GNC: How Healthy Is It?
GNC: Overly Discounted GARP Investment
GNC Holdings: Perfect Time To Scoop In
Johannes Salim, CFA
Johannes Salim, CFA
Thu, Jul. 21, 4:39 PM
Wed, Jul. 13, 9:21 AM
Wed, Jul. 13, 8:47 AM
Wed, Jun. 22, 11:15 AM
- Shares of GNC Holdings (NYSE:GNC) are up 2% on some speculative buying that may by tied to the company's cancellation of an appearance at the Jefferies 2016 Consumer Conference (schedule for today).
- Traders are a bit jump on GNC due to the strategic review ongoing at the company. While a GNC-Vitamin Shoppe (VSI +1.6%) merger has been bandied around for quite a while, Morgan Stanley said the probability of that outcome was low in a note to investors issued yesterday.
Mon, May 2, 9:13 AM
Mon, May 2, 8:14 AM| Mon, May 2, 8:14 AM
Fri, Apr. 29, 10:16 AM
- GNC Holdings (NYSE:GNC) plans to go on a pretty major diet.
- The company plans to sell 84 stores to franchisee Sun Holdings as part of a goal to unload 200 stores this year.
- Over the next three to four years, GNC intends to reduce its store count by a thousand.
- During the GNC earnings call earlier this week, execs were asked about the critical issue of the abrupt drop in demand for vitamins products in the U.S. The company thinks it's pulling the right levers to adjust.
- GNC earnings call transcript
Thu, Apr. 28, 12:46 PM
Thu, Apr. 28, 10:01 AM
- GNC Holdings (NYSE:GNC) falls sharply after the company reported a drop in same-store sales at domestic franchised locations (-5.6%) and domestic company-owned stores (-2.6%).
- A lack of demand for the vitamin business led to inventory issues which in turn pressured margins.
- Operating income as a percentage of segment revenue fell 210 bps to 16.2% in the quarter.
- Shares of GNC Holdings are down 24.92% to $26.73 on very heavy volume.
- Previously: GNC Holdings misses by $0.07, beats on revenue (April 28)
Thu, Apr. 28, 9:16 AM| Thu, Apr. 28, 9:16 AM
Thu, Apr. 28, 6:53 AM
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Wed, Apr. 27, 6:54 AM
Thu, Apr. 21, 7:15 AM
- Wedbush initiates coverage on GNC Holdings (NYSE:GNC) with an rating.
- The investment firm sets a price target of $40 vs. the consensus Wall Street PT of $36.56.
- GNC closed at $33.98 yesterday vs. a 52-week trading range of $22.64 to $51.69.
- Now read Value Investors Beware: GNC May Not Be As Attractive As Its P/E
Wed, Apr. 6, 11:17 AM
- GNC Holdings (NYSE:GNC) is up 4.4% after data from ITG suggests traffic trends are stronger than expected. Shares are only pennies away from reaching the $32 level for the first time since early January.
- The company isn't due to report Q1 earnings until early May.
- Now read GNC Holdings Is A Terrific Capital Return Story
Fri, Apr. 1, 3:47 AM
- While the rates of obesity have leveled off in some countries where it's already a public health concern, other places are seeing their obesity rates increase, propping up the global average.
- "Over the past four decades, we have transitioned from a world in which underweight prevalence was more than double that of obesity, to one in which more people are obese than underweight," according to a study published in The Lancet.
- By 2025, one-fifth of adults around the world are forecast to be obese, including 40% of adults in the U.S.
- Related tickers: NUTR, PLNT, WTW, NTRI, FIT, HLF, VVUS, ARNA, GNC, MED, NATR, OREX, LTM, FINL
GNC Holdings, Inc. is a global retailer of health and wellness products, including vitamins, minerals and herbal supplements products, sports nutrition products and diet products. The company operates through three segments: Retail, Franchise and Manufacturing/Wholesale. The Retail segment sells... More
Industry: Drug Stores
Country: United States
Other News & PR