Yesterday, 7:30 AM
- Philip van Doorn and team at Marketwatch put together a list of 18 S&P 500 names with consensus sell-side price targets at least 30% above the current price.
- Ten of the 18 stocks are in healthcare, which has been roughed up by a combination of Obamacare, Clinton's talk about drug pricing (back when all thought she would be the next POTUS), and now Trump joining in the bashing.
- The list (in order of possible upside): Mallinckrodt PLC (NYSE:MNK) - 56% potential upside, Endo International PLC (NASDAQ:ENDP) - 52% upside, Hanesbrands (NYSE:HBI) - 45% upside, Edwards Lifesciences (NYSE:EW) - 44% upside, Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL) - 42% upside, Allergan (NYSE:AGN) - 39% upside, Alexion (NASDAQ:ALXN) - 37% upside, Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ:ATVI) - 35% upside, Salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM) 34% upside, NRG Energy (NYSE:NRG) - 34% upside, Centene (NYSE:CNC) 34% upside, Gilead (NASDAQ:GILD) 33% upside, Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) 32% upside, Boston Scientific (NYSE:BSX) - 32% upside, Pitney owes (NYSE:PBI) - 32% upside, Molson Coors (NYSE:TAP) - 30% upside, Newell Brands (NYSE:NWL) - 30% upside, Zimmer Bioment (NYSE:ZBH) - 30% upside.
Tue, Dec. 6, 8:12 AM
- Credit Suisse adds Planet Fitness (NYSE:PLNT) to its top picks (#2 - first pick remains Hanesbrands (NYSE:HBI)) in apparel & footwear, noting comp-store sale acceleration to high single digits.
- Firm believes PLNT will deliver double-digit revenue growth and 20%+ EPS growth for several years.
- Adds Coach (NYSE:COH) as #3 pick, noting stabilization in the core business and a possible acquisition narrative.
- Says COH is best-positioned company in the affordableluxury accessory group.
- CS dumps NKE ("we see better opportunities elsewhere") and LULU ("downgraded to Neutral") from top picks.
Fri, Nov. 25, 11:57 AM
- KeyBanc calls Amazon (AMZN -0.1%) and Wal-Mart (WMT +0.7%) early winners of the Black Friday shopping period based on channel checks.
- The investment firm confirms other reports that mall traffic is light. Within the mall sector, Lululemon (LULU +0.2%), Victoria's Secret (NYSE:LB) and Gaps (GPS -1.4%) are called outperformers - while concerns are raised over Buckle (BKE +0.6%) and Vera Bradley (VRA +0.8%).
- Cowen also sees Wal-Mart as a winner. Pink (LB) and American Eagle Outfitters (AEO +0.2%) are also doing wel, according to analyst Olivia Chen.
- MKM Partners has an eye on margins. The combination of "virtually all" retailers offering broad discounts on store assortment and a low level of inventory heading into the shopping period is striking.
- FBR Capital reiterates the broad theme that online sales are diluting Black Friday store traffic. Despite the overhang - Carter's (CRI +0.2%), Hanesbrands (HBI -0.3%), Chico's (CHS +0.7%) and Children's Place (PLCE +1.3%) are called out by FBR as standouts.
Fri, Oct. 28, 12:01 PM
Fri, Oct. 28, 9:58 AM
- Shares of Hanesbrands (NYSE:HBI) shoot higher after the company matched analyst estimates with its Q3 report.
- Acquired business helped stoke growth rates during the quarter and management said organic sales in the key Innerwear segment rose 2%.
- Looking ahead, the company sees Q4 of $1.7B to $1.73B vs. $1.68B consensus.
- Previously: Hanesbrands EPS and revenue in-line (Oct. 27)
- HBI +10.71% to $26.35 vs. a 52-week trading range of $23.35 to $33.24.
Fri, Oct. 28, 9:20 AM
Thu, Oct. 27, 4:10 PM
Wed, Oct. 26, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDR, ALEX, ALJ, AMCC, AMGN, AMZN, ARAY, ARII, ASGN, ATEN, ATR, ATRC, AUY, AZPN, BGS, BIDU, BMRN, BOFI, BOOM, BSAC, BVN, CA, CATM, CBI, CBL, CEMP, CENX, CHDN, CLD, CLMS, CNMD, COLM, COWN, CPT, CRUS, CUBE, CXP, CY, DECK, DGII, DLR, ECOL, EGO, EHTH, ELLI, EMN, ESS, EXPE, FET, FII, FIX, FLEX, FLS, FORM, FPO, FR, FTNT, FTV, GIMO, GOOG, HBI, HIG, HLS, HTH, IART, IM, INT, INVA, IPHS, ISBC, ITGR, KAMN, KIM, KONA, KRG, LEG, LNKD, LOGM, MAA, MAC, MCK, MLNX, MOBL, MOH, MSA, MSTR, NANO, NATI, NGD, NR, NSIT, NSR, OFC, OII, OIS, OMCL, OSIS, PDFS, PEB, PFG, PKD, POWI, PSMT, PXLW, RGC, RSG, SGEN, SHOR, SIMO, SKYW, SMCI, SNMX, SPNC, SPSC, SRCL, SSD, SSNC, STRZA, SYK, SYNA, TDOC, TEAM, TFSL, TGB, TLGT, TMST, VCRA, VDSI, VR, VRSN, WRE, WRI, WSFS, YRCW
Tue, Oct. 25, 5:11 PM
Wed, Aug. 10, 9:58 AM
- Results from Fossil (FOSL +5.3%) and Ralph Lauren (RL +8.2%) that came in ahead of some beat-down expectations are helping to provide a lift to other names in the apparel sector. The rally is focused primarily on higher-end sellers.
