Take Advantage Of The Overreaction In Harman International
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
Harman International: 75% Upside Left Even After 22% Run
Harman International: The Best Bet On Autos
Thu, Apr. 28, 8:11 AM
Thu, Apr. 28, 8:09 AM
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Wed, Apr. 20, 10:43 AM
- Baird notes that North American automobile production was up 5% in Q1 to top expectations. Production schedules for Q2 point to 3% growth.
- Strong gains in truck and SUV builds underpinned the growth, while inventory levels have held steady on consistent consumer demand.
- Baird thinks the trend looks favorable through the summer season.
- Suppliers rated at Overweight: ALV, BWA, DLPH, HAR, JCI, MBLY, VC.
- Suppliers rated at Neutral: GNTX, MEI, MPG.
- Baird analyst David Leiker ranks #240 out of 8,906 analysts on TipRanks.
- Now read Shifting The Gears On Auto Industry Growth
Mon, Mar. 14, 9:33 AM
- Harman International Industries (HAR +0.8%) is upgraded by Evercore ISI to a Buy rating from Neutral.
- The company has been attracting attention due to its strategic positioning with connected technology in the automotive and broader consumer goods sectors.
- New partners include Google, Microsoft, and Under Armour.
- Shares of Harman trade 45% below their 52-week high.
Fri, Mar. 11, 8:16 AM
- Harman International (NYSE:HAR) announces it completed the acquisition of cybersecurity specialty firm TowerSec. The TowerSec property will be added to Harman's Connected Car Division.
- The company anticipates the transaction will be dilutive to operating earnings by around $0.05 in FY16, excluding transaction costs.
Mon, Feb. 8, 6:48 PM
- Infotainment system and connected service provider Harman (NYSE:HAR) is partnering with 3G/4G patent owner and R&D provider InterDigital (NASDAQ:IDCC) to provide a suite of standards-compliant IoT services.
- The solution is said to pair InterDigital's oneMPOWER IoT service platform with Harman's "excellence in IoT systems integration and service management." The companies promise the solution "will further facilitate application development, analytics and other data services based on the simple and flexible data environment while ensuring a robust and scalable standards-based solution."
- The news comes less than a week after Cisco announced it's buying leading IoT service provider Jasper Technologies for $1.4B+. Amazon, IBM, Microsoft, and a slew of other tech giants have also unveiled IoT service offerings, each hoping to profit from a surge in the number of Web-connected embedded devices being deployed by enterprises and service providers.
Mon, Feb. 8, 8:24 AM
Thu, Jan. 28, 11:06 AM
- Harman International (HAR -6.2%) reported revenue from its connected car business increased 2% to $737M in Q4. The lifestyle business saw a 20% revenue pop to $625M.
- The company says it's on track to meet its full-year plan, although analysts and investors may have been factoring in a bit more than that.
- Harman's key partnerships include more than just automakers - with Google, Microsoft, and Under Armour all on board with IoT projects.
- Shares of Harman are now down 21% YTD.
- Previously: Harman International lower after earnings (Jan. 28 2016)
Thu, Jan. 28, 8:08 AM
Thu, Jan. 28, 8:03 AM
Wed, Jan. 27, 5:30 PM
- ABT, ACAT, ADS, AEP, AIT, AN, ARG, AUO, AVT, BABA, BANC, BC, BHI, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BX, CAT, CELG, CHKP, CLFD, CRR, CSH, CY, DGX, DLX, DST, EPD, EXTR, F, FCFS, FCS, FLWS, GLOP, GNTX, HAR, HCA, HGG, HOG, HP, HSY, HUBB, INGR, IVZ, JBLU, JCI, KEM, LEA, LLL, LLY, LRN, MITK, MJN, MKC, MMYT, MO, MTH, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NTCT, NUE, ORI, OSK, PHM, POT, RDN, RGS, RTN, SHW, SWK, SXC, TCB, TGI, TMO, TROW, TWC, UA, UBSI, VLO, WCC, WRLD, XEL, ZBH
Tue, Jan. 5, 2:08 PM
- Under Armour (UA +0.4%) officially launched its connected fitness suite of products at CES.
- As anticipated, the company unveiled the UA Healthbox platform, a data-tracking untethered running shoe , wireless headphones in partnership with Harman International (NYSE:HAR), and the UA Band fitness tracker which was designed by HTC (OTC:HTCXF). The products will roll out on the retail side throughout the year.
- Under Armour's aggressive push into connected fitness products is being supplemented by its acquisitions of MapMyFitness, Endomondo, and MyFitnessPal. While Nike, Fitbit, and Adidas are the obvious targets of Under Armour's tech play, there's also some clawing at Apple's Beats business and health monitoring ecosystem.
Oct. 29, 2015, 8:18 AM
- Harman (NYSE:HAR) declares $0.35/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.31%
- Payable Nov. 24; for shareholders of record Nov. 9; ex-div Nov. 5.
Oct. 29, 2015, 8:08 AM
- Harman (NYSE:HAR): FQ1 EPS of $1.48 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $1.63B (+14.0% Y/Y) beats by $10M.
Oct. 28, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, AET, ALKS, ALLE, ALLT, ALLY, ALU, ALXN, AMT, APD, AVT, AVY, AWI, BANC, BBW, BC, BG, BLL, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, CCE, CHTR, CLF, CME, CMS, COP, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVE, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DIN, DLPH, EME, EPD, EXAS, EXLS, FCN, FIG, FMS, GCI, GG, GLOP, GLPI, GNC, GOV, GT, GTLS, GTXI, HAR, HEES, HST, HTWR, I, IDA, IMS, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IVZ, JAH, JCI, KEM, KERX, LDOS, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, MA, MCK, MD, MDP, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MWW, NEO, NICE, NOK, NTCT, NVO, NYT, OAK, ODFL, OFC, OSK, PAG, PBI, PES, PF, PNK, POT, PPL, PX, RDS.A, RFP, RGS, RTIX, RYAM, SABR, SAN, SC, SCG, SHOO, SHW, SMP, SNE, SNMX, STM, TDY, TEVA, TFX, THRM, TPX, TWC, UAN, UBSI, UPL, VA, VICL, WRLD, WST, WWE, XEL, XYL, ZBH
Harman International Industries, Inc. engages in designing, manufacturing and marketing audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer and professional markets supported by the brands, including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon, Mark Levinson, Martin, Revel, Selenium,... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Electronic Equipment
Country: United States
Other News & PR