Mon, Aug. 29, 1:38 AM
- According to an analysis by the Kaiser Family Foundation, nearly a third of U.S. counties will likely be served by only one insurer that participates in an Affordable Care Act marketplace in 2017, representing an increase from 7% this year.
- The data underscores the degree to which industry retrenchment from low enrollment and high service costs is curtailing options within the marketplaces.
- Insurer departures will likely lead to higher prices, analysts have warned.
- Related tickers: UNH, AET, ANTM, CI, HUM, WCG, CNC, MOH, GTS, HQY
Thu, Aug. 4, 1:00 PM
Thu, Aug. 4, 6:33 AM
Wed, Jun. 1, 1:01 PM
Thu, May 5, 6:33 AM
Thu, Feb. 18, 12:48 PM
Thu, Feb. 18, 6:34 AM
- Triple-S Management (NYSE:GTS): Q4 EPS of $0.45 beats by $0.20.
- Revenue of $768.34M (+35.9% Y/Y) beats by $1.99M.
Nov. 5, 2015, 6:50 AM
- Triple-S Management (NYSE:GTS): Q3 EPS of $0.39 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $765.09M (+34.9% Y/Y) misses by $6.75M.
Aug. 6, 2015, 7:16 AM
- Triple-S Management (NYSE:GTS): Q2 EPS of $0.28 in-line.
- Revenue of $770.3M (+31.4% Y/Y) beats by $11.27M.
Jul. 2, 2015, 12:45 PM
May 22, 2015, 11:14 AM
- Major health insurers in some states are proposing rate increases of as much as 51% for plans sold under the federal health law, according to a WSJ analysis, setting the stage for an intense debate over the law’s impact.
- All the insurers cite high medical costs incurred by people newly enrolled under the Affordable Care Act, saying their proposed rates reflect the revenue they need to pay claims now that they have had time to analyze their experience with the law’s requirement that they offer the same rates to everyone regardless of medical history.
- Some insurers are trying to catch up with the impact of expensive drugs such as Sovaldi, foreseeing significant pent-up demand from the newly enrolled, says a fellow at the Society of Actuaries.
- Relevant tickers: IHF, HNT, UNH, MOH, CNC, UAM, AET, CI, HUM, HCA, WCG, GTS, EMCI, MGLN
May 7, 2015, 7:10 AM
- Triple-S Management (NYSE:GTS): Q1 EPS of $0.37 beats by $0.11.
- Revenue of $581.7M (-0.5% Y/Y) beats by $14.48M.
Feb. 19, 2015, 12:46 PM
Feb. 19, 2015, 7:18 AM
- Triple-S Management (NYSE:GTS): Q4 EPS of $0.10 vs. $0.11 in 4Q13.
- Revenue of $565.18M (-4.8% Y/Y).
Nov. 4, 2014, 6:32 AM
- Triple-S Management (NYSE:GTS): Q3 EPS of $0.31 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $563.8M (-3.3% Y/Y) misses by $13.43M.
Aug. 5, 2014, 7:44 AM
- Triple-S Management (NYSE:GTS): Q2 EPS of $0.89 beats by $0.61.
- Revenue of $586.2M (-1.9% Y/Y) in-line.