Gentex Is Growing But Valued Like It Isn't
Gentex: Attractive Only When Looking At The Rearview Mirror
Alan Brochstein, CFA • 26 Comments
Alan Brochstein, CFA • 26 Comments
Jul. 23, 2015, 8:45 AM
- Gentex (NASDAQ:GNTX) reports automotive net sales rose 12% to $370.5M, primarily due to an 11% increase in auto-dimming mirror unit shipments.
- Total auto-dimming mirror units +792 Y/Y to 8,174.
- Gross margin rate declined 130 bps to 38.4%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: $1.52B to $1.55B; Gross margin: 38.5% to 39%; Opex: $148M to $151M; Tax rate: 31.5% to 32%; Capex: $95M to $105M; D&A: $85M to $90M.
- Q2 results
Jul. 23, 2015, 8:06 AM
- Gentex (NASDAQ:GNTX): Q2 EPS of $0.25 in-line.
- Revenue of $379.26M (+12.1% Y/Y) beats by $3.71M.
Jul. 22, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ABC, ADS, AEP, ALK, AMAG, AOS, ASPS, BCC, BHE, BKU, BMS, BMY, BSX, CAB, CAM, CAT, CELG, CFX, CLFD, CMCSA, CMS, COR, CS, CSL, CY, DAN, DFRG, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DST, EQM, EQT, FAF, FCX, FIS, FNB, GM, GMT, GNTX, GPI, GPK, HBAN, HERO, HUB.B, IMAX, IQNT, IVC, JNS, KKR, KMB, LAZ, LLY, LUV, MAC, MCD, MHO, MINI, MJN, MMM, MNRO, MRGE, NDAQ, NEO, NUE, NWE, ORI, PDS, PENN, PHM, PRLB, PTEN, QSII, R, RCI, RS, RTN, SCHL, SFE, SHPG, SNA, SQNS, STC, STM, SYNT, TCB, TROW, UA, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, VAC, VRX, WAB, WCC, WIT, WM, WRLD, XRS
May 21, 2015, 4:50 PM
- Gentex (NASDAQ:GNTX) declares $0.085/share quarterly dividend, 6.3% increase from prior dividend of $0.08.
- Forward yield 1.95%
- Payable July 17; for shareholders of record July 7; ex-div July 3.
Apr. 22, 2015, 9:19 AM
- Gentex (NASDAQ:GNTX) reports Automotive net sales rose 10.51% to $360.6M, primarily due to an 11% increase in auto-dimming mirror unit shipments.
- Total auto-dimming mirror units +809 Y/Y to 7,933.
- Gross margin rate declined 30 bps to 38.8%.
- Operating margin rate grew 25 bps to 29.19%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: $1.47B to $1.54B; Gross margin: 38.5% to 39.5%; Opex: $148M to $154M; Tax rate: 31.25% to 32.25%; Capex: $95M to $105M; D&A: $85M to $90M.
- Q1 results
Apr. 22, 2015, 8:04 AM
- Gentex (NASDAQ:GNTX): Q1 EPS of $0.26 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $368.94M (+9.9% Y/Y) beats by $1.61M.
Apr. 21, 2015, 5:30 PM
Mar. 3, 2015, 9:59 AM
- Gentex (NASDAQ:GNTX) declares $0.08/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.79%
- Payable April 17; for shareholders of record April 7; ex-div April 2.
Jan. 28, 2015, 8:02 AM
- Gentex (NASDAQ:GNTX): Q4 EPS of $0.24 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $350.41M (+7.2% Y/Y) misses by $17.77M.
Jan. 27, 2015, 5:30 PM| Jan. 27, 2015, 5:30 PM | 1 Comment
Jan. 2, 2015, 8:08 AM
- Gentex (NASDAQ:GNTX) will report Q4 results on Jan. 28 before the market opens.
- The conference call is scheduled to begin at 10.30 a.m. ET.
- Consensus view is EPS of $0.26 on revenues of $368.42M.
Dec. 5, 2014, 1:08 PM
- Gentex (NASDAQ:GNTX) announced two-for-one stock split to holders on record of Dec 17, payable on Dec 31.
Dec. 2, 2014, 1:09 PM
- Gentex (NASDAQ:GNTX) declares $0.16/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.80%
- Payable Jan 20; for shareholders of record Jan 7; ex-div Jan 5.
Oct. 22, 2014, 8:06 AM
- Gentex (NASDAQ:GNTX): Q3 EPS of $0.49 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $350.9M (+21.6% Y/Y) beats by $12.1M.
Oct. 21, 2014, 5:30 PM
Oct. 11, 2014, 11:05 AM
- Auto supplier stocks look poised for a vibrant rally with global demand strengthening, notes Barron's.
- A strong push by automakers to increase capacity and introduce new models with lower emissions could support the industry for years - while the race by OEMs to compete in China presents the group new opportunities.
- Innovation in self-driving car technology and the growth in electric vehicles/hydrogen-powered cars might also factor in to help demand.
- The auto supplier/parts trade could be relatively short-lived if a forecast from the chief economist from the National Automobile Dealers Association proves correct. Steven Szakaly thinks the U.S. can't support an annual selling rate of over 17M over the long term. Higher interest rates could be a spoiler, he notes.
- Auto supplier/parts stocks: DAN, BWA, MTOR, TRW, FDML, DLPH,GNTX, SMP, AXL, MPAA, ALV, MOD, DLPH, VC, THRM, WPRT.
Gentex Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and markets electro-optical products for the automotive, commercial building, and aircraft industries primarily in the United States, Germany, and Japan. The Company's major segment involves designing, developing, manufacturing and marketing... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Auto Parts
Country: United States
Other News & PR