What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Yesterday, 6:12 PM
- Sabra Health Care REIT (SBRA +2.3%) has a deal to sell its Forest Park Medical Center Frisco Hospital to a unit of HCA, closing a chapter on a bankruptcy filing.
- The deal is for $96.25M in cash, less assumption of capital lease obligations of about $7.3M. Columbia Medical Center of Plano, a subsidiary of HCA Holdings (HCA +1.2%), is taking on the Frisco Hospital pending a bankruptcy court hearing Feb. 18 to approve the sale.
- Sabra's expecting to see net proceeds of $89.1M-$94.1M, and thus take a loss in Q1 of $30M-$35M on its intersts in Frisco Hospital and a debtor-in-possession loan issued to the Frisco operators.
- HCA is up 1.6% after hours.
Thu, Jan. 28, 10:39 AM
- HCA Holdings (HCA +1.8%) Q4 results: Revenues: $10,249M (+6.4%); Salaries and Benefits: $4,606M (+7.6%); Supplies: $1,686M (+1.6%); Other Operating Expense: $1,835M (+3.2%); Net Income: $582M (+10.4%); EPS: $1.40 (+17.6%); Non-GAAP EPS: $1.69 (+27.1%).
- Q4 Operating Statistics: Reported Admissions: 467,300 (+2.0%); Equivalent Admissions: 787,800 (+3.6%); Equivalent Patient Days: 3,850,500 (+4.7%); Inpatient Surgery Cases: 134,000 (+1.1%); Outpatient Surgery Cases: 240,200 (+2.9%); Emergency Room Visits: 2,037,700 (+4.5%).
- FY2015 results: Revenues: $39,678M (+7.5%); Salaries and Benefits: $18,115M (+8.9%); Supplies: $6,638M (+6.0%); Other Operating Expense: $7,103M (+5.2%); Net Income: $2,129M (+13.5%); EPS: $4.99 (+20.0%); Non-GAAP EPS: $5.56 (+18.3%); Quick Assets: $741M (+30.9%).
- FY2015 Operating Statistics: Reported Admissions: 1,868,800 (+4.1%); Equivalent Admissions: 3,122,700 (+5.5%); Equivalent Patient Days: 15,299,100 (+6.7%); Inpatient Surgery Cases: 529,900 (+2.1%); Outpatient Surgery Cases: 909,400 (+2.0%); Emergency Room Visits: 8,050,200 (+8.0%).
- 2016 Guidance: Revenues: $41.5B - 42.5B; Adjusted EBITDA: $8.15B - 8.45B; Adjusted EPS: $6.00 - 6.45; CAPEX: ~$2.7B.
Thu, Jan. 28, 9:23 AM
- Gainers: NEOS +59%. DNR +17%. BCEI +16%. UA +16%. FB +14%. INO +13%. ATHX +12%. PBR +12%. WLL +11%. MRO +10%. [[PBR-A]] +10%. TRXC +9%. CHK +9%. MLNX +9%. LINE +9%. MT +9%. SDRL +8%. HOG +8%. ETE +8%. STO +8%. CRUS 7%. KMI 7%. BBL 6%. HCA 6%. MJN 6%. CJES 6%. PYPL 6%.
- Losers: NOW -22%. OSIS -22%. EBAY -11%. INVN -10%. URI -10%. INCY -9%. JNPR -10%. OAS -7%.
Thu, Jan. 28, 8:41 AM
Wed, Jan. 27, 5:30 PM
- ABT, ACAT, ADS, AEP, AIT, AN, ARG, AUO, AVT, BABA, BANC, BC, BHI, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BX, CAT, CELG, CHKP, CLFD, CRR, CSH, CY, DGX, DLX, DST, EPD, EXTR, F, FCFS, FCS, FLWS, GLOP, GNTX, HAR, HCA, HGG, HOG, HP, HSY, HUBB, INGR, IVZ, JBLU, JCI, KEM, LEA, LLL, LLY, LRN, MITK, MJN, MKC, MMYT, MO, MTH, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NTCT, NUE, ORI, OSK, PHM, POT, RDN, RGS, RTN, SHW, SWK, SXC, TCB, TGI, TMO, TROW, TWC, UA, UBSI, VLO, WCC, WRLD, XEL, ZBH
Mon, Jan. 11, 9:15 AM
Fri, Jan. 8, 5:01 PM
- On a preliminary basis, HCA Holdings (NYSE:HCA) expects its 2015 non-GAAP EBITDA to be $7.9B, slightly higher than its guidance of $7.8B.
- Same facility admissions, same facility equivalent admissions and same facility emergency room admissions are expected to increase 1.6%, 2.9% and 3.6%, respectively, yoy.
- Final results will be released in the next three to four weeks.
Dec. 18, 2015, 12:18 PM
- Biogen (BIIB +0.2%) initiated with Overweight rating and $344 (16% upside) price target by Atlantic Equities.
