W.W. Grainger, Inc.NYSE
Grainger Seems To Be A Little Confused
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Thu, Dec. 1, 6:58 AM
- Genesee & Wyoming (NYSE:GWW) announces that Genesee & Wyoming Australia completed the acquisition of Glencore Rail for A$1.14B.
- The business issued a 49% equity stake in GWA to funds and clients managed by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets.
- The company says the acquisition strengthens its footprint in Australia and adds a significant presence in the Hunter Valley coal supply chain.
- Source: Press Release
Wed, Nov. 30, 3:56 PM
- Grainger (GWW +2.2%) continues to hold solid gains after earlier touching its highest levels since August, reaffirming FY 2017 guidance and saying it expects lesser price decrease as it already has taken a “bunch of the action” this year.
- “Investors expect that if oil prices recover, E&P activity in North America should again pick up and GWW would benefit with Canada going from a net drag to positive profitability,” Longbow Research analyst Chris Dankert tells Bloomberg.
- The bulk of GWW’s oil exposure is in Canada, which is currently a drag on profit, Dankert says.
Fri, Nov. 11, 11:34 AM
Wed, Oct. 26, 10:41 AM
Tue, Oct. 18, 7:43 AM
- W.W. Grainger (NYSE:GWW) reports organic sales were flat Y/Y in Q3.
- U.S. business sales decreased 0.6% to $2.03B.
- Canada business sales declined 15.9% to $179.28M.
- Other businesses sales grew 35.9% to $481.93M.
- Gross margin rate fell 190 bps to 40%
- Adjusted operating margin rate squeezed 110 bps to 12.8%.
- FY2016 Guidance: Sales: +1.5% to +2.5%; Diluted EPS: $11.40 to $11.70.
Tue, Oct. 18, 7:31 AM
Mon, Oct. 17, 5:30 PM
Mon, Aug. 8, 9:10 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 10:38 AM
Tue, Jul. 19, 7:46 AM
- W.W. Grainger (NYSE:GWW) reports organic sales fell 2% in Q2
- U.S. business sales dropped 2.6% to $1.98B.
- Canada business sales squeezed 18.8% to $194.42M due to weak economic environment.
- Other businesses sales rose 48.7% to $474.17M.
- Gross margin rate decreased 200 bps to 40.6%
- Adjusted operating margin rate slipped 160 bps to 12.6%.
- FY2016 Guidance: Sales: +1% to +4%; Diluted EPS: $11.20 to $12.20; Tax rate: 36.8% to 37.8%.
Tue, Jul. 19, 7:31 AM
Mon, Jul. 18, 5:30 PM
Thu, Jun. 2, 7:46 AM
- May monthly performance was: +0.76%
- 52-week performance vs. the S&P 500 is: +7%
- No dividends were paid in May
- Top 10 Holdings as of 4/30/2016: Consolidated Edison Inc (ED): 2.09%, Leggett & Platt Inc (LEG): 2.07%, S&P Global Inc (SPGI): 2.07%, Brown-Forman Corp Class B (BF.B): 2.07%, Colgate-Palmolive Co (CL): 2.06%, C.R. Bard Inc (BCR): 2.05%, Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): 2.05%, W.W. Grainger Inc (GWW): 2.05%, Clorox Co (CLX): 2.05%, McCormick & Co Inc Non-Voting (MKC): 2.05%
Thu, May 12, 8:18 AM
- Grainger (NYSE:GWW) reports daily sales rose 4% in April.
- The Cromwell acquisition added four percentage points of growth. Sales in the U.S. segment were down 1% during the month.
- Organic daily sales were flat for April.
Mon, May 2, 7:58 AM
- April monthly performance was: +0.8%
- $0.21 in dividends were paid in April
- Top 10 Holdings as of 3/31/2016: Nucor Corp (NUE): 2.38%, Emerson Electric Co (EMR): 2.24%, Illinois Tool Works Inc (ITW): 2.22%, W.W. Grainger Inc (GWW): 2.22%, Genuine Parts Co (GPC): 2.22%, Pentair PLC (PNR): 2.19%, Leggett & Platt Inc (LEG): 2.19%, McCormick & Co Inc Non-Voting (MKC): 2.17%, Air Products & Chemicals Inc (APD): 2.15%, Dover Corp (DOV): 2.15%
Wed, Apr. 27, 11:46 AM
- W.W. Grainger (NYSE:GWW) declares $1.22/share quarterly dividend, 4.3% increase from prior dividend of $1.17.
- Forward yield 2.06%
- Payable June 1; for shareholders of record May 9; ex-div May 5.