- Cost streamlining helped to cut into weak tourism and F/X trends.
- Notable gainers include Hanesbrands (HBI +3.6%), PVH Corp (PVH +1%), Luxottica (LUX +1.9%), Kohl's (KSS +2.3%), VF Corp (VFC +1.2%), Guess (GES +1.2%), G-III Apparel (GIII +1.7%), Gildan Activewear (GIL +0.8%), and Vera Bradley (VRA +1.5%).
Sat, Aug. 6, 11:17 AM
- Barron's keeps it simple in identifying six stocks with low valuations and attractive payouts.
- The common link between Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN), Hanesbrands (NYSE:HBI), Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO), Ingersoll-Rand (NYSE:IR), PPG Industries (NYSE:PPG), and Robert Half International (NYSE:RHI) is that they all offer up growing earnings and trade at a discount.
- Look for a little bounce on Monday for the group after the call-out.
Wed, Aug. 3, 9:15 AM
- Gainers: SZMK +45%. KOOL +43%. INVT +26%. GNW +23%. ZAGG +14%. OCLR +12%. FIT +9%. BOFI +8%. ING +8%. TRXC +8%. ETP +7%. FCAU +6%. ETSY +6%. ZTS +6%.
- Losers: RUBI -29%. DRWI -20%. CRAY -20%. VGZ -19%. KATE -18%. CYH -17%. CROX -17%. ELGX -11%. FTAI -9%. QRVO -8%. SHIP -6%. COH -6%. RGC -6%. HBI -6%. KORS -6%. INO -5%.
Tue, Aug. 2, 4:08 PM
Mon, Aug. 1, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, AFG, AGII, AIG, AMED, AMSG, AR, ARC, AVD, BEAT, BECN, BGFV, BPI, BRKR, CALD, CALX, CAR, CENT, CERN, CHEF, CHUY, CLI, CLUB, CRAY, CSU, CXO, CZR, DEI, DVN, DXCM, EA, ELGX, ENLK, ENPH, ESE, ESIO, EXAM, FANG, FARO, FGL, FISV, FIT, FMC, FMI, FNGN, FORM, FTAI, FTV, FUEL, GHDX, GLUU, GNW, GUID, HBI, HCI, HIW, HRZN, INN, JIVE, KAR, KFRC, LOCK, LQ, MATX, MDU, MOD, MRC, MRCY, MXWL, NBR, NEWR, NFX, NOVT, NPO, NYMT, OCLR, OESX, OHI, OKE, OKS, OMI, ORA, PAA, PAGP, PAYC, PBPB, PLT, PRMW, PRO, PZZA, QRVO, QUOT, REXX, RGR, RIGL, RLOC, RPAI, RPXC, RUBI, SF, SGY, SLCA, SM, STAG, SUPN, SYRG, TMH, TNAV, TPC, TRQ, TRUP, TSRA, TX, VNOM, VRSK, VTAE, WMGI, WR, WTR, XXIA, Y, ZAGG, ZEN
Tue, Jul. 26, 4:41 PM
Fri, Jul. 15, 7:06 AM
- HanesBrands (NYSE:HBI), announces it completed the acquisition of Pacific Brands Limited.
- Hanes acquired the publicly traded Pacific Brands for approximately $800M on an enterprise-value basis, or slightly more than 10X projected calendar 2016 EBITDA. Annualized sales for Pacific Brands' core Underwear and Sheridan divisions are approximately $600M.
- The all-cash transaction is expected to deliver an after-tax internal rate of return in the mid-teens.
- The Pacific Brands acquisition is the second that Hanes has completed in the past two weeks. The expected performance of Pacific Brands for the balance of the 2016 calendar fiscal year, as well as that of Champion Europe, acquired June 30, is already reflected in the company’s updated financial guidance announced May 31.
- Source: Press Release