What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Nov. 18, 2015, 2:00 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) reports FQ4 earnings after the bell tonight. Analysts expect revenue of $1.03B and EPS of $0.70.
- There's been some caution in the last week over Keurig with Wedbush chopping its price target by 17% to $50. The investment firm thinks shares should trade at a discount due to ongoing challenges around the Kold and 2.0 platforms.
- SA contributor Seth Golden warns on slowing K-cup sales growth and notes market shares losses for the Keurig K-cup brand could be on tap.
- GMCR is flat on the day after falling 23% in the preceding four trading sessions.
Nov. 17, 2015, 5:35 PM
Nov. 11, 2015, 10:05 AM
- Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR -7.3%) slumps in early trading after SunTrust lowers its price target to $50 and OTR Global shifts to a Negative rating.
- The company reports earnings on November 18. Analysts expect revenue of $1.03B and EPS of $0.71 (earnings preview on SA).
- Shares of GMCR are down 19% over the last month and sit 71% below their 52-week high.
Oct. 26, 2015, 2:32 AM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) is planning to import coffee beans into the U.S. through duty-free sites - an unprecedented move in the coffee industry - as the company seeks to cut costs amid plunging sales of its pods and brewers.
- The plan is the next overhaul to the corporation's buying strategy and follows the recent relocation of its coffee sourcing operations to Switzerland from Vermont to take advantage of an obscure tax exemption.
- GMCR shares have tumbled 60% so far this year.
Oct. 1, 2015, 5:47 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) discloses U.S. sales/marketing chief John Whoriskey has resigned. He'll remain with the company as an advisor to the CEO.
- The resignation comes ahead of the closely-watched Keurig Kold launch. GMCR fell hard in May after a presentation detailing Keurig Kold failed to impress.
- Shares have dropped to $50.69 after hours. YTD, they're down 61%.
Sep. 28, 2015, 1:06 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR -3.8%) appears very close to launching Keurig Kold, observes Convenience Store and Fuel News.
- Promotional materials from the company have increased over the last few weeks.
- The Keurig Kold platform is expected to include six Keurig brands and ten brands from partnerships with Coca-Cola and Dr. Pepper Snapple. Pricing in a range of $299 to $369 is anticipated for the Kold machine.
- Analysts have issued mixed forecasts on the impact of the Kold initiative. Meanwhile, Keurig execs have pointed out that the size of the cold beverage market is 5X the hot beverage market.
Sep. 17, 2015, 10:28 AM
- Starbucks (SBUX) showed sizzling single-serve sales growth over the four weeks ending on September 5, according to a new Nielsen data read digested by UBS.
- Single-serve sales were up 41% for Starbucks on 53% unit growth.
- The company grew K-cup market share by 40 bps Y/Y to 16.7% over the period.
- McDonald's (MCD -0.6%) and Dunkin Brands (DNKN) also took K-cup market share, while Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR -2.2%) gave some back.
- Overall, K-cup sales in the U.S. have been growing at a double-digit rate even with some deceleration from last year's pace.
Sep. 9, 2015, 1:35 PM
Aug. 31, 2015, 1:25 PM
- A trio of beat-up beverage stocks is making a bid for a comeback today.
- DAVIDsTEA (DTEA +4.6%), SodaStream (SODA +3.8%), and Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR +4.8%) are all higher on a day when sector giants Starbucks, PepsiCo, and Coca-Cola are struggling to gain traction.
- Shares of SodaStream and Keurig are still down over 50% from where they stood a year ago, while DAVIDsTEA is down 49% since going public in early June.
Aug. 24, 2015, 1:55 PM
- Treehouse Foods (THS +1.3%) is higher after M&A talk picks up again.
- The company is reported to be in the hunt for Conagra's Ralcorp business.
- Also making a contrarian move today is Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR +1%).
- SA contributor Brian Nichols notes the company's +2% dividend yield provides a backstop. GMCR is -62% YTD, but has leveled out over the last week.
Aug. 20, 2015, 2:35 AM
- Yesterday was the 11th anniversary since Google's (GOOG, GOOGL) initial public offering, and there's no doubt the company has had a remarkable run (Class A shares +1,277%).
- Although the online advertising giant has given a massive return to investors, there are still 13 stocks that outperformed Google since 8/19/2004:
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ALXN); Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN); Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL); Celgene (NASDAQ:CELG); Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ:GILD); Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ:ISRG); Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR); Monster Beverage (NASDAQ:MNST); Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX); Priceline (NASDAQ:PCLN); Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:REGN); salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM); Vertex Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:VRTX).
Aug. 6, 2015, 12:43 PM
Aug. 6, 2015, 9:29 AM
- The freefall of Keurig Green Mountain's (NASDAQ:GMCR) share price has investment firms scrambling to catch up.
- Many price targets are being cut in half as bullish scenarios are wadded up.
- On the other side of the coin, GMCR has now fallen below where Greenlight Capital closed out its well-publicized short position.
- Keurig has fallen to a level where activist investors could pressure management for major changes or a takeover bid (Coca-Cola or external) is offered up on a value play off the brand.
- GMCR -28.65% premarket to $53.50.
Aug. 6, 2015, 9:15 AM
Aug. 6, 2015, 8:00 AM
- Confidence in Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) erodes after the company lowered guidance and announced it would reduce its workforce by 5%.
- The job reduction is the largest in the company's history.
- Execs with Keurig Green Mountain acknowledged competitive pressure in the marketplace without going into specifics during the firm's earnings call.
- The sharp drop in GMCR share price is relevant to Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO) which has a 16% stake in the company.
- Earnings call transcript
- Previously: Keurig Green Mountain beats by $0.01, misses on revenue (Aug. 05 2015)
- Previously: Sales fall at Keurig Green Mountain, new $1B buyback unveiled (Aug. 05 2015)
- GMCR -30.19% premarket to $52.34.
Aug. 5, 2015, 5:38 PM
Other News & PR