) misses by $2.42B.
Jul. 22, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ABC, ADS, AEP, ALK, AMAG, AOS, ASPS, BCC, BHE, BKU, BMS, BMY, BSX, CAB, CAM, CAT, CELG, CFX, CLFD, CMCSA, CMS, COR, CS, CSL, CY, DAN, DFRG, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DST, EQM, EQT, FAF, FCX, FIS, FNB, GM, GMT, GNTX, GPI, GPK, HBAN, HERO, HUB.B, IMAX, IQNT, IVC, JNS, KKR, KMB, LAZ, LLY, LUV, MAC, MCD, MHO, MINI, MJN, MMM, MNRO, MRGE, NDAQ, NEO, NUE, NWE, ORI, PDS, PENN, PHM, PRLB, PTEN, QSII, R, RCI, RS, RTN, SCHL, SFE, SHPG, SNA, SQNS, STC, STM, SYNT, TCB, TROW, UA, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, VAC, VRX, WAB, WCC, WIT, WM, WRLD, XRS
Apr. 23, 2015, 8:14 AM
- General Motors (NYSE:GM) missed earnings estimates after Q1 results in parts of Europe and Brazil acted as a drag.
- EBIT-adjusted totals by operating segment: GM North America +$2.182B, GM Europe -$239M, GM International +$371M, GM South America -$214M, GM Financial +$214M.
- The automaker reported its total global market share fell 10 bps to 11.0% with one of the biggest slips in the U.S. cars category.
- North America capacity utilization stood at 100.5% at the end of the quarter vs. 104.4% a year ago.
- Recall and restructuring costs were also a factor during the quarter.
- GM backed its previous guidance with the Q1 report.
- Previously: General Motors slides 3.1% on earning miss
- GM -3.23% premarket to $35.96.
Apr. 23, 2015, 7:41 AM
- General Motors (NYSE:GM): Q1 EPS of $0.86 misses by $0.11.
- Revenue of $35.7B (-4.6% Y/Y) misses by $1.91B.
- Shares -3.1% PM.
Apr. 22, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABBV, AEP, ALK, ALXN, ASPS, AVT, BAX, BBT, BCC, BEAV, BHE, BKU, BMS, BTU, CAB, CAM, CAT, CFX, CLFD, CLI, CMS, COL, COR, CSL, DAN, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DPZ, DST, EQM, EQT, ERIC, FAF, FCX, FNB, GM, GMT, GPK, GRA, HP, HSY, HUB.B, IQNT, IR, IVC, JAH, JCI, JNS, KKR, LAZ, LLY, LTM, LUV, MDP, MDSO, MHO, MJN, MMM, MO, MTH, NDAQ, NUE, NVS, NWE, ORI, PENN, PEP, PG, PHM, PII, PNK, PRLB, PTEN, RS, RTIX, RTN, SFE, SNA, SQNS, STC, SUI, SWK, SXC, SYNT, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, WBC, WCC, WNS
General Motors Co. engages in the business of design, manufacturing and sale of cars, trucks and automobile parts worldwide. It operates through four segments: GM North America, GM Europe, GM International Operations and GM South America. The GM North America segment sells vehicles under the... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Auto Manufacturers - Major
Country: United States
Other News & PR