Vince Martin • 39 Comments
Vince Martin • 21 Comments
Michael Carter • 30 Comments
Josh Burwick • 38 Comments
Jun. 2, 2015, 2:46 PM
Jan. 5, 2015, 8:50 AM
- The PetSmart LBO strategy could be utilized again in the retail sector amid the current low interest rate environment, note analysts.
- Bloomberg picks some top candidates to see a LBO play this year.
- GameStop (NYSE:GME): Valuation has been driven down to a level that could attract P-E firms.
- Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY): Spinoff opportunities and a lagging stock price make BBBY a LBO natural, note sector watchers.
- Pier 1 Imports (NYSE:PIR): A buyer would have plenty of opportunities to cut costs and set a turnaround strategy.
- Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE:DKS): Perhaps the surprise in the bunch, but analysts see upside potential in a LBO scenario as a shift in focus is enacted.
- Previous on LBOs in retail: Retail trends to watch
Mar. 14, 2012, 12:05 PM
Wal-Mart (WMT) has talked with struggling British gaming retailer GAME about a possible acquisition, reports industry site MCV. It's added GameStop (GME -1.8%) is also interested in buying GAME, but has been waiting for the company to go into bankruptcy to make a move, though Wal-Mart's overtures could force it to move faster.| Mar. 14, 2012, 12:05 PM