- CVS Health (CVS -0.1%) initiated with Overweight rating and $110 (16% upside) price target by Barclays.
- Clovis Oncology (CLVS +0.9%) initiated with Buy rating and $50 (48% upside) price target by Janney.
- Relypsa (RLYP +2.6%) initiated with Buy rating and $63 (123% upside) price target by H.C. Wainwright.
- HCA Holdings (HCA -0.2%) initiated with Outperform rating and $75 (16% upside) price target; LifePoint Health (LPNT +0.4%) with an Outperform rating and $79 (13% upside) price target; Tenet Healthcare (THC +1.2%) with a Neutral rating and $33 (18% upside) price target and Universal Health Services (UHS +0.4%) with a Neutral rating and $129 (11% upside) price target by Credit Suisse.
- Amgen (AMGN -0.1%) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight by Morgan Stanley. Price target raised to $193 (20% upside) from $160.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals (VRX -1.8%) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Mizuho Securities. Price target raised to $130 (19% upside) from $111.
Dec. 3, 2015, 9:38 AM
- HCA Holdings (HCA +0.6%) commences a public offering of $500M aggregate principal amount of 5.875% senior notes due 2026. The notes will trade interchangeably with the $1.0B aggregate principal amount of 5.875% senior notes due 2026 issued by the company on November 13.
- Net proceeds will be used for general corporate purposes.
Nov. 23, 2015, 2:47 PM
- Goldman Sachs' Hedge Fund VIP list of the 50 most-heavily-owned stocks have trailed the S&P 500 by about 500 basis points (down 2% vs. the S&P's 3% gain) year-to-date, including 720 basis points of underperformance since the start of October (down about 8% vs. down about 1%).
- Call it the Valeant effect: Health-care stocks have accounted for about 70% of the year-to-date 2% decline.
- Based on the most recent filing, hedge funds are bailing on some of their poorer performers, including Valeant (NYSE:VRX), HCA Holdings (NYSE:HCA), Endo (NASDAQ:ENDP), Ally Financial (NYSE:ALLY), and NorthStar Realty (NYSE:NRF), and have instead placed bets on Baidu (NASDAQ:BIDU), Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL), MGM Resorts (NYSE:MGM), and GE.
- After the shakeup, the top five hedge fund hotels: Allergan (NYSE:AGN), Facebook (NASDAQ:FB), Alphabet (GOOG, GOOGL), Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC), and Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN).
Oct. 27, 2015, 10:29 AM
- HCA Holdings (HCA +1.1%) Q3 results: Revenues: $9,856M (+6.9%); Salaries and Benefits: $4,619M (+9.7%); Supplies: $1,644M (+6.8%); Other Operating Expenes: $1,796M (+6.4); Adjusted EBITDA: $1,815M (-0.7%); Net Income: $449M (-13.3%); EPS: $1.05 (-9.5%); Quick Assets: $588M (+3.9%).
- Reported Admissions: 466,400 (+3.8%); Equivalent Admissions: 787,300 (+4.8%); Revenue per Equivalent Admission: 12,517 (+2.0%); Inpatient Surgery Cases: 134,000 (+2.1%); Outpatient Surgery Cases: 226,400 (+1.7%); ER Visits: 2,023,100 (+7.2%).
- 2015 Guidance: Non-GAAP EBITDA: ~ $7.8B; Non-GAAP EPS: $5.20 - 5.25.
Oct. 27, 2015, 8:32 AM
- HCA Holdings (NYSE:HCA): Q3 EPS of $1.17 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $9.9B (+7.4% Y/Y) in-line.
Oct. 26, 2015, 5:30 PM
- AHGP, AIXG, AKS, AME, AMTD, ARG, ARLP, AVX, AXE, BABA, BAX, BEAV, BMY, BP, BTU, CMCSA, CMI, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DD, ERJ, F, FBC, FCH, FDP, FMER, GLW, GPI, GRUB, HCA, HUN, ICLR, IIVI, IMGN, IPGP, IPI, IR, JBLU, LPT, LRN, LXK, MAS, MDC, MDSO, MGLN, MMC, MNI, MRK, MSM, NCI, NVS, ONE, PCAR, PCH, PCRX, PFE, POL, POR, QSR, RAI, RDN, SAVE, SCHN, SEE, SIR, SPG, SPR, ST, SUI, TMUS, TREX, TXT, UPS, UTHR, WAT, WDR, WM, WSO, WYN, YNDX
Oct. 22, 2015, 9:26 AM
- Community Health's (NYSE:CYH) failure to meet Q3 consensus has created softness for other hospital operators. Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC) is down 12% and (NYSE:HCA) is down 7% in premarket trading.
- Previously: Preliminary Q3 results sink Community Health; shares down 22% premaket (Oct. 22)
Oct. 22, 2015, 9:14 AM
Oct. 15, 2015, 9:13 AM
Other News & PR