Emerging Biotech Takes Aim At Preventing Recurrent Breast Cancer
Rich Steffens • 64 Comments
Rich Steffens • 64 Comments
Oct. 13, 2015, 11:50 AM
- Generex (OTCQB:GNBT -2%) enters into a non-binding Letter of Intent with privately held MediTemp Ltd. to acquire a 51% equity interest in the Haifa, Israel-based firm for $5M and royalties on commercial sales.
- MediTemp, founded in 2007, has developed a proprietary cooling technology designed to improve sperm quality in men rendered infertile due to varicoceles, a condition characterized by enlarged veins (varicose) within the scrotum. The condition causes low sperm production and decreased sperm quality. The company's solution is called Varicure, a wearable, compact, portable and comfortable device that facilitates localized cooling of the testicles with the aim of enhancing male fertility by improving sperm quality.
- The intent of the proposed acquisition, along with previously announced deals with Hema Diagnostic Systems and Alfa Rhythm, is to broaden Generex's product opportunities.
Oct. 6, 2015, 11:48 AM
- Generex Biotechnology (OTCQB:GNBT) enters into a non-binding Letter of Intent (LOI) with privately-held Alfa Rhythm Ltd. to establish a 51% equity stake in the Israeli firm for $5M plus an 8% royalty on product sales. The discussions are at an early stage as the valuation and other due diligence efforts are not yet completed.
- Alfa has developed a proprietary transcranial electro-biometric stimulator for the treatment of symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), depression, anxiety and sleep disorders. It is designed to emit frequency-specific low voltage electric pulses for cerebral stimulation for a period of 10 - 30 minutes. Its goal is to modulate brainwaves to enhance attentiveness and concentration.
Sep. 30, 2015, 10:30 AM
- Generex Biotechnology (OTCQB:GNBT +4.4%) enters into a non-binding Letter of Intent (LOI) with Miramar, FL-based Hema Diagnostic Systems, LLC to acquire a 51% equity interest in Hema for $15M. Generex will also receive certain royalties of up to $50M.
- Hema has developed a portfolio of rapid point-of-care diagnostic tests for infectious diseases, including HIV, tuberculosis, HCV, HBV and malaria. The tests are for export only since they have not been cleared by the FDA.
Mar. 12, 2015, 11:44 AM
- Generex (OTCQB:GNBT +11.2%) announces that its has been successful, at least preliminarily, in increasing the concentration of insulin 400% in its Generex Oral-lyn buccal insulin spray for the treatment of type 1 and type 2 diabetes. The company is working on an enhanced formulation of the product candidate that will make it more attractive to patients and potential commercialization partners by increasing the bioavailability of insulin in the product and reducing the number of puffs required to achieve prandial (meal time) glucose control for diabetics.
- The company has entered into a research agreement with the University of Guelph to conduct a bioavailability study of the enhanced formulation in canines. Based on positive results, it will update its Investigational New Drug application (IND) on file with FDA to support human clinical trials.
- Generex Oral-lyn is sprayed into the oral cavity where it is absorbed by the lining of the mouth. It is not inhaled. Its value proposition is injection-free rapid-onset glucose control at meal time.
- Related ticker: (MNKD +0.4%)
Apr. 4, 2014, 4:21 PM
- Generex Biotechnology (GNBT +1.6%) files for the potential issuance of 163,510,000 shares at a proposed maximum price of $0.0376/share. The shares are issuable upon the conversion of the Series F 9% Convertible Preferred Stock sold on March 27 or issuable in lieu of cash payments of dividends on the preferred shares.
Oct. 18, 2010, 9:00 AM
Mar. 19, 2010, 9:00 AM
Feb. 26, 2010, 9:00 AM
Feb. 1, 2010, 9:00 AM
Jan. 19, 2010, 9:00 AM
Jan. 14, 2010, 9:00 AM
Oct. 21, 2009, 9:00 AM
Oct. 15, 2009, 9:00 AM
Sep. 10, 2009, 11:29 AM
Generex (GNBT +28%) is up strongly after the FDA said earlier this morning it will allow patients with serious or life-threatening diabetes to use its yet-unapproved orally-administered insulin product Oral-lyn. (PR)| Sep. 10, 2009, 11:29 AM
Sep. 1, 2009, 9:00 AM
Aug. 27, 2009, 9:00 AM
Generex is engaged in the research, development, and commercialization of drug delivery systems and technologies. Generex has developed a proprietary platform technology for the delivery of drugs into the human body through the oral cavity (with no deposit in the lungs). The Company's... More
Industry: Drug Delivery & Accessories
Other News & PR