Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.NYSE
Goodyear: A Bargain In Plain Sight
Brian Grosso • 13 Comments
Brian Grosso • 13 Comments
Fri, Sep. 23, 11:29 AM
Thu, Sep. 15, 12:01 PM
Thu, Sep. 15, 8:19 AM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (NYSE:GT) sets financial targets ahead of its presentation today at an investor meeting.
- The company sees $3B in annual segment operating income in 2020 and cumulative free cash flow of $4.3-$4.9B from 2017 to 2020.
- On capital allocation, Goodyear says it will focus on growth capital expenditures, restructuring, debt repayment, and a shareholder return program of up to $4B.
- The capital allocation plan includes a quarterly dividend hike of 43% to $0.10 per share.
- Goodyear also reaffirms its previously announced 2016 financial targets.
- Shares of GT are up 3.54% premarket to $31.90.
- Source: Press Release
Tue, Sep. 6, 7:22 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 8:58 AM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (NASDAQ:GT) is higher in early trading after a healthy beat with Q2 profit.
- Although the company faced pressure on the revenue line due to F/X, the sale of the North American motorcycle business, and the unwinding of a Venezuelan subsidiary - operating income held up better than anticipated.
- Segment operating margin: Europe/Middle East/Africa +320 bps to 11.7%, Americas -90 bps to 13.9%, Asia Pacific +30 bps to 17.4%.
- Goodyear backed prior 2016 targets.
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber +3.98% premarket to $29.02.
Wed, Jul. 27, 7:51 AM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:30 PM
- ANGI, ANTM, ARMH, AUO, AVX, BA, BAH, BOKF, CFR, CG, CMCSA, CRCM, CRI, DCIX, DHX, DPS, DX, DXYN, ENTG, ETM, EVR, FCAU, FCF, FDML, FLIR, FSV, GCI, GD, GIB, GIL, GLW, GRMN, GT, HES, HLT, HUN, I, IMS, IR, KO, LH, LL, LVLT, MDCO, MDLZ, MHO, MMYT, MO, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OC, PB, POL, Q, R, RES, ROK, ROL, RTIX, SALT, SEIC, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SNAK, SO, SONS, SPG, STM, STRA, STT, SUP, SVU, TMUS, TPH, TYPE, UCBI, UFS, UMC, VLY, WCIC, WEC, WEX, WIX, WM, WOOF, WYN
Wed, Jul. 13, 9:06 AM
Tue, Jun. 14, 9:47 AM
- Sears Holdings (SHLD +0.2%) plans to sell car tires under the DieHard brand at its 650 automotive centers. Selling DieHard tires for SUVs and pickups could come down the road.
- The company thinks the strong consumer recognition of the DieHard brand name will help it break into the tire business.
- The new tire strategy from Sears coincides with both Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT -0.1%) and Cooper Tire & Rubber (CTB -0.1%) trading close to their 52-week low. It's unclear which tire makers Sears will partner with on the initiative.
Fri, May 20, 10:35 AM
- Shares of Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT +1.4%) perk up after Standpoint Research upgrades the company to a Buy rating on a valuation call. Six of seven Wall Street firms covering the tire seller are bullish.
- One group that disagrees with the consensus view is the University of Texas team that took down 3rd place at the Seeking Alpha Ultimate Collegiate Stock Pitch Competition. Don't make an investment in Goodyear until at least seeing what the youngsters had to say in their detailed presentation on why GT should be shorted.
Tue, May 10, 9:46 AM
Wed, Apr. 27, 9:31 AM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (NASDAQ:GT) reports tire unit volume increased 2% to 41.5M in Q1, driven by growth in the Asia Pacific region, primarily in Japan and China.
- Original equipment unit volume rose 2% Y/Y.
- Replacement tire shipments grew 2% Y/Y.
- Segment sales: North America: $1.95B (-13%); EMEA: $1.25B (-6%); Asia Pacific: $489M (+8.7%).
- Gross margin rate advanced 300 bps to 6.8%.
- Segment operating margin: North America: 13.3% (+220 bps); EMEA: 6.4% (+90 bps); Asia Pacific: 16.2% (+130 bps).
- Total segment operating margin rate improved 180 bps to 11.4%.
Wed, Apr. 27, 7:48 AM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (NASDAQ:GT): Q1 EPS of $0.72 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $3.7B (-8.0% Y/Y) misses by $220M.
Tue, Apr. 26, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, AGCO, ANTM, AOS, AVY, BA, BEN, BGCP, BHI, BOKF, BSX, CFR, CMCSA, CSL, DHX, DPS, DX, EVER, EVR, FDML, FI, GCI, GD, GIB, GPI, GRA, GRMN, GT, HES, HLT, IART, IP, JLL, LDOS, LEA, LLL, LRN, MDLZ, MKTX, MVIS, NAP, NDAQ, NEO, NMR, NOC, NS, OC, OSIS, PB, RDN, RES, ROK, ROL, SAIA, SC, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SMED, SO, SONS, STM, STNG, STT, SUP, SXC, TGNA, TKR, TPH, UMC, UTX, VLY, WEX, WOOF
Tue, Apr. 12, 8:32 AM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (NASDAQ:GT) declares $0.07/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 0.9%
- Payable June 1; for shareholders of record May 2; ex-div April 28.
Thu, Apr. 7, 8:17 AM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (NASDAQ:GT) is upgraded by KeyBanc to an Overweight rating.
- The investment firm thinks industry supply and demand trends look favorable for the tire seller.
- KeyBanc's price target of $39 on Goodyear leaves it some room to run.
- Now read Good Years Ahead With Goodyear's Strong Cash Profile