Wed, Mar. 23, 8:31 AM
- Pinnacle Foods (NYSE:PF) -2.4% premarket after announcing that CEO Robert Gamgort will leave the company at the end of April to take the CEO job at Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR).
- PF says it is evaluating external and internal candidates to find a new CEO, and expects to the search to conclude in time for a "seamless transition."
- Gamgort has been PF's CEO since 2009; prior to joining PF, he held executive positions at General Foods, Major League Baseball Properties and Mars International.
Thu, Mar. 3, 5:33 PM
- Apartment REIT UDR is up 2.1% after hours as it's headed into the S&P 500 from a previous spot on the MidCap 400.
- The firm will replace Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) after the close tomorrow, following Keurig's successful acquisition by JAB Holding. Meanwhile, SmallCap 600 constituent Healthcare Realty Trust (HR +0.8%) takes UDR's spot in the MidCap 400.
- Moving down the chain, Proto Labs (PRLB +0.7%) will replace Healthcare Realty Trust in the SmallCap 600. It's up 4.3% after hours.
- Previously: Coffee giant takes control of Keurig Green Mountain (Mar. 03 2016)
Dec. 7, 2015, 12:48 PM
Dec. 7, 2015, 9:19 AM| Dec. 7, 2015, 9:19 AM | 714 Comments
Dec. 7, 2015, 8:11 AM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) announces it will be acquired by privately-owned JAB Holding Company for $92 per share in a deal valued at $13.9B. JAB Holding is an experienced collector of large consumer product brands.
- GMCR stakeholder Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO) says it backs the buyout and indicates it will work with JAB to stay on as a major Keurig single-serve partner.
- The deal is expected to close in the first quarter of 2016.
- GMCR closed at $51.70 on Friday. Shares are currently on a trading halt, but will soon skyrocket.
Nov. 19, 2015, 12:44 PM
Nov. 19, 2015, 9:14 AM
Nov. 18, 2015, 5:44 PM
Nov. 18, 2015, 4:15 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) reports product mix and higher green coffee costs cut into profitability in FQ4, although tight expense control helped the company top profit expectations.
- Portion pack revenue increased fell 9% to $861M.
- Sales of brewers and accessories plunged 32% to $124M during the period. 1.9M Keurig hot system brewers were sold.
- The company's gross margin rate fell 530 bps to 32.3%.
- Non-GAAP operating income rate -170 bps to 19.7%.
- The company says it still has $914M remaining on its buyback allowance.
- Guidance: FY16 EPS of $3.25 to $3.43 is seen vs. $3.42 consensus. Keurig expects free cash flow of $420M to $500M.
- GMCR+19.0% AH to $48.19. Shares were off over 23% over the last week.
- Previously: Keurig Green Mountain beats by $0.14, beats on revenue (Nov. 18 2015)
Nov. 18, 2015, 4:07 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR): FQ4 EPS of $0.85 beats by $0.14.
- Revenue of $1.04B (-13.3% Y/Y) beats by $10M.
- Shares +15%.
Nov. 18, 2015, 2:00 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) reports FQ4 earnings after the bell tonight. Analysts expect revenue of $1.03B and EPS of $0.70.
- There's been some caution in the last week over Keurig with Wedbush chopping its price target by 17% to $50. The investment firm thinks shares should trade at a discount due to ongoing challenges around the Kold and 2.0 platforms.
- SA contributor Seth Golden warns on slowing K-cup sales growth and notes market shares losses for the Keurig K-cup brand could be on tap.
- GMCR is flat on the day after falling 23% in the preceding four trading sessions.
Nov. 11, 2015, 10:05 AM
- Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR -7.3%) slumps in early trading after SunTrust lowers its price target to $50 and OTR Global shifts to a Negative rating.
- The company reports earnings on November 18. Analysts expect revenue of $1.03B and EPS of $0.71 (earnings preview on SA).
- Shares of GMCR are down 19% over the last month and sit 71% below their 52-week high.
Oct. 1, 2015, 5:47 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) discloses U.S. sales/marketing chief John Whoriskey has resigned. He'll remain with the company as an advisor to the CEO.
- The resignation comes ahead of the closely-watched Keurig Kold launch. GMCR fell hard in May after a presentation detailing Keurig Kold failed to impress.
- Shares have dropped to $50.69 after hours. YTD, they're down 61%.
Aug. 31, 2015, 1:25 PM
- A trio of beat-up beverage stocks is making a bid for a comeback today.
- DAVIDsTEA (DTEA +4.6%), SodaStream (SODA +3.8%), and Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR +4.8%) are all higher on a day when sector giants Starbucks, PepsiCo, and Coca-Cola are struggling to gain traction.
- Shares of SodaStream and Keurig are still down over 50% from where they stood a year ago, while DAVIDsTEA is down 49% since going public in early June.
Aug. 24, 2015, 1:55 PM
- Treehouse Foods (THS +1.3%) is higher after M&A talk picks up again.
- The company is reported to be in the hunt for Conagra's Ralcorp business.
- Also making a contrarian move today is Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR +1%).
- SA contributor Brian Nichols notes the company's +2% dividend yield provides a backstop. GMCR is -62% YTD, but has leveled out over the last week.
Aug. 6, 2015, 12:43 PM
Keurig Green Mountain Inc is engaged in the coffee and coffeemaker businesses in the United States and Canada. It sells Keurig Single Cup brewers and roast high-quality Arabica bean coffees.
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Processed & Packaged Goods
Country: United States
Other News & PR