Short Squeeze Potential At Government Properties Trust
Dane Bowler • 15 Comments
Dane Bowler • 15 Comments
Government Properties - Low-Risk, Price Target +25% Plus 6.7% Yield
Ryan Griffin • 17 Comments
Ryan Griffin • 17 Comments
Tue, Jul. 19, 10:33 AM
- Government Properties Trust (GOV -3.6%) is an outlier to the downside among the office REITs after Jefferies downgrades to Underperform from Hold. The $17 price target compares to the current $23.33.
- GOV has had a big run this year, up nearly 80% since mid-January.
Tue, Jul. 12, 4:45 PM
Mon, Jun. 20, 8:19 AM
- Effective July 1, Five Star Quality Care (NYSE:FVE), Government Properties Income Trust (NYSE:GOV), Hospitality Properties Trust (NYSE:HPT), Select Income REIT (NYSE:SIR), Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE:SNH), and TravelCenters of America (NYSE:TA) will begin trading on the Nasdaq from the NYSE.
Thu, Apr. 28, 7:07 AM
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Fri, Apr. 15, 5:36 PM
Thu, Apr. 14, 9:20 AM
- Recession fears have resulted in a big drop in leasing volume - down 17.8% in Q1 to just 50M square feet, the lowest level since mid-2009.
- As for rents, high-demand submarkets saw rent gains of 3.2%, well above the U.S. average.
- The current development pipeline is at its highest level of the cycle at 96.8M square feet, with more spec developments set to break ground this year in spots like San Francisco, Seattle, Dallas, and D.C.
- While 46.8M square feet of deliveries will push completions above the long-term average, they are still well below 2008's peak.
- Looking at the sales market, it's slowed, with transaction volumes up just 1% in Q1 following five straight years at a far faster rate of growth.
- Interested parties: GOV, EQC, BXP, WRE, FPO, HIW, PDM, CIO, PSB, SIR, PKY, PGRE, BDN, SLG
Wed, Apr. 13, 8:08 AM
Thu, Feb. 18, 7:01 AM
Wed, Feb. 17, 5:30 PM
- AAN, AAWW, AGIO, ALE, BCC, CAB, CBB, CHH, COT, CVI, CVRR, DAN, DISCA, DISH, DNR, DUK, EIGI, ETR, GEL, GOV, H, HCN, HII, HOT, IDA, IDCC, IQNT, IRT, LDOS, LH, MFA, MGM, MNTA, MPEL, MTRN, MZOR, NHI, NI, ONE, PAAS, PCG, POOL, PPP, PRGO, RS, SCG, SIX, SODA, SYNT, TK, TNK, TTC, UAN, UPL, VA, VAL, WAB, WM, WMT, WST
Tue, Feb. 2, 5:38 PM
Mon, Jan. 11, 4:22 PM
- Government Properties (NYSE:GOV) declares $0.43/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 11.81%
- Payable Feb. 25; for shareholders of record Jan. 22; ex-div Jan. 20.
Fri, Jan. 8, 9:46 AM
- These income favorites are known for having had a tough time of it in 2015, in part thanks to worries about rising interest rates. MKM's Jonathan Krinsky, however, notes REITs have been relatively outperforming the S&P 500 for months and have just broken out to nine-month highs versus the broader market.
- Krinsky's a technician, so he's staying with the trend and recommending going long REITs (NYSEARCA:IYR) versus the S&P 500.
- Turning to individual REIT sectors and names, he's overweight apartments (AIV, AVB, ESS, EQR, MAA), UDR), storage (CUBE, EXR, PSA, SSS), and shopping malls (KIM, MAC, FRT, REG, IRM).
- He's equal weight data centers (buys: CONE, DCT, QTS, sells: EGP), diversified (buys: AMT, CCI, DLR, DRE, PSB, sells: EQIX, LPT, STAG, VNO, WY, WPC).
- He's underweight office property (buys: EQC, sells: HPP, FSP, GOV, KRC, OFC, PKY, SLG), hotels (sells: AHT, FCH, HPT, HST), mREITs (sells: ARR, STWD, RSO, buy: ABR), healthcare (sells: HCP, MPW, OHI, VTR, buys: DOC, HR, HTA)
Nov. 6, 2015, 10:14 AM
- While banks, brokerages, and insurers cheer the now near-certainty of higher rates, a big fall bounce for the REITs (IYR -1.8%) takes at least a pause as these income favorites mull some yield competition.
- Previously: December rate hike back on after big jobs number (Nov. 6)
- The 10-year Treasury yield is up nine basis points to 2.32% and the two-year yield has pushed to more than a five-year high of 0.90%.
- Realty Income (O -3.5%), Omega Healthcare (OHI -3.3%), Ventas (VTR -4.2%), HCP (HCP -2.8%), Medical Properties Trust (MPW -2.8%), Vornado (VNO -2.9%), Equity Residential (EQR -1.7%), AvalonBay (AVB -1.9%), Simon Property (SPG -2%), General Growth (GGP -3.2%), Inland Real Estate (ORC -0.8%), Kimco (KIM -2.6%), Public Storage (PSA -1.3%) Sovran (SSS -2.2%), Government Properties (GOV -2.3%), Boston Properties (BXP -2.6%), Ashford (AHP -5.9%), Hospitality Properties (HPT -2.1%), STAG Industrial (STAG -2.1%), Liberty Property (LPT -2%), American Campus (ACC -2.3%)
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, RQI, SCHH, ICF, SRS, RWR, RNP, JRS, KBWY, RFI, NRO, DRV, RIT, REK, RIF, FRI, FTY, PSR, DRA, FREL, WREI, IARAX, LRET, XLRE
Oct. 29, 2015, 7:08 AM
- Government Properties (NYSE:GOV): Q3 FFO of $0.59 in-line.
- Revenue of $62.09M (-3.2% Y/Y) beats by $0.1M.
Oct. 28, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, AET, ALKS, ALLE, ALLT, ALLY, ALU, ALXN, AMT, APD, AVT, AVY, AWI, BANC, BBW, BC, BG, BLL, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, CCE, CHTR, CLF, CME, CMS, COP, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVE, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DIN, DLPH, EME, EPD, EXAS, EXLS, FCN, FIG, FMS, GCI, GG, GLOP, GLPI, GNC, GOV, GT, GTLS, GTXI, HAR, HEES, HST, HTWR, I, IDA, IMS, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IVZ, JAH, JCI, KEM, KERX, LDOS, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, MA, MCK, MD, MDP, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MWW, NEO, NICE, NOK, NTCT, NVO, NYT, OAK, ODFL, OFC, OSK, PAG, PBI, PES, PF, PNK, POT, PPL, PX, RDS.A, RFP, RGS, RTIX, RYAM, SABR, SAN, SC, SCG, SHOO, SHW, SMP, SNE, SNMX, STM, TDY, TEVA, TFX, THRM, TPX, TWC, UAN, UBSI, UPL, VA, VICL, WRLD, WST, WWE, XEL, XYL, ZBH
Government Properties Income Trust operates as a real estate investment trust. It operates through two business segments: ownership of properties that are primarily leased to government tenants and equity method investment in SIR. The company owns properties leased primarily to the U.S.... More
Industry: REIT - Office
Country: United States
Other News & PR