HCA Holdings, Inc.NYSE
HCA Continues To Drive Organic Growth
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
HCA Holdings: A Low-Risk Play On Continued Reform Growth
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
Tue, Nov. 22, 4:59 PM
- "Tenet Healthcare (THC -5.1%) presents a problem because of its high leverage," says Mizuho's Sheryl Skolnick in this morning's downgrade of the stock to Underperform. Even at her price target of $13, she says, the shares still wouldn't be terribly cheap.
- At $17 (the price before today's open), Tenet trades at a premium to HCA Holdings (HCA -3.9%) - not fair, she says, as HCA has free cash flow, and Tenet doesn't.
- Others: Community Health Systems (CYH -1.4%), LifePoint Health (LPNT -2.5%), Quorum Health (QHC -4.1%)
Wed, Nov. 16, 9:36 AM
Tue, Nov. 15, 8:37 AM
Wed, Nov. 9, 8:29 AM
- Hospital groups look a bit sickly premarket as investors appear to perceive a less-than-robust future under a Trump presidency.
- Sampling: (NYSE:HUM) -2%; (NYSE:HCA) -16%; (NYSE:THC) -26%; (NYSE:CYH) -18%; (NYSE:UHS) -10%; (NYSE:SEM) -7%; (NASDAQ:LPNT) -12%
- Healthcare services are weak as well: (NYSE:UNH) -3%; (NYSE:MOH) -8%; (NASDAQ:AMSG) -11%; (NASDAQ:AMED) -3%; (NYSE:EVHC) -5%
Mon, Nov. 7, 11:30 AM
- Investors are moving back into hospital groups in early trading on what appears to be a collective sigh of relief that the FBI investigation into candidate Clinton's email management while Secretary of State has been shut down. The investigative agency reiterated its statement that she is not guilty of any crime. In other words, she is "on go" to be elected President.
- Representative tickers: (HUM +3.8%)(THC +13.5%)(HCA +5%)(CYH +9.1%)(UHS +4.3%)(SEM +7.4%)(LPNT +4.8%)
Thu, Oct. 27, 10:31 AM
- HCA Holdings (HCA +1.5%) Q3 results: Revenues: $10,270M (+4.2%); Net Income: $618M (+37.6%); EPS: $1.59 (+51.4%); Non-GAAP EPS: $1.61 (+37.6%); Quick Assets: $677M (-2.0%); CF Ops: $3,954M (+24.5%).
- 2016 Guidance: Total Revenues: $41B - 42B (unch); Non-GAAP EBITDA: $8.10B - 8.30B (unch); Non-GAAP EPS: $6.50 - 6.80; CAPEX: ~$2.7B (unch).
Thu, Oct. 27, 8:32 AM
Wed, Oct. 26, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ABMD, ACOR, AET, ALLE, ALV, ALXN, AMT, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BBW, BC, BCOR, BGCP, BMS, BMY, BWA, BX, CBG, CCMP, CELG, CFX, CHH, CL, CLF, CMC, CME, CMS, COLB, COP, COR, CRI, CRR, CRS, CVE, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CYS, DFT, DLX, DOW, DPS, EME, EPD, EQGP, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FMS, GCI, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, HCA, HEES, I, IDA, IDCC, IP, IPGP, IRDM, IVZ, LANC, LAZ, LKQ, LLL, MD, MDP, MDXG, MHO, MJN, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, NEWM, NMR, NOK, NOV, NTCT, ODFL, ORI, PATK, PENN, PF, PJC, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, QSII, RDN, RGS, ROCK, RTN, SCG, SEE, SFE, SILC, SIRI, SMP, SQNS, SRPT, STM, SUP, SWK, TCK, TDC, TFX, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPH, TPX, TREE, TROW, TUES, TWTR, TZOO, UAN, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VC, VLP, WCC, WEX, WST, WWE, XEL, XRS, YNDX
Fri, Oct. 14, 6:49 AM
- Merck (NYSE:MRK) upgraded to Buy from Neutral by Bank of America. Price target raised to $70 (12% upside) from $57.
