GSI Technology, Inc.NASDAQ
Thu, Oct. 27, 4:11 PM
Fri, Sep. 16, 12:15 PM
- Intel in August agreed to purchase deep-learning startup Nervana Systems for more than $400M, with Intel VP Jason Waxman at the time saying the shift to artificial intelligence could dwarf the move to cloud computing, says SA Pro author Jim Roumell, updating his bull case on GSI Technologies (GSIT -0.2%).
- Solutions for machine learning have been evolving, and new technology from the likes of Nervana and GSI Technologies (MikaMonu) are required to get to the next level, says Roumell. For certain applications like search, GSIT believes it will be the industry leader.
- Roumell: "We believe investors have a free option on Mika's next-generation AI chip technology (anchored by a rich patent portfolio) given GSIT's roughly $40M enterprise value, and a legacy chip business which is free cash flow positive."
Thu, Jul. 28, 4:38 PM
Thu, May 5, 5:08 PM
- GSI Technology (NASDAQ:GSIT): FQ4 EPS of $0.00 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $12.2M (-6.6% Y/Y) misses by $0.6M.
Thu, Jan. 28, 4:10 PM
- GSI Technology (NASDAQ:GSIT): FQ3 EPS of -$0.04 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $12.92M (-9.2% Y/Y) misses by $0.08M.
Oct. 29, 2015, 4:45 PM
- GSI Technology (NASDAQ:GSIT): FQ2 EPS of -$0.02 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $13.57M (+2.3% Y/Y) misses by $0.43M.
Sep. 17, 2015, 10:17 AM
- Networking/telecom SRAM maker GSI Technology (GSIT +0.7%) has rejected a $6.50/share cash/stock acquisition proposal from optical component/telecom ASIC vendor GigOptix (GIG +2.3%).
- GigOptix originally offered to buy GSI in Aug. 2014. With GSI's current market cap ($96M) higher than GigOptix's ($76M) - at the buyout priced, GSI would be valued at $147M - a deal would effectively amount to a reverse merger.
Jul. 30, 2015, 4:20 PM
- GSI Technology (NASDAQ:GSIT): FQ1 EPS of -$0.04 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $14M (+8.5% Y/Y) beats by $0.5M.
May 7, 2015, 4:29 PM
- GSI Technology (NASDAQ:GSIT): Q1 EPS of -$0.12 misses by $0.10.
- Revenue of $13.06M (+1.6% Y/Y) misses by $0.24M.
Jan. 29, 2015, 4:41 PM
- GSI Technology (NASDAQ:GSIT): FQ3 EPS of $0.01.
- Revenue of $14.2M (+3.0% Y/Y).
Oct. 30, 2014, 4:17 PM
- GSI Technology (NASDAQ:GSIT): FQ2 EPS of -$0.04 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.02.
- Revenue of $13.26M (-14.5% Y/Y)
Aug. 19, 2014, 9:18 AM
- GigOptix (NYSEMKT:GIG) is proposing to buy GSI Technology (NASDAQ:GSIT) for $161M, or ~$6.50/share. The price includes $2/share in cash, ~$1.33/share in stock (based on GigOptix's trading levels over the last 3 days), and a $3.17/share special dividend payable by GSI.
- GigOptix asserts pairing its telecom RF component and ASIC offerings with with GSI's networking DRAM/SRAM ops can "create a world-class high-speed communication semiconductor business."
- The deal is expected to close in calendar Q4. GigOptix believes it would be immediately accretive on an adjusted EBITDA basis.
- GIG +12.8% to $1.50. GSIT +25.5% to $6.20.
Aug. 19, 2014, 9:15 AM
Jul. 31, 2014, 4:52 PM
- GSI Technology (NASDAQ:GSIT): FQ1 EPS of -$0.05 misses by $0.06.
- Revenue of $12.94M (-21.1% Y/Y) misses by $2.56M.
Jul. 9, 2014, 12:47 PM
May 1, 2014, 5:18 PM
- GSI Technology (GSIT): FQ4 EPS of -$0.20 misses by $0.18.
- Revenue of $12.84M (-18.3% Y/Y) misses by $0.16M.