Thu, Jun. 4, 6:46 AM| Thu, Jun. 4, 6:46 AM | Comment!
Wed, Apr. 29, 9:27 AM
- Original equipment volume +3%.
- Replacement tire shipments +2%.
- Segment sales: North America: $1.858B (-1%);EMEA: $1.331B (-21%); Asia Pacific: $450M (-9%); Latin America: $385M (-9%).
- Gross margin rate increased 253 bps to 23.81%.
- Segment operating margin: North America: 10.7% (+240 bps); EMEA: 5.5% (-110 bps); Asia Pacific: 14.9% (+170 bps); Latin America: 13.8% (+380 bps).
- GT +2.17% premarket.
Wed, Apr. 29, 8:17 AM
Tue, Apr. 28, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ACCO, ADT, AME, AMED, ANTM, AVY, BC, BEN, BGCP, BOKF, CBG, CCJ, CFR, CRI, CVE, DHX, DX, DXYN, EDR, ETN, EVER, EXC, FCAU, FCH, FDML, FI, FUN, GD, GEL, GIB, GRMN, GRUB, GT, HCBK, HERO, HES, HLT, HOT, HUM, ICON, IDCC, IP, ISSI, LFUS, LINE, LL, LVLT, MA, MDLZ, MTOR, MWV, NEE, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OCR, PCG, PX, Q, RES, ROL, SAIA, SAVE, SLAB, SLGN, SNCR, SO, SPIL, SPR, SPW, TRI, TWX, UMC, VRX, WEX, WM, WOOF
Thu, Apr. 23, 11:36 AM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT -0.8%) plans to invest $550M in Mexico to build a new tire plant.
- The facility is expected to open in 2017.
- Mexico has seen a recent boom in automotive industry investment with Ford, Toyota, and Volkswagen all plotting for expansion.
- The development hasn't gone unnoticed by the UAW which issued a harsh statement over the go south trend.
Tue, Apr. 14, 3:19 PM
- Shareholders at Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT -1.3%) re-elected all 13 members of the company's board to one-year terms.
- A number of standard amendments were approved during the vote as well the company's accounting firm .
- A proposal on moving to a simple majority voting standard was rejected.
- Goodyear says it will stick with a capital allocation plan which balances business investment, paying down debt, and returning cash to shareholders.
Mon, Apr. 13, 4:35 PM
Tue, Feb. 24, 1:39 PM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT +0.6%) will pay $16.2M to settle charges made by the SEC that its businesses in Africa bribed local officials.
- The settlement will see the company give up $14.1M in profits linked to the bribes and pay interest of $2.1M.
- Goodyear disclosed a $16M charge in a SEC filing during Q4 without going into great detail.
Mon, Feb. 23, 12:07 PM
- Among the additions to the index (which fuels the IBLN ETF) are EMC, Google (GOOG, GOOGL), Goodyear (NASDAQ:GT), Mohawk Industries (NYSE:MHK), PVH, Time Warner (NYSE:TWX), and Yahoo (NASDAQ:YHOO). There are three health care additions as well: Allergan (NYSE:AGN), Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN), and HCA. The lone energy name added is Consol Energy (NYSE:CNX).
- Exiting the index are energy names Halliburton (NYSE:HAL) and National-Oilwell Varco (NYSE:NOV), along with healthcare companies AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), Aetna (NYSE:AET), Humana (NYSE:HUM), and Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC). Citigroup (NYSE:C), CBS, Crown Castle (NYSE:CCI), and Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS) round out those subtracted.
- IBLN tracks the highest-conviction S&P 500 picks by hot-handed billionaires who built their fortunes through hedge funds and investing. The list of billionaires tracked is updated each October, and the equity components are rebalanced each quarter after sifting through regulatory filings.
- IBillionaire Index Rebalance
Tue, Feb. 17, 9:37 AM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT +3.2%) saw a one-time tax credit go a long ways to offsetting painful F/X translation in Q4.
- North America tire unit volume fell 1.8% to 16M during the quarter.
- Europe/Middle East/Africa tire volume -11.1% to 12.8M.
- Latin America tire volume +6.8% to 4.4M.
- Asia-Pacific tire volume +7.1% to 6.0M.
- The company announced it will launch an online buying site in North America.
- Guidance: Goodyear expects segment operating income to grow between 10% and 15% Y/Y in 2015 and 2016.
Tue, Feb. 17, 8:18 AM
Mon, Feb. 16, 5:30 PM
Thu, Jan. 22, 1:45 PM| Thu, Jan. 22, 1:45 PM | Comment!
Thu, Jan. 15, 8:49 AM
Dec. 19, 2014, 5:58 PM
- Consumer spending in several areas is likely to benefit from lower pump prices, but J.P. Morgan's Ryan Brinkman thinks the auto industry may benefit more than most from consumers having more money to spend on all things apart from fuel.
- The analyst sees Goodyear Tire (NASDAQ:GT), American Axle (NYSE:AXL), GM and Ford (NYSE:F) - in that order - as best positioned to benefit, followed by suppliers with material exposure to full-size trucks and SUVs that is not as great as AXL, including Tenneco (NYSE:TEN), Lear (NYSE:LEA) and Tower International (NYSE:TOWR).
- Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) is an exception, however, as Brinkman sees a potential reduction in the terminal value of cash flows on his reduced outlook for Model 3 vehicles if fuel prices remain low longer-term.
Oct. 29, 2014, 11:37 AM| Oct. 29, 2014, 11:37 AM | Comment!
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co is engaged in manufacturing of tires. The Company develops, manufactures, markets and distributes tires for various applications. It also manufactures and markets rubber-related chemicals for various applications.
Other News & PR