Alan Brochstein, CFA • 26 Comments
Fri, Apr. 22, 8:40 AM
- Total auto-dimming mirror units +894 Y/Y to 8,827.
- Dimmable aircraft window sales increased 42% and fire protection products +36% during the quarter.
- Gross margin rate improved 30 bps to 39.1%.
- Operating margin rate grew 60 bps to 29.8%.
Thu, Jan. 28, 8:36 AM
- Gentex (NASDAQ:GNTX) reports Automotive net sales rose 16% to $395.9M, primarily due to a 17% increase in auto-dimming mirror unit shipments.
- Total auto-dimming mirror units +1,254 Y/Y to 8,555.
- Gross margin rate improved 180 bps to 40.2%.
- Operating margin rate increased 310 bps to 31.2%.
- FY2016 Guidance: Net sales: $1.64B to $1.72B; Gross margin: 38.5% to 39.5%; Opex: $152M to $160M; Tax rate: 31.5% to 32.5%; Capex: $115M to $130M; D&A: $90M to $100M.
- Q4 results
Jul. 23, 2015, 8:45 AM
- Gentex (NASDAQ:GNTX) reports automotive net sales rose 12% to $370.5M, primarily due to an 11% increase in auto-dimming mirror unit shipments.
- Total auto-dimming mirror units +792 Y/Y to 8,174.
- Gross margin rate declined 130 bps to 38.4%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: $1.52B to $1.55B; Gross margin: 38.5% to 39%; Opex: $148M to $151M; Tax rate: 31.5% to 32%; Capex: $95M to $105M; D&A: $85M to $90M.
- Q2 results
Apr. 22, 2015, 9:19 AM
- Gentex (NASDAQ:GNTX) reports Automotive net sales rose 10.51% to $360.6M, primarily due to an 11% increase in auto-dimming mirror unit shipments.
- Total auto-dimming mirror units +809 Y/Y to 7,933.
- Gross margin rate declined 30 bps to 38.8%.
- Operating margin rate grew 25 bps to 29.19%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: $1.47B to $1.54B; Gross margin: 38.5% to 39.5%; Opex: $148M to $154M; Tax rate: 31.25% to 32.25%; Capex: $95M to $105M; D&A: $85M to $90M.
- Q1 results
Dec. 16, 2013, 5:42 PM
Oct. 22, 2013, 9:14 AM
Oct. 23, 2012, 9:10 AM
Oct. 23, 2012, 8:19 AMGentex (GNTX): Q3 EPS of $0.29 beats by $0.01. Revenue of $268.2M (flat% Y/Y) misses by $9M. Shares -4.3% premarket. (PR) | Oct. 23, 2012, 8:19 AM
Jul. 24, 2012, 12:15 PM
Auto parts maker Gentex (GNTX -26%) crashes after a disappointing Q2 report earlier this morning. Total revenue rose 15% Y/Y, but margins were compressed by sales price reductions and a poor product mix. The stock has been hammered all year, down over 50% since January due to a combination of lawsuits, weak European car sales, and the failure of of rear view camera legislation - of which GNTX is the largest supplier - which would have required it to be installed in all vehicles.| Jul. 24, 2012, 12:15 PM
Jul. 24, 2012, 9:10 AM
Jul. 18, 2012, 10:49 AM
Shares of a number of auto suppliers move higher with sector upgrades tipping sentiment. A rating boost by Jefferies on Oshkosh Truck (OSK +5.1%) to Buy from Hold and JPMorgan's initiation of TRW Automotive (TRW +3.7%) at Overweight leads the charge. A common theme with analysts is that improvement in commercial and construction markets will help offset defense-industry sluggishness. Sector gainers: BWA +2.5%, NAV +1.9%, FSYS +3.2%, FDML +2.6%, SMP +2.5%, GNTX +2.3%.| Jul. 18, 2012, 10:49 AM
Apr. 19, 2012, 10:52 AMShares of Gentex (GNTX -9.0%) tilt lower after reporting in-line results on both its top and bottom lines. Traders seem to be latching on to the firm's forecast for Q2 revenue that is below the estimates of analysts, as well as the outlook for flat sales of shipments of rear camera displays during the year. | Apr. 19, 2012, 10:52 AM
Feb. 29, 2012, 9:39 AMGentex (GNTX -12.9%), which may have benefited from a new rule mandating all cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. to have rear-view cameras, tumbles on news the rule won’t be issued by today’s deadline and may be delayed until after the November election. Further study and data analysis is needed, DOT Sec. Ray LaHood says. | Feb. 29, 2012, 9:39 AM
Feb. 29, 2012, 9:14 AM
Feb. 28, 2012, 9:27 AM
Gentex (GNTX) +5.9% premarket on a NYT report the U.S. government will announce that all passenger vehicles must include rearview cameras by 2014. Government statistics say 228 people, many of them children, die every year and ~17K are injured in backover accidents involving passenger vehicles. GNTX markets displays used in conjunction with rearview cameras in autos.| Feb. 28, 2012, 9:27 AM | 6 Comments
Jan. 31, 2012, 2:13 PM
Shares of Gentex (GNTX -10.7%) fall sharply after the firm misses the estimates of analysts with its Q4 earnings report and warns about slowing production in China and Europe. The auto industry supplier also notes that it's still feeling a supply chain impact from the flooding in Thailand.| Jan. 31, 2012, 2:13 PM | 1 Comment