- HCA Holdings (NYSE:HCA) upgraded to Overweight from Sector Weight by KeyBanc.
- Momenta Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:MNTA) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight by Barclays. Price target raised to $19 (54% upside) from $13.
- TESARO (NASDAQ:TSRO) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $123 (6% upside) price target by Bank of America.
- Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) downgraded to Hold from Buy with a $36 (10% upside) price target by Jefferies.
- Theravance Biopharma (NASDAQ:TBPH) downgraded to Underperform from Neutral by Baird. Price target raised to $24 (25% downside risk) from $19.
- Ilumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) downgraded to Sell from Neutral by Janney Montgomery Scott. Price target lowered to $125 (9% downside risk) from $155. Downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Citigroup. Price target lowered to $140 (2% upside) from $190.
- Myriad Genetics (NASDAQ:MYGN) downgraded to Sell from Neutral with a $16 (14% downside risk) price target by Ladenburg Thalmann.
Thu, Jul. 28, 9:31 AM| Thu, Jul. 28, 9:31 AM
Thu, Jul. 28, 8:33 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Fri, Jun. 17, 6:53 AM
- HCA Holdings (NYSE:HCA) initiated with Market Perform rating and $88 (13% upside) price target by Sanford C. Bernstein.
- UnitedHealth Group (NYSE:UNH) initiated with Outperform rating and $142 (2% upside) price target by Sanford C. Bernstein.
- Cepheid (NASDAQ:CPHD) initiated with Equal Weight rating and $30 (1% upside) price target by Morgan Stanley.
- Amsurg (NASDAQ:AMSG) initiated with Market Perform rating by Wells Fargo.
- Cynapsus Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CYNA) initiated with Buy rating and $24 (41% upside) price target by Janney Capital.
- Entellus Medical (NASDAQ:ENTL) initiated with Buy rating and $22 (20% upside) price target by BTIG Research.
- DENTSPLY SIRONA (NASDAQ:XRAY) initiated with Overweight rating and $70 (10% upside) price target by Piper Jaffray.
Thu, May 12, 4:20 PM
- Hospital stocks took it on the chin today as bearish investors anticipate the potential softening of revenues after a federal judge ruled that the Obama administration is unconstitutionally spending money to reimburse health insurers for the extra cost of providing coverage to low-income Americans under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) without obtaining an appropriation from Congress.
- House Republicans sued Obama accusing the President of violating the law by delaying the enforcement of several provisions of the ACA. Lawyers later focused on the reimbursements, which could be as high as $175B over a decade according to Republicans. Predictably, administration attorneys say the suit should be dismissed because the House has no legal right to sue considering the reimbursements were authorized by law.
- Judge Rosemary Collyer, appointed by George W. Bush in 2002, issued an order stopping further reimbursements, but its implementation will be delayed until the appeal process runs its course.
- Related tickers: (CYH -10.8%)(HUM -2.5%)(HCA -3.2%)(HLS -1.5%)(KND -8.1%)(LPNT -3.3%)(THC -9.8%)(SSY -1.5%)
Tue, May 3, 9:21 AM
- HCA Holdings (NYSE:HCA) Q1 results ($M): Total Revenues: 10,260 (+6.0%). Consensus: $10.25B.
- Net Income: 811 (+12.6%); Non-GAAP EBITDA: 2,003 (+2.1%); EPS: 1.69 (+24.3%); Non-GAAP EPS: 1.71 (+26.7%); CF Ops: 1,399 (+37.4%). Consensus EPS: $1.49.
- 2016 Guidance: Total Revenues: $41.5B - 42.5B (unch); Non-GAAP EBITDA: $8.15B - 8.45B (unch); Non-GAAP EPS: $6.00 - 6.45 from $6.20 - 6.65; CAPEX: ~$2.7B (unch).
- Q2 Consensus: EPS of $1.58 on revenues of $10.49B.
- Shares are off 5% premarket on average volume.
Tue, May 3, 8:32 AM
- HCA Holdings (NYSE:HCA): Q1 EPS of $1.71 beats by $0.23.
- Revenue of $10.26B (+6.0% Y/Y) beats by $20M.