What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Jan. 21, 2015, 8:35 AM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) will report FQ1 results on Feb. 4 after the market closes.
- The conference call is scheduled to begin at 5.00 p.m. ET.
- Consensus view is EPS of $0.89 on revenues of $1.46B.
Jan. 7, 2015, 11:36 AM
- Shares of Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR +4.7%) are higher after the company adds Dr Pepper to the lineup for Keurig Cold.
- The development is viewed by beverage industry analysts as a negative for SodaStream (SODA -0.1%), although Whitney Tilson might not agree.
- Tilson famously called Keurig Cold "vaporware" in his bull thesis on SODA.
- The Israeli company for its part seems to be looking beyond soda based on an investor presentation last November.
- Previously: Marketing at SodaStream to be all about water.
Jan. 7, 2015, 2:06 AM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) has signed a deal with Dr Pepper Snapple (NYSE:DPS) to sell capsules that make its sodas in its planned cold-drink machine.
- The agreement gives Keurig Cold a serious edge over SodaStream (NASDAQ:SODA), as it now has two of the top three soda companies (the other one is Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO)) as partners for its new platform.
- Keurig expects to bring the new device to market in September.
- Previously: Green Mountain +38.3% AH in response to Coca-Cola deal (Feb. 05 2014)
Jan. 1, 2015, 2:19 AM
- Dow: INTC +41%; UNH +35%; HD +28%; CSCO +25%; MSFT +25%.
- S&P 500: LUV +125%; EA +106%; EW +95%; AGN +92%; AVGO +91%.
- Nasdaq: AAL +112%; EA +106%; AVGO +91%; GMCR +78%; ILMN +68%.
Dec. 23, 2014, 8:06 AM
- Shares of Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) slide in early action following the recall of 6.6M coffee makers by the company.
- Previously: Keurig MINI Plus Brewing System recalled by company
- GMCR -3.1% to $135.50.
Dec. 23, 2014, 7:10 AM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) recalls its Keurig MINI Plus Brewing Systems due to the risk water that hot water could spray out to harm consumers.
- The company says it has received 90 reports of injuries due to the issue.
- The recall impacts 6.6M units in the U.S. and Canada
Dec. 15, 2014, 3:22 AM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) is moving most of its U.S. coffee buying operations to Switzerland, after forming a new corporate entity called Keurig Trading GmbH there this past fall.
- "The core of our green bean coffee procurement for our global manufacturing operations will take place in Switzerland," said a Keurig spokeswoman, although she declined to comment on whether low taxes were a factor in the decision.
Dec. 10, 2014, 5:43 PM
- Citing "sustained increases in costs," J.M. Smucker (NYSE:SJM) is "increasing the list price on its K-Cup packs sold in the United States under the Folgers, Folgers Gourmet Selections, Cafe Bustelo, and Millstone brand names" by an average of 8%. The hikes go into effect on Jan. 5.
- SJM, along with Starbucks, is one of Keurig Green Mountain's (NASDAQ:GMCR) biggest K-Cup licensees. In May, Keurig and SJM expanded their partnership to cover new Keurig brewers.
Dec. 10, 2014, 1:49 PM
Dec. 4, 2014, 4:14 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) is buying the 85% of Bevyz it doesn't already own for €178M ($220M). The deal will be funded with cash on hand, and is expected to close in the next month.
- Bevyz, which has operations in The Netherlands and Malta, sells a single-portion drink machine (The Fresh) that can be used to make teas, coffees, juices, and sparkling beverages, along with related capsules. Keurig declares Bevyz provides it with "unique and complementary technology and research and development capabilities."
- Nonetheless, Keurig still plans to launch its Keurig Cold system (being developed with Coca-Cola) in the fall of 2015. The company is reiterating its FQ1 and FY15 (ends Sep. '15) guidance.
Nov. 20, 2014, 2:26 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR -8.2%) declines after the company sets its guidance lower and announces the resignation of CFO Frances Rathke.
- During the firm's conference call, execs noted that Increased competition in the single-serve market continues to impact margins in the coffee sector.
- What to watch: Analysts say the wildcard with Keurig is if share price slides further would Coca-Cola (KO +0.1%) be tempted to buy out the whole company. Opinion is divided.
- GMCR earnings call transcript
Nov. 19, 2014, 4:58 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) reports revenue from portion packs grew 22% to $949M in Q3.
- Sales of brewers and accessories fell 5% to $182M during the period.
- The company's gross margin rate increased 160 bps to 37.6%, aided by a shift in mix and lower green coffee costs.
- Guidance: Sales growth at a high-single to low-double digit rate is expected for 2015.
- GMCR -1.6% AH.
Nov. 19, 2014, 4:02 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR): FQ4 EPS of $0.90 beats by $0.13.
- Revenue of $1.19B (+13.3% Y/Y) beats by $30M.
- Shares -2.45% AH.
Nov. 18, 2014, 5:35 PM
Nov. 17, 2014, 3:28 PM| Nov. 17, 2014, 3:28 PM | 2 Comments
Nov. 5, 2014, 1:24 PM
- Greenlight Capital has abandoned its short position in Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR -0.7%), according to the hedge fund's Q3 letter.
- David Einhorn cites the "clever strategy" of GMCR management in re-closing the firm's ecosystem with the launch of the new non-backwards compatible brewing system.
- By using its leverage over retailers, Keurig has won back private label accounts and scored key licensing deals.
- "We congratulate the bulls," writes Einhorn.
Other News & PR