What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Aug. 5, 2015, 4:11 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) issues a roughly in-line report for FQ3.
- Portion pack revenue increased fell 1% to $815M.
- Sales of brewers and accessories declined 26% to $952M during the period. A shift in product mix impacted results.
- The company's gross margin rate fell 750 bps to 36.0%. Unfavorable green coffee costs and brewer mix both chipped away at margins by at least 200 bps.
- Non-GAAP operating income rate -560 bps to 18.2%.
- A new $1B buyback program is authorized.
- Guidance: A sales decline at at low-single to mid-single digit rate is expected for FY15. FQ4 EPS of $0.70-$0.75 seen.
- Previously: Keurig Green Mountain beats by $0.01, misses on revenue
- GMCR-1.07% AH to $74.18.
Aug. 5, 2015, 4:01 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR): FQ3 EPS of $0.80 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $969.53M (-4.9% Y/Y) misses by $70.47M.
Jul. 20, 2015, 10:08 AM
- Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR +2.4%) is higher after KeyBanc defends the stock in a new note.
- The investment firm thinks the market has more than factored in Keurig's execution issues and sees upside for both the Hot and Kold platforms.
- Channel checks from KeyBanc on brewer sales are "incrementally positive" and tip that a corner may have been turned.
- GMCR -46.1% YTD.
Jul. 13, 2015, 2:51 PM
- Shares of Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR -0.2%) haven't fallen far enough to entice Wedbush Securities as the company whacks its price target on the brewer and accessories seller and reiterates a Neutral rating.
- "We believe the company is unlikely to experience a meaningful earnings growth reacceleration and therefore deserves its current discount to historical averages," reads the analyst note.
- Other investment firms have also lowered earnings estimates on GMCR due to some concerns over Keurig Kold.
- GMCR -42.9% YTD.
Jul. 6, 2015, 2:14 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR -3.6%) is slammed after SunTrust cut its stock price target to $70 from $95, citing a loss of market share to the likes of Kraft Heinz (KHC), JM Smucker (NYSE:SJM) and Starbuck (NASDAQ:SBUX).
- The firm thinks GMCR will need to address share losses for its company-owned brands sooner rather than later, which will pressure earnings; market share for GMCR-owned brands have dropped to 28% from 35% over the past year and posted a 5% sales decline and 12% volume decline in the most recent four-week period, according to Nielsen, lost to GMCR’s licensed partners which have stronger brands and are promoting their products more than GMCR.
- SunTrust says it does not believe GMCR wants simply to be a contract manufacturer for the industry; GMCR will need to step up promotions in the coming months while working through its higher-cost coffee hedges, which the firm cites as the key reason behind its FY 2015 earnings reduction.
Jul. 1, 2015, 8:21 AM
- J.M. Smucker (NYSE:SJM) cuts prices on packaged coffee products by an average of 6%.
- The reduced pricing impacts products sold under the Folgers and Dunkin' Donuts brand names.
- Wholesale coffee prices have moderated over the last six months (Robusta chart).
- Related stocks: KRFT, GMCR, DNKN, OTCPK:RBGLY, OTCPK:RBGPF, SBUX.
Jun. 18, 2015, 12:38 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR +0.1%) has showed a nice upward trend during summer over the last five years, notes S&P Capital IQ.
- The company has generated an average return of 20.6% during the season to top the list of S&P 500 stocks showing a positive return each of the last five years.
- Keurig also has the highest upside potential to the average analyst price target of the group.
Jun. 12, 2015, 8:49 AM| Jun. 12, 2015, 8:49 AM | 2 Comments
Jun. 5, 2015, 9:28 AM
- Morgan Stanley revises estimates on Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) to adjust for a slower rollout of the Kold platform, but keeps an Overweight rating locked in place.
- The investment firm sees the core "hot" business generating 7% revenue growth in 2016 just as the innovative "cold" business starts to hit results.
- The new price target on GMCR from Morgan is $130 from $140.
- GMCR +0.54% premarket to $83.34.
May 20, 2015, 9:01 AM
- Argus downgrades Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) to Hold from Buy and resets earnings estimates.
- The investment firm sees Keurig pressured on pod pricing and coffee input costs.
- Keurig lowers its FY15 EPS estimate to $3.90 from $4.32 and FY16 EPS to $4.40 from $4.95.
- GMCR -0.54% premarket to $88.54 which marks a 52-week low.
May 19, 2015, 9:55 PM
- Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) and Anheuser-Busch InBev (NYSE:BUD) starting selling their B.blend machine in Brazil today.
- The B.blend has the distinction of being the first all-purpose beverage maker with its capacity to make hot, cold, or carbonated single-serve drinks.
- A successful launch in the U.S. by the 50-50 partners could set up the product for an international roll-out.
- The development also has potential implications for Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR), Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO), and SodaStream (NASDAQ:SODA)
May 15, 2015, 10:54 AM
- Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR -7.6%) trades weak with the company's scheduled full launch of Keurig Kold pushed back to the 2016 holiday season.
- The product will be sold online and in certain retail outlets as early as this fall.
- Pricing on Keurig Kold was set at $299 to $369 - a mark higher than most analysts expected and well over the $79.99-$199.99 range of SodaStream machines.
- During a webcast yesterday, CEO Brian Kelley said 2016 would be a "significant" investment year for the company.
- He also highlighted the 50 patents Keurig already has lined up on the beverage system and 100 more in the application process.
- Coca-Cola (KO +0.2%) is a key distribution partner and investor in the Keurig Kold system.
- GMCR presentation slides (.pdf)
- Previously: Keurig -4.6% after Keurig Kold presentation (May. 14 2015)
May 15, 2015, 9:13 AM
May 14, 2015, 5:09 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) has sold off to $98.31 AH after hosting a presentation (webcast) discussing its Keurig Kold cold-beverage maker.
- Kold, which has partner Coca-Cola's backing, launches this fall (pre-orders start this summer). SA author Seth Golden provided thoughts on Kold's feature set and market opportunity in March.
May 14, 2015, 11:05 AM
- The National Weather Service forecasts a continuation of El Nino conditions in the Pacific Ocean late into the year.
- The outlook is consistent with a recent statement from across the ocean by the Japanese Meteorological Agency.
- In the past, El Nino conditions have contributed to drought conditions in Central and South America to impact coffee costs for sellers.
- Related stocks: GMCR, SBUX, JVA, SJM, KRFT, DNKN, OTCQB:JAMN.
- Related ETFs: JO
- El Nino Advisory (.pdf)
May 7, 2015, 9:20 AM
Other News & PR