What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Wed, Feb. 10, 6:12 PM
- Sabra Health Care REIT (SBRA +2.3%) has a deal to sell its Forest Park Medical Center Frisco Hospital to a unit of HCA, closing a chapter on a bankruptcy filing.
- The deal is for $96.25M in cash, less assumption of capital lease obligations of about $7.3M. Columbia Medical Center of Plano, a subsidiary of HCA Holdings (HCA +1.2%), is taking on the Frisco Hospital pending a bankruptcy court hearing Feb. 18 to approve the sale.
- Sabra's expecting to see net proceeds of $89.1M-$94.1M, and thus take a loss in Q1 of $30M-$35M on its intersts in Frisco Hospital and a debtor-in-possession loan issued to the Frisco operators.
- HCA is up 1.6% after hours.
Thu, Jan. 28, 9:23 AM
- Gainers: NEOS +59%. DNR +17%. BCEI +16%. UA +16%. FB +14%. INO +13%. ATHX +12%. PBR +12%. WLL +11%. MRO +10%. [[PBR-A]] +10%. TRXC +9%. CHK +9%. MLNX +9%. LINE +9%. MT +9%. SDRL +8%. HOG +8%. ETE +8%. STO +8%. CRUS 7%. KMI 7%. BBL 6%. HCA 6%. MJN 6%. CJES 6%. PYPL 6%.
- Losers: NOW -22%. OSIS -22%. EBAY -11%. INVN -10%. URI -10%. INCY -9%. JNPR -10%. OAS -7%.
Mon, Jan. 11, 9:15 AM
Oct. 22, 2015, 9:26 AM
- Community Health's (NYSE:CYH) failure to meet Q3 consensus has created softness for other hospital operators. Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC) is down 12% and (NYSE:HCA) is down 7% in premarket trading.
- Previously: Preliminary Q3 results sink Community Health; shares down 22% premaket (Oct. 22)
Oct. 22, 2015, 9:14 AM
Oct. 15, 2015, 9:13 AM
Oct. 14, 2015, 5:39 PM
Aug. 5, 2015, 8:33 AM
- HCA Holdings (NYSE:HCA): Q2 EPS of $1.37 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $9.9B (+7.3% Y/Y) beats by $80M.
- Shares +1.06% PM.
Jun. 25, 2015, 12:45 PM
May 5, 2015, 8:32 AM
- HCA Holdings (NYSE:HCA): Q1 EPS of $1.35 beats by $0.16.
- Revenue of $9.68B (+9.6% Y/Y) beats by $120M.
- Shares +1.52% PM.
Apr. 15, 2015, 11:34 AM
- On a preliminary basis, HCA Holdings (HCA +2.5%) expects Q1 revenues of $9.675B (+9.5%), pre-tax income of $1.075B (+58.1%); adjusted EBITDA of $1.960B (+19.2%) and EPS of $1.35 (+77.6%).
- Same facility admissions increased 5.1%, same facility equivalent admissions rose 6.8% and same facility emergency room visits rose 11.5%. Same facility revenue per equivalent admission is expected to increase 1.6%.
- Updated 2015 Guidance: Revenues: $39.0B - 40.0B from $38.5B - 39.5B; Non-GAAP EBITDA: $7.55B - 7.85B from $7.35B - 7.65B; Non-GAAP EPS: $4.90 - 5.30 from $4.55 - 4.95; CAPEX: ~$2.4B (unch).
- The company will report final Q1 results on or about May 5.
Mar. 4, 2015, 12:11 PM
- Hospitals rally on comments from Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy, often a swing vote in important cases. He says there is a powerful point to the Obama administration's argument that the Affordable Care Act would fall apart if the subsidies were ruled invalid.
- The Court is currently hearing arguments in the case King v. Burwell, which challenges federal subsidies in states that did not create their own health insurance exchanges. Its final decision will not be announced until June, though.
- Hospitals and health insurers have the most at stake. They have benefited greatly since the law was signed in 2010. To date, 11.4M Americans have signed up for coverage in 2015, giving both groups more paying customers and potentially cutting the number of non-paying emergency room visits. If the subsidies were ruled invalid then many people would drop coverage due to the higher cost.
- Related tickers: (HCA +6.2%)(THC +5.4%)(UHS +2.6%)(CYH +5.4%)(LPNT +3.3%)(SEM -0.9%)(SSY)(HUM +0.1%)(CI -0.4%)(CNC)(MOH +0.3%)(ANTM +0.5%)(UNH +0.3%)(MGLN +0.3%)(WCG +0.3%)
Jan. 23, 2015, 5:31 PM
Jan. 9, 2015, 5:31 PM
- HCA +2.6% AH after raising guidance for FY 2014 EBITDA to ~$7.4B from an earlier range of $7.25B-$7.35B.
- HCA says Q4 results will include a $68M increase in Medicaid revenues related to the reversal of the Texas Medicaid Waiver Program adjustment that had been recorded in Q3.
- Says same-facility admissions rose ~5% in Q4, while same-facility emergency room visits rose ~10.5%.
Oct. 15, 2014, 5:33 PM
- HCA expects Q3 revenue of $9.22B and EPS of $1.16, above a consensus of $9.04B and $0.98.
- The hospital owner now forecasts full-year revenue of $36.5B-$37B and EPS of $4.40-$4.60, above a consensus of $36.4B and $4.22.
- Same-facility admissions rose 2.8% Y/Y in Q3, and same-facility equivalent admissions 4.1%. Same-facility uninsured admissions and equivalent admissions respectively fell 14.8% and 8.9%, and same-facility emergency room visits rose 7.3%.
- Full Q3 results are expected on or about Oct. 28.
Jul. 25, 2014, 3:27 PM
- Money is flowing into hospital management firms today on bullish views about the impact of The Affordable Care Act. LifePoint Hospitals (LPNT +7.2%) leads the charge after it increased its earnings guidance earlier today.
- (UHS +6.6%) (HCA +2.3%) (SEM +0.4%) (THC +8.8%) (SSY -4.2%) (CYH +3.8%) (CHDX) (SCAI +1%) (ADPT -1.1%)
Other News & PR