Sat, Oct. 31, 12:51 PM
- The European Automobile Manufacturers Association issued a statement this week in which it forecasts that a "substantial number" of diesel models will have to be phased out earlier than anticipated.
- The harsh assessment was mirrored by several heavyweight CEOs at the Tokyo Motor Show. The major focus of the event has been next-gen concepts like hydrogen-powered cars and self-driving features, while execs such as Nissan's Carlos Ghosn have marginalized the future of diesel.
- Many automobile industry insiders have noted that diesel was in decline due to the focus on emissions even before Volkswagen (OTCQX:VLKAY) rocked the industry with a cheating scandal.
- The mix of technology, EV, hydrogen, and powertrain changes have kept analysts buzzing over the proper valuations to assign to major players. A reset of demand expectations in China also factors in significantly.
- Automobile industry stocks: DAN, BWA, MTOR, TRW, FDML, DLPH,GNTX, SMP, AXL, MPAA, ALV, MOD, DLPH, VC, THRM, WPRT, GM, F, TM, FCAU, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, TTM, TSLA, THRM, BWA, JCI, TEN, CPS, LDL, TOWR, OTCPK:PEUGF, OTC:RNSDF, OTCPK:RNLSY.
- Previously: Hydrogen and self-driving cars the talk at the Toyota Motor Show (Oct. 29)
Wed, Oct. 21, 8:03 AM
Tue, Oct. 20, 5:30 PM
Mon, Aug. 31, 9:33 AM
Thu, Jul. 23, 8:45 AM
- Gentex (NASDAQ:GNTX) reports automotive net sales rose 12% to $370.5M, primarily due to an 11% increase in auto-dimming mirror unit shipments.
- Total auto-dimming mirror units +792 Y/Y to 8,174.
- Gross margin rate declined 130 bps to 38.4%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: $1.52B to $1.55B; Gross margin: 38.5% to 39%; Opex: $148M to $151M; Tax rate: 31.5% to 32%; Capex: $95M to $105M; D&A: $85M to $90M.
Thu, Jul. 23, 8:06 AM
Wed, Jul. 22, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ABC, ADS, AEP, ALK, AMAG, AOS, ASPS, BCC, BHE, BKU, BMS, BMY, BSX, CAB, CAM, CAT, CELG, CFX, CLFD, CMCSA, CMS, COR, CS, CSL, CY, DAN, DFRG, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DST, EQM, EQT, FAF, FCX, FIS, FNB, GM, GMT, GNTX, GPI, GPK, HBAN, HERO, HUB.B, IMAX, IQNT, IVC, JNS, KKR, KMB, LAZ, LLY, LUV, MAC, MCD, MHO, MINI, MJN, MMM, MNRO, MRGE, NDAQ, NEO, NUE, NWE, ORI, PDS, PENN, PHM, PRLB, PTEN, QSII, R, RCI, RS, RTN, SCHL, SFE, SHPG, SNA, SQNS, STC, STM, SYNT, TCB, TROW, UA, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, VAC, VRX, WAB, WCC, WIT, WM, WRLD, XRS
Thu, May 21, 4:50 PM
Wed, Apr. 22, 9:19 AM
- Gentex (NASDAQ:GNTX) reports Automotive net sales rose 10.51% to $360.6M, primarily due to an 11% increase in auto-dimming mirror unit shipments.
- Total auto-dimming mirror units +809 Y/Y to 7,933.
- Gross margin rate declined 30 bps to 38.8%.
- Operating margin rate grew 25 bps to 29.19%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: $1.47B to $1.54B; Gross margin: 38.5% to 39.5%; Opex: $148M to $154M; Tax rate: 31.25% to 32.25%; Capex: $95M to $105M; D&A: $85M to $90M.
Wed, Apr. 22, 8:04 AM
Tue, Apr. 21, 5:30 PM
Tue, Mar. 3, 9:59 AM
Wed, Jan. 28, 8:02 AM
Tue, Jan. 27, 5:30 PM| Tue, Jan. 27, 5:30 PM | 1 Comment
Fri, Jan. 2, 8:08 AM
Dec. 5, 2014, 1:08 PM
Gentex Corp designs and manufactures automatic-dimming rearview mirrors and electronics for the automotive industry, dimmable aircraft windows for the aviation industry, and commercial smoke alarms and signaling devices for the fire protection industry.
Other News & PR