Yesterday, 9:56 AM
- Gentex (GNTX +1.7%) reports Automotive net sales rose 11% to $419.8M in Q3, due to 9% sequential increase in auto-dimming mirror unit shipments .
- Total auto-dimming mirror units +789 Y/Y to 9,113.
- Gross margin rate improved 150 bps to 40.5% driven by purchasing cost reductions and favorable product mix.
- Operating margin rate expanded 140 bps to 31.2%.
- Q4 Guidance: Revenue: +5% to +10%.
- FY2016 Guidance: Net sales: $1.68B to $1.71B; Gross margin rate: 39.3% to 39.7%; Opex: $152M to $157M; Tax rate: 31.5% to 32.5%; Capex: $115M to $130M; D&A: $90M to $100M.
Yesterday, 8:01 AM
Wed, Oct. 19, 5:30 PM
Tue, Oct. 11, 9:33 AM
- The German Bundesrat has fired a warning shot across the automobile industry that is yet another indication that seismic changes could be coming down the road.
- In a vote intended to pressure the EU, the Bundesrat approved a measure to ban gas and diesel vehicles by 2030. The Bundesrat doesn't set policy across Europe, but is considered influential.
- Naturally, the fact that the push is coming from the home of Mercedes, BMW, and Volkswagen also adds a degree of intrigue to the news and the underlying electrification push out of the trio.
- Wall Street analysts with their 1-year price target mindset haven't weighed in on the development, but there's plenty of discussion on Seeking Alpha about the implications.
- Previously: Germany says nein to internal combustion engines (Oct. 10)
- Related auto parts stocks: ACW, ALSN, ALV, AXL, BWA, CAAS, CPS, DAN, DLPH, DORM, FDML, FENX, GNTX, JCI, LDL, LEA, LKQ, MBLY, MLR, MNRO, MOD, MPAA, MPG, MTOR, PLOW, SMP, SRI, STRT, SUP, STRT, TEN, THRM, TEN, TOWR, UFAB, VC, VOXX, WBC, ZX.
Wed, Aug. 31, 8:13 AM
Fri, Jul. 22, 8:01 AM
Thu, Jul. 21, 5:30 PM
Thu, May 19, 4:49 PM
Fri, Apr. 22, 8:40 AM
- Gentex (NASDAQ:GNTX) reports Automotive net sales rose 9% to $394M in Q1, primarily due to 11% increase in auto-dimming mirror unit shipments.
- Total auto-dimming mirror units +894 Y/Y to 8,827.
- Dimmable aircraft window sales increased 42% and fire protection products +36% during the quarter.
- Gross margin rate improved 30 bps to 39.1%.
- Operating margin rate grew 60 bps to 29.8%.
Fri, Apr. 22, 8:04 AM
- Gentex (NASDAQ:GNTX): Q1 EPS of $0.28 in-line.
- Revenue of $405.57M (+9.9% Y/Y) beats by $0.95M.
Thu, Apr. 21, 5:30 PM
Wed, Apr. 20, 10:43 AM
- Baird notes that North American automobile production was up 5% in Q1 to top expectations. Production schedules for Q2 point to 3% growth.
- Strong gains in truck and SUV builds underpinned the growth, while inventory levels have held steady on consistent consumer demand.
- Baird thinks the trend looks favorable through the summer season.
- Suppliers rated at Overweight: ALV, BWA, DLPH, HAR, JCI, MBLY, VC.
- Suppliers rated at Neutral: GNTX, MEI, MPG.
- Baird analyst David Leiker ranks #240 out of 8,906 analysts on TipRanks.
- Now read Shifting The Gears On Auto Industry Growth
Thu, Feb. 25, 8:14 AM
- Gentex (NASDAQ:GNTX) declares $0.085/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.37%
- Payable April 17; for shareholders of record April 7; ex-div April 5.
Thu, Jan. 28, 8:36 AM
- Gentex (NASDAQ:GNTX) reports Automotive net sales rose 16% to $395.9M, primarily due to a 17% increase in auto-dimming mirror unit shipments.
- Total auto-dimming mirror units +1,254 Y/Y to 8,555.
- Gross margin rate improved 180 bps to 40.2%.
- Operating margin rate increased 310 bps to 31.2%.
- FY2016 Guidance: Net sales: $1.64B to $1.72B; Gross margin: 38.5% to 39.5%; Opex: $152M to $160M; Tax rate: 31.5% to 32.5%; Capex: $115M to $130M; D&A: $90M to $100M.
- Q4 results
Thu, Jan. 28, 8:06 AM
- Gentex (NASDAQ:GNTX): Q4 EPS of $0.30 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $405.6M (+15.8% Y/Y) beats by $13.24M.
Wed, Jan. 27, 5:30 PM
- ABT, ACAT, ADS, AEP, AIT, AN, ARG, AUO, AVT, BABA, BANC, BC, BHI, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BX, CAT, CELG, CHKP, CLFD, CRR, CSH, CY, DGX, DLX, DST, EPD, EXTR, F, FCFS, FCS, FLWS, GLOP, GNTX, HAR, HCA, HGG, HOG, HP, HSY, HUBB, INGR, IVZ, JBLU, JCI, KEM, LEA, LLL, LLY, LRN, MITK, MJN, MKC, MMYT, MO, MTH, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NTCT, NUE, ORI, OSK, PHM, POT, RDN, RGS, RTN, SHW, SWK, SXC, TCB, TGI, TMO, TROW, TWC, UA, UBSI, VLO, WCC, WRLD, XEL, ZBH