Thu, Nov. 19, 12:44 PM
Thu, Nov. 19, 9:14 AM
Wed, Nov. 18, 5:44 PM
Wed, Nov. 18, 4:15 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) reports product mix and higher green coffee costs cut into profitability in FQ4, although tight expense control helped the company top profit expectations.
- Portion pack revenue increased fell 9% to $861M.
- Sales of brewers and accessories plunged 32% to $124M during the period. 1.9M Keurig hot system brewers were sold.
- The company's gross margin rate fell 530 bps to 32.3%.
- Non-GAAP operating income rate -170 bps to 19.7%.
- The company says it still has $914M remaining on its buyback allowance.
- Guidance: FY16 EPS of $3.25 to $3.43 is seen vs. $3.42 consensus. Keurig expects free cash flow of $420M to $500M.
- GMCR+19.0% AH to $48.19. Shares were off over 23% over the last week.
- Previously: Keurig Green Mountain beats by $0.14, beats on revenue (Nov. 18 2015)
Wed, Nov. 18, 4:07 PM
Wed, Nov. 18, 2:00 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) reports FQ4 earnings after the bell tonight. Analysts expect revenue of $1.03B and EPS of $0.70.
- There's been some caution in the last week over Keurig with Wedbush chopping its price target by 17% to $50. The investment firm thinks shares should trade at a discount due to ongoing challenges around the Kold and 2.0 platforms.
- SA contributor Seth Golden warns on slowing K-cup sales growth and notes market shares losses for the Keurig K-cup brand could be on tap.
- GMCR is flat on the day after falling 23% in the preceding four trading sessions.
Wed, Nov. 11, 10:05 AM
- Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR -7.3%) slumps in early trading after SunTrust lowers its price target to $50 and OTR Global shifts to a Negative rating.
- The company reports earnings on November 18. Analysts expect revenue of $1.03B and EPS of $0.71 (earnings preview on SA).
- Shares of GMCR are down 19% over the last month and sit 71% below their 52-week high.
Thu, Oct. 1, 5:47 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) discloses U.S. sales/marketing chief John Whoriskey has resigned. He'll remain with the company as an advisor to the CEO.
- The resignation comes ahead of the closely-watched Keurig Kold launch. GMCR fell hard in May after a presentation detailing Keurig Kold failed to impress.
- Shares have dropped to $50.69 after hours. YTD, they're down 61%.
Mon, Aug. 31, 1:25 PM
- A trio of beat-up beverage stocks is making a bid for a comeback today.
- DAVIDsTEA (DTEA +4.6%), SodaStream (SODA +3.8%), and Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR +4.8%) are all higher on a day when sector giants Starbucks, PepsiCo, and Coca-Cola are struggling to gain traction.
- Shares of SodaStream and Keurig are still down over 50% from where they stood a year ago, while DAVIDsTEA is down 49% since going public in early June.
Mon, Aug. 24, 1:55 PM
- Treehouse Foods (THS +1.3%) is higher after M&A talk picks up again.
- The company is reported to be in the hunt for Conagra's Ralcorp business.
- Also making a contrarian move today is Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR +1%).
- SA contributor Brian Nichols notes the company's +2% dividend yield provides a backstop. GMCR is -62% YTD, but has leveled out over the last week.
Thu, Aug. 6, 12:43 PM
Thu, Aug. 6, 9:29 AM
- The freefall of Keurig Green Mountain's (NASDAQ:GMCR) share price has investment firms scrambling to catch up.
- Many price targets are being cut in half as bullish scenarios are wadded up.
- On the other side of the coin, GMCR has now fallen below where Greenlight Capital closed out its well-publicized short position.
- Keurig has fallen to a level where activist investors could pressure management for major changes or a takeover bid (Coca-Cola or external) is offered up on a value play off the brand.
- GMCR -28.65% premarket to $53.50.
Thu, Aug. 6, 9:15 AM
Thu, Aug. 6, 8:00 AM
- Confidence in Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) erodes after the company lowered guidance and announced it would reduce its workforce by 5%.
- The job reduction is the largest in the company's history.
- Execs with Keurig Green Mountain acknowledged competitive pressure in the marketplace without going into specifics during the firm's earnings call.
- The sharp drop in GMCR share price is relevant to Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO) which has a 16% stake in the company.
- Earnings call transcript
- Previously: Keurig Green Mountain beats by $0.01, misses on revenue (Aug. 05 2015)
- Previously: Sales fall at Keurig Green Mountain, new $1B buyback unveiled (Aug. 05 2015)
- GMCR -30.19% premarket to $52.34.
Wed, Aug. 5, 5:38 PM
Wed, Aug. 5, 4:11 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) issues a roughly in-line report for FQ3.
- Portion pack revenue increased fell 1% to $815M.
- Sales of brewers and accessories declined 26% to $952M during the period. A shift in product mix impacted results.
- The company's gross margin rate fell 750 bps to 36.0%. Unfavorable green coffee costs and brewer mix both chipped away at margins by at least 200 bps.
- Non-GAAP operating income rate -560 bps to 18.2%.
- A new $1B buyback program is authorized.
- Guidance: A sales decline at at low-single to mid-single digit rate is expected for FY15. FQ4 EPS of $0.70-$0.75 seen.
- Previously: Keurig Green Mountain beats by $0.01, misses on revenue
- GMCR-1.07% AH to $74.18.
Other News & PR