Hudbay Minerals Inc Ordinary ShNYSE
Fri, Sep. 30, 2:01 PM
Wed, Sep. 7, 8:30 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:11 PM
Mon, Jul. 25, 3:46 PM
- Teck Resources (TCK -0.6%) is upgraded to Hold from Sell and First Quantum Minerals (OTCPK:FQVLF) is raised to Buy from Hold at Canaccord Genuity, which sees the two companies as a “pinprick of light in the commodities tunnel.”
- The firm says TCK’s status as the largest and most diversified base metals producer in Canada, as well as ongoing improvement in met coal and zinc prices, will provide support to the stock's current trading multiples.
- First Quantum is the only company in the group followed by Canaccord that boasts a growing copper production profile, as both the Sentinel and Cobre Panama projects ramp up.
- The firm rates its two other names under coverage in the Canadian base metals sector, HudBay Minerals (NYSE:HBM) and Lundin Mining (OTCPK:LUNMF), at Buy.
Mon, May 16, 3:24 PM
- Hudbay Minerals (HBM +7.2%) is upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform with a $7.50 price target at RBC Capital, which cites HBM's attractive valuations, strong funding position. and high leverage to zinc, which RBC says is its preferred commodity.
- The firm believes the zinc market is in deficit and will remain in deficit, drawing inventories down below critical levels and leading to very strong pricing; with 23% of HBM's 2016 revenues expected to come from zinc, and the highest earnings leverage to zinc in its North American coverage universe, RBC expects improving zinc prices to yield significant upside for the shares.
- In addition, RBC says its sensitivity analysis suggests that at spot commodity prices and currencies, HBM would be free cash flow positive through 2018.
- Now read Hudbay Minerals: Not good enough yet but there's hope
Thu, Apr. 28, 5:08 PM
- Hudbay Minerals (NYSE:HBM): Q1 EPS of -$0.07 misses by $0.05.
- Revenue of $253.6M (+97.0% Y/Y) misses by $6.63M.
Tue, Apr. 19, 12:49 PM
Thu, Apr. 7, 12:45 PM
Wed, Feb. 24, 5:30 PM
- AAON, ACIW, AG, ALKS, AMCX, AMRN, AMWD, ANSS, APA, APLP, AROC, BBY, BUD, CCOI, CHS, CLDX, CM, CNSL, CORE, CPB, CPK, CRI, CVC, DPZ, EGRX, EME, EMES, ENOC, FCH, FCN, FIG, GLOG, GOGO, GTLS, GVA, HBM, HEES, HMHC, HTWR, INCR, IONS, IRDM, IRM, ITC, KERX, KOP, KSS, LKQ, MITL, NEWM, NPO, [[NTi]], NXST, PCRX, PDCO, PF, PGTI, PRIM, PWR, RDUS, RGEN, RRD, RWLK, SAFM, SDRL, SEAS, SERV, SFM, SFUN, SHLD, SPAR, STWD, TD, TFX, TREE, TWI, UNT, UTHR, VAC, VC, VWR, W, WIN, WNR, WNRL, WPC, XCRA, ZBRA, ZEUS
Wed, Feb. 24, 5:23 PM
- Hudbay Minerals (NYSE:HBM): Q4 EPS of $0.05 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $336.64M (+198.7% Y/Y) beats by $2.01M.
Thu, Jan. 14, 1:23 PM
- HudBay Minerals (HBM -12.2%) is sharply lower after saying its FY 2015 production of copper, zinc and precious metals was within guidance ranges in both its Manitoba and South America units.
- HBM forecasts 2016 copper, zinc and precious metals production to rise 12%, 9% and 16% Y/Y at each respective midpoint, reflecting the first full year of capacity at its Constancia mine in Peru.
- HBM says it plans to cut 2016 capex by more than 20% to ~$300M.
- Barclays downgrades shares to Underweight from Overweight and cuts its price target to $4 from $10.
Dec. 7, 2015, 5:58 PM
- Incoming Goldcorp (NYSE:GG) CEO David Garofalo tells Financial Post that for the first time in his career, he is "inheriting a company that’s actually running very smoothly."
- Under Chuck Jeannes, set to retire in April, GG has grown to the point where it is now the world’s most valuable gold miner, but the bigger question for investors is what lies ahead, as the miner expects production to top out at 3.4M-3.7M oz. in 2017 and decline after that.
- Garofalo tells FP there are clear parallels between the strategies of his current company, HudBay (NYSE:HBM), and Goldcorp: Both companies have built nearly all the mines they operate, both like to acquire early-stage projects and add value themselves through drilling and construction, and both have sold plenty of non-core assets that do not fit their long-term plans.
- "Garofalo’s challenge will be to lead a more mature company that has transitioned from being an upstart to one of the industry’s largest companies,” TD Securities analyst Greg Barnes says, noting that other precious metals miners struggled to grow once they got as big as GG.
Dec. 4, 2015, 5:11 PM
- Goldcorp (NYSE:GG) says CEO Chuck Jeannes will retire following its annual general meeting in April, to be succeeded by HudBay Minerals (NYSE:HBM) President and CEO David Garofalo.
- Garofalo is a 25-year veteran of the natural resources sector, serving most recently as HBM's President and CEO since 2010; before joining HBM, he was senior VP and CFO of Agnico-Eagle Mines from 1998.
- Jeannes has led GG since 2007 and has been with the company and its Glamis Gold predecessor for nearly 17 years.
Nov. 5, 2015, 5:02 PM
- Hudbay Minerals (NYSE:HBM): Q3 EPS of -$0.05 misses by $0.16.
- Revenue of $269.8M (+58.5% Y/Y) misses by $88.99M.
Nov. 4, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, ACHN, AEGR, AGO, AHS, AIRM, AL, ALEX, ALIM, AMBR, AMRS, AMTG, ANET, ARCW, ATHX, ATSG, BBG, BBRG, BCEI, BEBE, BLDR, BPI, BRKS, BRS, CALD, CBI, CERS, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CORT, CPST, CSOD, CTCT, CUBE, CYBR, CYTX, DATA, DIOD, DIS, DMD, DWA, EAC, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ED, EFC, EGN, EGOV, ELON, EOG, ERII, EVC, EXAR, FICO, FNGN, FTEK, FXCM, GDOT, GERN, GLUU, GSAT, GSM, GST, GXP, HAIN, HBM, HE, HK, HNSN, HTGC, ICUI, INAP, INFI, INWK, IRG, JJSF, KHC, KTOS, LBTYA, LNT, MAIN, MASI, MDRX, MDVN, MED, MHK, MITK, MNST, MRC, MSCC, MTD, NEWR, NFG, NKTR, NVDA, OLED, ONTY, OREX, OUT, PCTY, PETX, PKI, PLT, PODD, PRAA, PRO, PXLW, QRVO, RATE, RBA, RLYP, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RRTS, SEMG, SHAK, SKUL, SLH, SNAK, SREV, SSRI, STMP, SWIR, SWKS, TCRD, TCX, TEAR, TNGO, TRIP, TRMR, TRQ, TRUE, TTWO, UBNT, UEPS, VRNS, VVC, WAGE, WG, WIFI, WTW, XOMA, YUME
Oct. 7, 2015, 5:39 PM