GOL Is Growing, But Remains Out Of Profits - Here's Why
GOL Will Fly Higher And Faster With The Help Of New Partners
Fri, Aug. 12, 11:40 AM
- Gol Linhas (GOL +5.7%) announces seat capacity fell 22% Y/Y in July.
- The number of departures during the month fell 22.3%.
- Demand in the international market was down 18%.
- The carrier's domestic load factor was flat Y/Y at 84.3%, while the international market load factor declined 110 bps to 75.4%.
- Gol Linhas went down a path of drastically cutting capacity earlier this year in an effort to stem losses.
- Source: Press Release
Tue, Jul. 12, 12:46 PM
Tue, Jul. 12, 9:58 AM
- Airline stocks are making strong gains on a flurry of positive news.
- The investment in LATAM Airlines (LFL +23.9%) by Qatar Airways is having a ripple effect across other global carriers. Copa Holdings (CPA +7.9%), Avianca Holdings (AVH +8.1%), and Go Linhas (GOL +7.8%) are all solidly higher.
- In the U.S., a stronger-than-anticipated report from United Continental (UAL +7.7%) on its key Q2 revenue metric is the highlight along with a sweeping upgrade from Deutsche Bank.
- The investment firm raises United, American Airlines Group (AAL +8.6%), and Delta Air Lines (DAL +4.7%) to Buy from Hold.
- "We are of the view that all known negatives (Brexit, tepid global economic growth, over-supplied markets, etc.) are more than fully discounted in the share prices which are, on average, trading at 6.4x our 2016 EPS estimates and 6.8x our 2017 EPS estimates," reads the note from DB.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK +4.3%), JetBlue Airways (JBLU +4%), Southwest Airlines (LUV +3.4%), and Spirit Airlines (SAVE +3.3%) are all higher as well.
- The U.S. Global Jets ETF (NYSEARCA:JETS) is up 3.86% on the day.
Wed, Jun. 22, 12:42 PM
Wed, May 4, 12:50 PM
Thu, Mar. 17, 10:19 AM
- A release of taped phone calls between President Rousseff and former President Lula more or less confirms what we already knew - that Lula was given a spot in her government to help shield him from prosecution.
- People took to the streets overnight in protest, and opposition parties renewed their calls for Rousseff's resignation.
- Maybe more important to the country - the commodity sector is lit up bright green one day after the Fed pulled back its expectations for rate hikes this year from four to two.
- The Bovespa is higher by 4%, EWZ +5.9%
- Banco Bradesco (BBD +9.8%), Santander Brasil (BSBR +6.2%), Itau Unibanco (ITUB +9.5%), Gol Linhas (GOL +9.6%)
- ETFs: EWZ, BRF, BRZU, EWZS, BRAQ, BZQ, BRAZ, BRAF, UBR, DBBR, FBZ
- Previously: Brazil slides further on Lula, rumor of central bank chief exit (March 16)
Thu, Mar. 3, 12:53 PM
Fri, Feb. 26, 9:17 AM
- Gainers: RRM +49%. SUNE +31%. AMTG +31%. SGMS +27%. STMP +26%. GOL +19%. SPLK +17%. JCP +16%. HLF +13%. BIDU +11%. SYN +10%. GLBL +8%. WLL +9%. FCX +7%. CHK +7%. PANW +8%. NRF +6%. TCK +6%. MRO +6%. KHC +6%. GRPN 5%. HLT 5%.
- Losers: RJET -83%. PPHM -60%. CARA -36%. WTW -28%. SWN -14%. GG -11%. FOLD -9%. RBS -8%. MNKD -6%. ARI -5%.
Jul. 13, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jul. 10, 2015, 9:12 AM
Mar. 13, 2015, 9:45 AM
- China Eastern Airlines (CEA) and China Southern Airlines (ZNH +5.4%) are off to a flying start with oil prices lower and stocks in China broadly higher.
- The story is mixed for Latin America airline stocks with both Gol Linhas (GOL -1.5%) and LATAM Airlines Group (LFL -0.8%) lower, while Copa Holdings (CPA +1.2%) is up in-line with global airline index averages.
- In the U.S. airline sector, the move in oil has Republic Airways (RJET +2.6%), Delta Air Lines (DAL +2.1%), United Continental (UAL +1.5%), Virgin America (VA +0.9%), and Spirit Airlines (SAVE +1.1%) making moves.
Feb. 11, 2015, 9:13 AM
Dec. 16, 2014, 12:47 PM
Dec. 16, 2014, 9:10 AM
Dec. 5, 2014, 9:10 AM
Dec. 2, 2014, 5:37 PM
GOL Linhas AÃ©reas Inteligentes SA is a holding company, which engages in the provision of air transportation services of passengers, cargo and mailbags, domestically or internationally. It also offers complementary activities of air transport service. The company was founded in 2001 and is... More
Industry: Regional Airlines